Forums - General Discussion - What's morally acceptable to you?

Sex between teenagers: 38%

The fact this percent is so low really show how obsolete Ameticans are...

2020 predictions: NSW 25m, PS5 6m, XSX 4.5m, PS4 9m, XB1 3m

In December 2019 i predicted 21m Switch, but that was before COVID, obvius increased my predictions.

Around the Network

I wish I'd had sex as a teenager. I wanted to, but never managed it.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Pyro as Bill said:
OhNoYouDont said:

That's a highly controversial statement, but I was not talking about babies as I used the term fetus...so I really have no idea why you brought up babies at all. On the off chance that you are confused and referring to a 1 day old fetus as conscious, then you are in dire need of some education.

"The preterm infant, ex utero, may open its eyes and establish minimal eye contact with its mother. It also shows avoidance reactions to harmful stimuli. However, the thalamocortical connections are not yet fully established, which is why it can only reach a minimal level of consciousness."

source: https://www.nature.com/articles/pr200950

"consciousness with its highly elaborate content, begins to be in place between the 24th and 28th week of gestation. Roughly two months later synchrony of the electroencephalographic (EEG) rhythm across both cortical hemispheres signals the onset of global neuronal integration. Thus, many of the circuit elements necessary for consciousness are in place by the third trimester. By this time, preterm infants can survive outside the womb under proper medical care."

source: https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/when-does-consciousness-arise/

I said a minus one day old baby ie a 9 month old fetus or a child the day/hour before it's born.

"minimal level of consciousness" still equals consciousness

No such thing as a negative 1 day old baby. That's a fetus. 

Minimal consciousness is the step directly above persistent vegetative state which is why it's important at all. 92% of abortions take place within the first 13 weeks of pregnancy, long before any semblance of consciousness (even minimal). Only 1.2% occur after 21 weeks.

https://www.plannedparenthood.org/files/5113/9611/5527/Abortion_After_first_trimester.pdf

Nobody has even suggested that we should allow abortion after consciousness has begun so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make?

Another question for this thread: Is it wrong to own a Stadia?

John2290 said:
For all the people saying Human Cloning is immoral, please tell me why. It's the intent in which the cloning is used, right? Like, I can't see any downside to cloning yourself and especially if your clone is brain dead with no memory which you could use or parts. No body is getting hurt.

People fear what they don't understand. Same with GMOs.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
Jaicee said:

Another question for this thread: Is it wrong to own a Stadia?

It's completely immoral, yes. Of all the issues listed in the OP, only this is objectively evil.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.