By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2020: Week 12 Gameday

Snoopy said:
HOW ABOUT DEM COWBOYS. WE BACK BOYS.

Congrats on narrowly squeaking by the....25th best? team in the NFL.

Shaunodon said:
PAOerfulone said:
That Goal Line stop on the 2-pt attempt ended up being the difference maker.

Seahawks really dodged a bullet there. Made a game that didn't feel too competetive most of the night look it, and then at the end were really just lucky to get away. What other coach would think it's a good idea to go for a deep pass on 3rd and 1, when another 1st down effectively ends the game.

The same coach who wouldn't feed Beast Mode from the one during the Super Bowl.

Around the Network
noname2200 said:
Snoopy said:
HOW ABOUT DEM COWBOYS. WE BACK BOYS.

Congrats on narrowly squeaking by the....25th best? team in the NFL.

Shaunodon said:

Seahawks really dodged a bullet there. Made a game that didn't feel too competetive most of the night look it, and then at the end were really just lucky to get away. What other coach would think it's a good idea to go for a deep pass on 3rd and 1, when another 1st down effectively ends the game.

The same coach who wouldn't feed Beast Mode from the one during the Super Bowl.

Coming into last night, teams that scored at least 39 points without committing a turnover were 440-0. Undefeated since they first started tracking turnovers in 1933. Falcons made history.....

again lol

PAOerfulone said:
RolStoppable said:

The Cowboys suck, looking likely to have been the only thing that ruined my perfect week in the prediction league. Or rather, the Falcons suck. Giving a game away like that.

12 of 13 people in the prediction league had picked the Seahawks for SNF. I had expected a more even split between Patriots and Seahawks picks, but I suppose people are too aware of the typical Seahawks luck that allows them to pull out wins even in games where the odds begin to be stacked against them.

If the Patriots had drawn up a play for Edelman like they should have, I could have won my upset prediction. But nope, Cam wanted to do it himself and the Seahawks saw it coming a mile away.

Oh well.

The Patriots should have called their final timeout a lot sooner they could have had two chances at taking the lead instead of just one.  

hatmoza said:
Just to get an idea, I watch highlights for games I missed, and I might switch my vote against the Steelers. Ben Roethlisberger looks like shit! I took everyone's word for it when they said he looked amazing, but no, he looked -again- like... shit!

What games have you been watching?  Because for not having faced an NFL defense in about a year, he's been looking pretty damn good.

Passing
Date Week Tm Opp Result GS Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD Int Rate
2020-09-14 1 PIT @ NYG W 26-16 * 21 32 65.63 229 3 0 117.8
2020-09-20 2 PIT DEN W 26-21 * 29 41 70.73 311 2 1 98.7

540 yards, 5 TD's, only 1 Int, 65.8% completions, and 107.1 passer rating through 2 weeks.  Not sure how much better you expect out of him when after JuJu Smither-Shuster his targets consist of Diontae Johnson, James Washington, Chase Claypool & Eric Ebron.

The Saints missed Michael Thomas today good win by the Raiders.

Around the Network

MNF was great this week. Hard to tell quite where the Raiders are at, but that's what always makes them interesting.

MIA-JAX 2 HOU-PIT 2 CIN-PHI 2 SF-NYG 2
LV-NE 1 TEN-MIN 2 WAS-CLE 2 LAR-BUF 1
CHI-ATL 1 CAR-LAC 2 NYJ-IND 2 DAL-SEA 2
TB-DEN 1 DET-ARI 2 GB-NO 1 KC-BAL 2

Week 3 is a minefield.

ANNOUNCEMENT - Week 2 Results and Standings

View the spreadsheet with all collected data here. Check your own statlines and let me know if there are any mistakes.

Week 2 was surprisingly kind to the prediction league, allowing us to perform even better than during week 1. This probably means that the NFL will throw us curveballs in week 3 with a bunch of upsets. Back to week 2, everyone had a positive record, except for LudicrousSpeed who was let down by his lucky coin. Everyone earned a bonus point for predicting a Seahawks win on SNF, except for PAOerfulone.

# Username Record PP
1 RolStoppable 14-2 5
1 Shaunodon 14-2 5
2 Chris Hu 13-3 3
2 Level1Death 13-3 3
3 hatmoza 12-4 2
3 sethnintendo 12-4 2
4 Angelus 11-5 1
4 castor 11-5 1
4 Farsala 11-5 1
4 noname2200 11-5 1
4 PAOerfulone 11-5 -
5 burninmylight 10-6 1
6 LudicrousSpeed 8-8 1

Moving on to the standings, we have a new leader in Shaunodon. His 26-6 record at the very least ties the previous best through week 2 in nine years of prediction league, if it's not outright the best performance we've had in almost one decade of history. The biggest position gains this week were seen by Chris Hu and myself, both up 4 spots in comparison to the week before. LudicrousSpeed suffered the biggest drop, down 6. Due to the revised bonus point rule this season, every player has already managed to collect at least one prediction point (PP) through week 2. Ten players have recorded at least one top 3 finish so far, of which four managed to do it twice already.

# Username Record Pct. PP #1-3 #1 #2 #3 BP PW
1 Shaunodon 26-6 .813 8 2 1 1 - 2 -
2 RolStoppable 25-7 .781 7 2 1 - 1 2 -
3 Farsala 24-8 .750 6 1 1 - - 2 -
4 Chris Hu 24-8 .750 4 2 - 1 1 1 -
4 sethnintendo 24-8 .750 4 2 - 1 1 1 -
6 Level1Death 23-9 .719 4 1 - 1 - 2 -
7 Angelus 23-9 .719 3 1 - 1 - 1 -
8 PAOerfulone 22-10 .688 2 1 - - 1 1 -
9 LudicrousSpeed 20-12 .625 3 1 - 1 - 1 -
10 castor 20-12 .625 2 - - - - 2 -
11 hatmoza 19-13 .594 2 1 - - 1 1 -
12 burninmylight 19-13 .594 2 - - - - 2 -
13 noname2200 18-14 .563 1 - - - - 1 -

Looking ahead to week 3, the slate of games is comfortably the most difficult one to predict out of the first three weeks. The toss-up games include the meetings of last year's number 1 and 2 seeds in both conferences. This week the bonus point for a specific correct pick will once again be for SNF. The Saints have suffered a setback against the Raiders, but they have a reasonable chance to bounce back in a home game against an inconsistent Packers defense. Green Bay has impressed this season despite the aforementioned on and off defense; the team from Wisconsin scored more than 40 points in both games. This should be a shootout.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

Only thing worse than my luck this week was the Broncos injury luck, holy fucking shit.

The coin picks Tennessee this week.

LudicrousSpeed said:
Only thing worse than my luck this week was the Broncos injury luck, holy fucking shit.

The coin picks Tennessee this week.

On Sunday?