By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2020: Seahawks win in Philadelphia

The Ravens are starting to show signs of life.

Hardware Comparison Threads:

PlayStation 4/Xbox One/Nintendo Switch: 2019 vs. 2020
(https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/241660/ps4xbons-2019-vs-2020/1/)

Around the Network

Aaand, that's the game.

Hardware Comparison Threads:

PlayStation 4/Xbox One/Nintendo Switch: 2019 vs. 2020
(https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/241660/ps4xbons-2019-vs-2020/1/)

Well I was way off on my Monday Night Football pick. I picked the Ravens to win because they played better against the Texans then the Chiefs did, plus the Chiefs didn't look good against the Chargers last week.

ANNOUNCEMENT - Week 3 Results and Standings

View the spreadsheet with all collected data here. Check your own statlines and let me know if there are any mistakes.

Week 3 proved to be difficult, so even the best performers in the prediction league couldn't attain great records. Still, we had nine players go positive while only four finished with a negative record. There were also nine players who correctly picked Green Bay to win on SNF.

# Username Record PP
1 castor 11-5 4
1 Chris Hu 11-5 5
1 hatmoza 11-5 5
2 Angelus 10-6 2
2 Farsala 10-6 3
2 sethnintendo 10-6 3
3 burninmylight 9-7 1
3 Level1Death 9-7 2
3 RolStoppable 9-7 2
4 noname2200 7-9 1
4 Shaunodon 7-9 1
5 LudicrousSpeed 6-10 1
5 PAOerfulone 6-10 -

Yet another week with a new leader: This time it's Chris Hu who claims sole possession of first place. The biggest position gains go to castor, hatmoza and burninmylight, each one of them up 2 compared to last week. The most pronounced drop is seen by last week's leader, Shaunodon, down 4.

# Username Record Pct. PP #1-3 #1 #2 #3 BP PW
1 Chris Hu 35-13 .729 9 3 1 1 1 2 -
2 RolStoppable 34-14 .708 9 3 1 - 2 3 -
3 Farsala 34-14 .708 9 2 1 1 - 3 -
4 sethnintendo 34-14 .708 7 3 - 2 1 2 -
5 Shaunodon 33-15 .688 9 2 1 1 - 3 -
6 Angelus 33-15 .688 5 2 - 2 - 1 -
7 Level1Death 32-16 .667 6 2 - 1 1 3 -
8 castor 31-17 .646 6 1 1 - - 2 -
9 hatmoza 30-18 .625 7 2 1 - 1 2 -
10 burninmylight 28-20 .583 3 1 - - 1 2 -
11 PAOerfulone 28-20 .583 2 1 - - 1 1 -
12 LudicrousSpeed 26-22 .542 4 1 - 1 - 2 -
13 noname2200 25-23 .521 2 - - - - 2 -

Looking ahead to week 4, we have another fairly challenging slate of games. Philadelphia's subpar play this season makes SNF too much of a foregone conclusion, so the bonus point for a certain correct pick this week has been flexed to the Pittsburgh vs. Tennessee game. Both teams are still undefeated and both of them are known not to be reliable in recent years.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

Guys. It is possible that I am not very good at this.

Around the Network

The news is that three players and five members of the personnel of the Titans tested positive for COVID-19 which will result in (very) limited practice activities this week. Might be for the best to decide on a different game for the bonus point in the prediction league. These are the best choices:

Vikings vs. Texans - Two winless teams that are trying to get their season back on track before it's too late. High level of desperation.

Jaguars vs. Bengals - Which of these two teams is the worse one?

Colts vs. Bears - Both combine for a 5-1 record, but who is the real deal?

Bills vs. Raiders - Two playoff contenders that have been off to a good start.

Patriots vs. Chiefs - Would have been an easy choice if this was still the Tom Brady era in New England. After the Chiefs showed off on MNF, this will probably be a clean "2" column in the spreadsheet.

Comment on which of these games is your personal favorite. I'll decide on Friday what we'll go with. If there's not much input, I might just go with the most divisive game based on the picks that have come in.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

It was only a matter of time before corona spread to one of the teams. I'm sure they can contain and isolate the cases away from other teammates and personnel with a series of testing of quarantine measures. The teams should be ready to play. Worst case scenario rescheduling of games involving MIN and TEN and the teams who played them this passing week.
And a big fuck you to all the NFL team staff members who were refusing to wear masks the early weeks of the season.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

RolStoppable said:

The news is that three players and five members of the personnel of the Titans tested positive for COVID-19 which will result in (very) limited practice activities this week. Might be for the best to decide on a different game for the bonus point in the prediction league. These are the best choices:

Vikings vs. Texans - Two winless teams that are trying to get their season back on track before it's too late. High level of desperation.

Patriots vs. Chiefs - Would have been an easy choice if this was still the Tom Brady era in New England. After the Chiefs showed off on MNF, this will probably be a clean "2" column in the spreadsheet.

Comment on which of these games is your personal favorite. I'll decide on Friday what we'll go with. If there's not much input, I might just go with the most divisive game based on the picks that have come in.

Browns and Cowboys of course.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

RolStoppable said:

Colts and Bears would be my vote. Although I'm morbidly curious to see if the Bills or the Raiders are more illusory.

RolStoppable said:
DEN-NYJ 1 BAL-WAS 1 PIT-TEN 2 LAC-TB 2
SEA-MIA 1 MIN-HOU 2 NO-DET 2 CLE-DAL 2
JAX-CIN 2 IND-CHI 1 ARI-CAR 1 NYG-LAR 2
BUF-LV 1 NE-KC 2 PHI-SF 2 ATL-GB 2

If The Jets are ever going to get a win, this is this chance against a beat-up Denver team. I think Denver is starting a different QB too

CIN is in the same position as Jets. Except I have more faith in them winning this week. CIN schedule is brutal after this

There are rumors of the PIT TEN game being rescheduled due to the positive corona virus cases across the NFL. I have TEN over PIT this week but depending on which players on TEN got the virus, and depending on if the game is played as scheduled, I may switch my pick.

Upset alert this week? NO to DET