By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - VGChartz Moderator Evaluation Survey August 2020

CGI-Quality said:

We're not turning this into a thread about the closure of the moderator thread. We know some people don't agree with its closure and that's fine (as with the previous, people didn't agree then either). They don't have to. 

Now that the evaluation survey on Surveymonkey has closed, is it okay to ask if there have been any suggestions for improvement that have tangible value?



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
CGI-Quality said:

We're not turning this into a thread about the closure of the moderator thread. We know some people don't agree with its closure and that's fine (as with the previous, people didn't agree then either). They don't have to. 

Now that the evaluation survey on Surveymonkey has closed, is it okay to ask if there have been any suggestions for improvement that have tangible value?

There have been, yes. 



                                                                                                                                                           

the one that suggested don't make Rol mod was very very valuable



 "I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

CGI-Quality said:

We know some people don't agree with The Moderator Thread's closure and that's fine (as with the previous, people didn't agree then either). They don't have to. 

But, @RolStoppable 

You tend to push conspiracy theories and this often leads to further issues we face. I get the idea of "sticking it to the man", but it does more harm than good and that is a problem. I generally don't entertain it because there are much bigger things to deal with that mods (and admins) have to deal with, but sometimes, it just gets to be too much and you know this. Plus, this idea that the head mod "works on his own" is considerably false, but like I said, I generally try not to entertain conspiracy theories.

So, simply put, not everything is a "conspiracy" and we're not going to turn this into a "why The Moderator Thread was closed". That isn't to say that you cannot inquire (though what was said in that thread covers just about everything), but not in here.

What I said is that you have the urge to control absolutely everything and it will be hard to argue otherwise when you first didn't maintain a head mod trifecta (no promotion for any mod to fill the empty head mod spot that Miguel left) and later on demoted the remaining head mod to make yourself the sole head mod.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

RolStoppable said:
CGI-Quality said:

We know some people don't agree with The Moderator Thread's closure and that's fine (as with the previous, people didn't agree then either). They don't have to. 

But, @RolStoppable 

You tend to push conspiracy theories and this often leads to further issues we face. I get the idea of "sticking it to the man", but it does more harm than good and that is a problem. I generally don't entertain it because there are much bigger things to deal with that mods (and admins) have to deal with, but sometimes, it just gets to be too much and you know this. Plus, this idea that the head mod "works on his own" is considerably false, but like I said, I generally try not to entertain conspiracy theories.

So, simply put, not everything is a "conspiracy" and we're not going to turn this into a "why The Moderator Thread was closed". That isn't to say that you cannot inquire (though what was said in that thread covers just about everything), but not in here.

What I said is that you have the urge to control absolutely everything and it will be hard to argue otherwise when you first didn't maintain a head mod trifecta (no promotion for any mod to fill the empty head mod spot that Miguel left) and later on demoted the remaining head mod to make yourself the sole head mod.

He didn't demote me, I stepped down for reasons unrelated to VGChartz.



Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
CGI-Quality said:

We know some people don't agree with The Moderator Thread's closure and that's fine (as with the previous, people didn't agree then either). They don't have to. 

But, @RolStoppable 

You tend to push conspiracy theories and this often leads to further issues we face. I get the idea of "sticking it to the man", but it does more harm than good and that is a problem. I generally don't entertain it because there are much bigger things to deal with that mods (and admins) have to deal with, but sometimes, it just gets to be too much and you know this. Plus, this idea that the head mod "works on his own" is considerably false, but like I said, I generally try not to entertain conspiracy theories.

So, simply put, not everything is a "conspiracy" and we're not going to turn this into a "why The Moderator Thread was closed". That isn't to say that you cannot inquire (though what was said in that thread covers just about everything), but not in here.

What I said is that you have the urge to control absolutely everything and it will be hard to argue otherwise when you first didn't maintain a head mod trifecta (no promotion for any mod to fill the empty head mod spot that Miguel left) and later on demoted the remaining head mod to make yourself the sole head mod.

A few blatant lies that need correcting...

A) When Miguel left, Ryuu and I were both Head Mods. Ryuu had some stuff happen in that time (away from VGC) and needed to step down (we even had a thread that highlighted this change) - ironically, one of the only moderator threads that you didn't participate in.
B) The closure of The Moderator Thread was 100% a team decision 

So I'm going to put this nicely, stop letting your conspiracies run wild. And yes, I'm stepping it up to a warning now. 

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 15 August 2020

                                                                                                                                                           

Ryuu96 said:
RolStoppable said:

What I said is that you have the urge to control absolutely everything and it will be hard to argue otherwise when you first didn't maintain a head mod trifecta (no promotion for any mod to fill the empty head mod spot that Miguel left) and later on demoted the remaining head mod to make yourself the sole head mod.

He didn't demote me, I stepped down for reasons unrelated to VGChartz.

Alright, then that part needs to be amended to "didn't fill the second empty spot when it opened up either." Makes it an entirely passive approach, rather than the initially claimed combination of passive and active.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

i suggest making me moderator with the only job keeping the mod thread up to date, banning and warning users who have any remarks or questions regarding the law enforcement on this website. Will save you guys alot of hassle and annoyance, it will make others happy that a mod thread is available where they can bring up their concerns.
and i get to ban rol
100% succes



 "I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

CGI-Quality said:
RolStoppable said:

What I said is that you have the urge to control absolutely everything and it will be hard to argue otherwise when you first didn't maintain a head mod trifecta (no promotion for any mod to fill the empty head mod spot that Miguel left) and later on demoted the remaining head mod to make yourself the sole head mod.

A few blatant lies that need correcting...

A) When Miguel left, Ryuu and I were both Head Mods. Ryuu had some stuff happen in that time (away from VGC) and needed to step down (we even had a thread that highlighted this change) - ironically, one of the only moderator threads that you didn't participate in.
B) The closure of The Moderator Thread was 100% a team decision 

So I'm going to put this nicely, stop letting your conspiracies run wild. And yes, I'm stepping it up to a warning now. 

Already addressed the misunderstanding in my response to Ryuu.

The subsequent question is why there was no need for a second and third head moderator anymore. I won't speculate on it, because you said I shouldn't. Straight-forward question that can be expanded to will we see a return of a second or even third head moderator in the foreseeable future.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

RolStoppable said:
CGI-Quality said:

A few blatant lies that need correcting...

A) When Miguel left, Ryuu and I were both Head Mods. Ryuu had some stuff happen in that time (away from VGC) and needed to step down (we even had a thread that highlighted this change) - ironically, one of the only moderator threads that you didn't participate in.
B) The closure of The Moderator Thread was 100% a team decision 

So I'm going to put this nicely, stop letting your conspiracies run wild. And yes, I'm stepping it up to a warning now. 

Already addressed the misunderstanding in my response to Ryuu.

The subsequent question is why there was no need for a second and third head moderator anymore. I won't speculate on it, because you said I shouldn't. Straight-forward question that can be expanded to will we see a return of a second or even third head moderator in the foreseeable future.

There will always be additions and changes to how we run things, but there definitely should be no fear of a rampant dictatorship. Everyone won't like/or agree with me and many of the mods, but we're still going to respect the ideals of the site.