By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2020: Tampa Bay Buccaneers win Super Bowl LV

All four teams in the NFC West have a winning record:
Seahawks, 5-1
Cardinals, 5-2
Rams, 4-2
49ers, 4-3

Meanwhile, the NFC East...

Around the Network
Angelus said:
I took a gamble on the Raiders, so I'm not super surprised that one isn't quite panning out, but I have to say that I expected more from NE. Very poor showing by them.

Not sure why anybody picked the Raiders to win that game Tampa has the best defense in the NFL and its only getting better their offense is getting better also.

Chris Hu said:
Shaunodon said:
Cowboys are so tragic, it's not really fun to mock them. It's actually insulting how terrible they're playing with their talent and payroll.

They are only somewhat talented on offense their defense was already bad last year and is record breaking bad this year.  

'Somewhat'? That offense is loaded as hell.

O-line is banged up, but usually filled with pro bowlers. Zeke has lead the league in rushing several years, but somehow has fumbleitis now. 3 legit deep threats in Cooper, Gallup and Lamb, who can no longer catch passes lately. Decent tight ends.

Couple years ago, on the back half of the season their defense was looking elite too. It hasn't changed that much since. D-Law should still be a legit pass rusher. Smith and LVE are a top 3 LB duo. Their secondary legit stinks, but there should be ways to fix it or cover it up somehow.

You're judging by results, but watching them this year I just see a lack of drive and heart. Since Dak went down, they look like they don't even want to be out there.

Shaunodon said:
coolbeans said:
That hit on Dallas QB was so dirty imo.

His teammates didn't even back him up. No heart in that squad.

Fuck that squad. That is the most tragic thing I've ever seen in football. Your QB is down and you don't even go after the man who concussed him. I have zero respect for the offensive line after that.

I've never seen a dirty hit go unpunished by the teammates on the field, except now with this Dallas team. Dysfunction and heart aside, you stick up, and protect your players, even if it means getting in the face of the dirty hitter at the very least...

Poor Andy... playing on a team that doesn't even support him.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

... Browns front line defense outside of Garrett is just awful. Surprised Baker was even able to carry the team with that atrocious defense.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network
Shaunodon said:
Chris Hu said:

They are only somewhat talented on offense their defense was already bad last year and is record breaking bad this year.  

'Somewhat'? That offense is loaded as hell.

O-line is banged up, but usually filled with pro bowlers. Zeke has lead the league in rushing several years, but somehow has fumbleitis now. 3 legit deep threats in Cooper, Gallup and Lamb, who can no longer catch passes lately. Decent tight ends.

Couple years ago, on the back half of the season their defense was looking elite too. It hasn't changed that much since. D-Law should still be a legit pass rusher. Smith and LVE are a top 3 LB duo. Their secondary legit stinks, but there should be ways to fix it or cover it up somehow.

You're judging by results, but watching them this year I just see a lack of drive and heart. Since Dak went down, they look like they don't even want to be out there.

Nope, somewhat talented is the right term for their offense.  In reality they are very overrated and completely overhyped by the media and experts.  Not to mention that they are also overpaid but that is what you get when the owner is also the GM.

Most surprising to me from the NFC West is of course the Cardinals. Don't recognize many names on their team, but I suppose I should.

All I can say is my change was definitely made ~30mins before scheduled kickoff. I wouldn't say no to it being changed on a 'technicality' though

Should have realized bears weren't as good as their record.... Haven't seen them play but should have known... 49ers beating down patriots for worse home loss under Belichick was semi surprising. I knew might be loss for patriots but thought cam newton would maybe show up for a game after last week performance. Looks like patriots should have signed Brady for another year or two and actually got him some more receivers or playmakers. They should have done what chiefs did and draft a top notch qb and have him sit under Brady for a year or two before starting and moving on from Brady. Looks like Reid is a better coach these days.

Shaunodon said:
PAOerfulone said:
So according to league sources, Antonio Brown is about to sign with the Buccaneers.
Obviously, Brady wants him there, otherwise this wouldn’t be happening. But should it be happening?

I believe Brady was advocating for him before the season. The reason they're signing him now though is likely because OJ Howard is out for the season, Chris Godwin has missed half their games and barely practiced, Mike Evans has been limping since week 2, Gronk is slowly getting into better football shape but has a bum shoulder right now and Fournette has played 1 snap in the last 3 weeks.

And right on time, Godwin has a fractured index finger and will miss at least a week.

Bucs play the Giants next, so hardly concerning. Week after that though is their most important game of the season, hosting the Saints. They'll likely want Godwin to at least be available if necessary, but considering that's also the first game AB will be eligible to play, they may want him to just rest a bit longer instead. He's likely still carrying a bad hamstring, so more time off helps with that too. In a strange way, not the worst timing.