By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2020: Tampa Bay Buccaneers win Super Bowl LV

HOU-KC 2 PHI-WAS 1 MIA-NE 2 GB-MIN 1
IND-JAX 1 CHI-DET 2 LV-CAR 1 NYJ-BUF 2
CLE-BAL 2 SEA-ATL 1 LAC-CIN 1 ARI-SF 1
TB-NO 2 DAL-LAR 1 PIT-NYG 1 TEN-DEN 1

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
hatmoza said:
I'm honestly starting to believe that there is no defense that can stop KC from scoring less than 3 touchdowns a game. This offense is insane. Out of curiosity I checked their last season scores and they only had one game they scored less than 3 touchdowns. I kind of want them to go undefeated in the regular season. I'm looking at their schedule and Baltimore may be the only team that has a defense that can potentially stop the TD machine. I see a few strong offensive teams on the schedule, but when KC can effortlessly drop 30 points a game, a good offensive team is still not guaranteed to win against them. They have the power and speed to run away with the game, and the ability to comeback if they are in the hole.

His name escapes me, but there was a linebacker with Houston that was let go. Who's genius decision was it them go? They were definitely missing him.

Even the best teams usually have one off-day during the regular season where just about nothing seems to work as usual.

Yes. It's extremely hard to pull off. That's why I'm hoping for it this year. This is a once in a blue moon opportunity. If any team can do it,  it's this KC team, right now. The last time I remember it happening was the 2007 Patriots, who ended up losing the SB to the NYG. The only reason I remember is because the Browns had a magical run that year. Plus I've always been a Tom Brady fan.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

sethnintendo said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

They had a ferocious defense for a couple years and made it to the AFC title game. They should have won it too, but they choked pretty bad late. They have Minshew at QB, he was surprisingly good last year. But they are in rebuild mode, they have traded or cut almost all of their talent. They’ll be bad on defense this year and will have to throw a ton. 

Sounds like they have their work cut out for them.  I just remember every year sportscasters always try to prop up some underdog team or whatever saying this is their year or whatever because of their draft choices or trades from previous year.  Remember last year when they hyped Baker Mayfield and the fucking Browns?  Well guess what the browns still suck and Baker Mayfield can suck a dick.  This coming from a TTU fan and Mayfield is a little bitch that went to OU cause he sucked at TTU.  I grew up in Ohio and at least I had common knowledge not to root for Ohio teams because they suck.

Been meaning to respond to this. You say the same shit every year. "oh I used to live in Ohio", "fuck the Browns", "they will never succeed" etc etc. But in reality, you sound JUST like a miserable Browns fan... a closeted one XD

For fun, I would eventually go back and pull those posts up, eventually. So please don't go back and delete them! We need them for future comic relief!

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

HOU-KC KC PHI-WAS PHI MIA-NE MIA GB-MIN GB
IND-JAX JAX CHI-DET CHI LV-CAR CAR NYJ-BUF BUF
CLE-BAL BAL SEA-ATL ATL LAC-CIN CIN ARI-SF SF
TB-NO NO DAL-LAR LAR PIT-NYG PIT TEN-DEN DEN

I still have followed next to zero NFL news and am making my picks solely on whoever sounds good based on last year. On top of that and Corona randomness, I'll be pleased if I get half of my picks right, and this will probably be my worst seasonal point total ever.

hatmoza said:
RolStoppable said:

Even the best teams usually have one off-day during the regular season where just about nothing seems to work as usual.

Yes. It's extremely hard to pull off. That's why I'm hoping for it this year. This is a once in a blue moon opportunity. If any team can do it,  it's this KC team, right now. The last time I remember it happening was the 2007 Patriots, who ended up losing the SB to the NYG. The only reason I remember is because the Browns had a magical run that year. Plus I've always been a Tom Brady fan.

It wouldn't be the right year to do it though. Any sort of historic record like that would likely come with a big fat asterisk thanks to the pandemic.

Around the Network

Baker already with an interception. Also, the new footwork they taught him over practice is awkward. I fear it will fuck his passing game permanently.
Baltimore's defense it's honestly scary.

Fake punt... big backfire. Brown's seriously are destined to be fuck-ups year in year out.

First look at Cam Newton is NE’s QB.

First impressions: Not impressed.

Lamar looks smarter. He was forced into a 3rd down pass, and he actually threw it away instead of his usual scramble for a first down. If he can be that aware this year... I won't hate on him anymore.

PAOerfulone said:
First look at Cam Newton is NE’s QB.

First impressions: Not impressed.

Can you give your opinion? I wanna watch that game ... but I'm a miserable Browns fan watching them lose to Baltimore at the moment.