By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2020: Texans vs. Lions and Football Team vs. Cowboys on Thanksgiving - Ravens vs. Steelers postponed to Sunday

The Chiefs are the first NFL team to start the season 4-0 for four consecutive years.

Around the Network
BYE TB-CHI 1 LAR-WAS 1 BUF-TEN 1
PHI-PIT 2 ARI-NYJ 1 LV-KC 2 JAX-HOU 2
CIN-BAL 2 CAR-ATL 2 MIA-SF 2 NYG-DAL 2
IND-CLE 2 DEN-NE 2 MIN-SEA 2 LAC-NO 2

ANNOUNCEMENT - Week 4 Results and Standings

View the spreadsheet with all collected data here. Check your own statlines and let me know if there any mistakes.

sethnintendo - I opened up the possibility for comments on the spreadsheet, so you can select a cell in the document and then attach a comment via the icon in the top right corner. Ideally you pick either the "WEEK 5" cell or your own name under this specific week, if you intend to submit your picks that way. Or you can contact me on Discord (RolStoppable #5717). Or you can use the VGC mod team's e-mail and ask them to post your picks for week 5 in this thread. Or contact someone else you know on VGC via any means open to you.

Everyone else - Since last year's prediction league format made use of Google for submissions and somebody tried to troll me there by submitting picks under my name, I'll make it clear that my spreadsheet being open for comments is not an invitation for abuse. If someone attempts to pull off something funny, I reserve the right to punish said person by suspending them for a week, i.e. they'll go 0-15 regardless of what they have picked.

Moving on to the results of week 4, they were rather uneventful with two thirds of the league posting the same record. The outliers consist of noname2200 scoring a much needed win, Chris Hu and PAOerfulone standing out from the crowd and sethnintendo barely finishing with a positive record. Seven people correctly picked the Colts to win against the Bears. Lastly, LudicrousSpeed called it quits after missing Sunday's games.

# Username Record PP
1 noname2200 12-3 5
2 Chris Hu 11-4 2
2 PAOerfulone 11-4 2
3 Angelus 10-5 2
3 burninmylight 10-5 2
3 castor 10-5 2
3 Farsala 10-5 1
3 hatmoza 10-5 2
3 Level1Death 10-5 1
3 RolStoppable 10-5 2
3 Shaunodon 10-5 2
4 sethnintendo 8-7 -
5 LudicrousSpeed 0-15 -

The standings don't show much movement because of the above results. Chris Hu extends his lead to two games while Shaunodon, Angelus, PAOerfulone and noname2200 each climb 1 spot. sethnintendo sees the biggest drop of the week, down 2. The prediction league is now down to only 12 participants, so the smallest amount possible to still hold a traditional playoff round. If we go any lower than this, we'll have a minileague come January. Or in other words, as of this moment everyone who keeps participating throughout the season (submitting 230+ picks out of a possible 256) will be eligible for the prediction league playoffs.

# Username Record Pct. PP #1-3 #1 #2 #3 BP PW
1 Chris Hu 46-17 .730 11 4 1 2 1 2 -
2 RolStoppable 44-19 .698 11 4 1 - 3 4 -
3 Farsala 44-19 .698 10 3 1 1 1 3 -
4 Shaunodon 43-20 .683 11 3 1 1 1 4 -
5 Angelus 43-20 .683 7 3 - 2 1 2 -
6 sethnintendo 42-21 .667 7 3 - 2 1 2 -
7 Level1Death 42-21 .667 7 3 - 1 2 3 -
8 castor 41-22 .651 8 2 1 - 1 3 -
9 hatmoza 40-23 .635 9 3 1 - 2 3 -
10 PAOerfulone 39-24 .619 4 2 - 1 1 1 -
11 burninmylight 38-25 .603 5 2 - - 2 3 -
12 noname2200 37-26 .587 7 1 1 - - 3 -
13 LudicrousSpeed 26-37 .413 4 1 - 1 - 2 -

Looking ahead to week 5, it's an easy slate of games, so picks might be even more similar than they have been in week 4. SNF's Vikings vs. Seahawks bout forces me to flex the bonus point game once again, so the Colts will be the difference maker for yet another week. Their game against the Browns provides the best combination of toss-up game and quality teams while not bringing any uncertainty of the unwelcome kind to the table, which Bills vs. Titans is doing with all the COVID cases of the latter.

Last edited by RolStoppable - on 06 October 2020

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

I'll take Tampa Bay on Thursday

Took a risk with the Lions and in a step to inch a bit closer to the leaders and backfired. Brees decided not to throw like an old man all of a sudden.

The Browns are gonna take on arguable the best two defenses in the next two weeks, Colts and Steelers. If they can at least get one of those wins we are talking Browns Playoffs because aside of the Ravens, they have a very easy second half schedule of games.

It seems like Washington is there every time a team has a very bad game to uplift opposing teams moral. They were their for the Ravens after their big loss. NYG are gonna do the same for the Cowboys. I expect a turn-around from Dallas soon and that they take the division eventually. They still stink though.

I'll take TB over CHI btw

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network
PHI-PIT 2 ARI-NYJ 1 LV-KC 2 JAX-HOU 1
IND-CLE 1 DEN-NE 2 MIN-SEA 2 LAC-NO 1

Hardware Comparison Threads:

PlayStation 4/Xbox One/Nintendo Switch: 2019 vs. 2020
(https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/241660/ps4xbons-2019-vs-2020/1/)

I pick the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on TNF.

Only four weeks in and I already have to admit that Brady still has it despite a couple of pick-sixes. The Bucs might even shape up so good that they'll be in every conversation regarding who will be the NFC's top seed in the playoffs.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

sethnintendo said:
hatmoza said:
Holy fucking shit Clevelnd

Finally something to be almost proud of coming from Ohio.  We haven't felt this good since the Wright brothers.

Yeah, it's not like a professional team in Cleveland won a major sports title in the last five years or anything...

Before I forget, I'll take the Bears tomorrow night.

PHI-PIT 2 ARI-NYJ 1 LV-KC 2 JAX-HOU 2
IND-CLE 2 DEN-NE 2 MIN-SEA 2 LAC-NO 2