By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2020: Tampa Bay Buccaneers win Super Bowl LV

RolStoppable said:
HOU-KC 2 PHI-WAS 1 MIA-NE 2 GB-MIN 1
IND-JAX 2 CHI-DET 2 LV-CAR 1 NYJ-BUF 2
CLE-BAL 2 SEA-ATL 1 LAC-CIN 1 ARI-SF 2
TB-NO 2 DAL-LAR 2 PIT-NYG 1 TEN-DEN 1

Around the Network

Category #1 #2 #3 #4
AFC East BUF NE NYJ MIA
AFC North PIT BAL CLE CIN
AFC South HOU TEN IND JAC
AFC West KC LV LAC DEN
NFC East DAL PHI NYG WAS
NFC North GB MIN CHI DET
NFC South TB NO ATL CAR
NFC West LAR SEA SF ARI
#1 Draft Pick WAS - - -
AFC Division Winners KC PIT HOU BUF
AFC Wild-Card Teams BAL TEN CLE -
NFC Division Winners TB GB LAR DAL
NFC Wild-Card Teams SEA NO MIN -
AFC Divisional Playoffs KC PIT HOU BAL
NFC Divisional Playoffs TB GB NO SEA
AFC Championship Game PIT BAL - -
NFC Championship Game TB GB - -
Super Bowl LV TB PIT - -
Super Bowl Winner TB - - -

HOU-KC 2 PHI-WAS 1 MIA-NE 2 GB-MIN 1
IND-JAX 1 CHI-DET 1 LV-CAR 1 NYJ-BUF 2
CLE-BAL 2 SEA-ATL 1 LAC-CIN 1 ARI-SF 2
TB-NO 1 DAL-LAR 2 PIT-NYG 1 TEN-DEN 1

I just got both these lists out at the last minute and haven't read all the rules yet. Please let me know if I need to fix anything.

RolStoppable said:
Shaunodon said:

I just got both these lists out at the last minute and haven't read all the rules yet. Please let me know if I need to fix anything.

2. You enter 1, 2 or T (for a tie if you are crazy enough to predict one) to make your picks. Getting the SNF game correct yields a small bonus, so it's worth giving that one an extra thought. This week it's Cowboys vs. Rams.

Alright, thanks. I'll definitely give this extra consideration. Cowboys-Rams was actually the hardest game to pick this week, as I expect both to have bounce back seasons.

KC offense still looks incredibly good. I can't help but root for Mahomes. He's so good.

I'm just happy football is back.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network

Seems like the Chiefs' offense added the one thing they didn't have these past few years.

A running game.

RolStoppable said:
24-7 for the Chiefs early in the third quarter. That's a three score difference, so I'll take sleep over whatever is left to happen.

Last time these teams met, Texans couldn't hold a three score lead for a half. Unlikely they'll run one down in that time.

I think you've earned a rest.

The Offensive Linemen were the difference on this one. On both sides.
Houston's O-line just couldn't get it together as the Chief's D-line was getting to Watson seemingly at will. On the flip side, Mahomes doesn't have a single scratch on him.

I'm honestly starting to believe that there is no defense that can stop KC from scoring less than 3 touchdowns a game. This offense is insane. Out of curiosity I checked their last season scores and they only had one game they scored less than 3 touchdowns. I kind of want them to go undefeated in the regular season. I'm looking at their schedule and Baltimore may be the only team that has a defense that can potentially stop the TD machine. I see a few strong offensive teams on the schedule, but when KC can effortlessly drop 30 points a game, a good offensive team is still not guaranteed to win against them. They have the power and speed to run away with the game, and the ability to comeback if they are in the hole.

His name escapes me, but there was a linebacker with Houston that was let go. Who's genius decision was it them go? They were definitely missing him.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

hatmoza said:

His name escapes me, but there was a linebacker with Houston that was let go. Who's genius decision was it them go? They were definitely missing him.

Bill O'Brian. He's not a terrible coach per se, demonstrably, but some of his decisions as GM are odd, to say the least. He seems to act as much from personal dislikes as anything...