By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fall Guys Is Amazing! (Now the most downloaded PS Plus game of all time!)

John2290 said:
COKTOE said:

You guys are harsh. Finally tried it. To me it plays fine. I wasn't surprised by what I experienced either. It felt almost exactly as I thought it would based on the footage I saw. I'm guessing the floatiness is something you guys don't like? I never experienced any inconsistency with the jumping, but I'll keep an eye out for it.

Played only a little bit, getting KO'd in the 3 round in a game where the floor tiles disappear. I had no idea what the f*** was going on. Kinda missed the instructions.

The floatiness and the feeling of not having control for long periods of time if you get caught in a mospit. It's extremely frustrating but i've given it a few more games with a push for deep breaths and some patience and while I still think it's mildly annoying and slightly unfair, it can be a bit fun for 15 minutes at a time. 

Even though my first impressions were more positive than yours, I don't think it's a game I'll be playing for long stretches either.

Last edited by COKTOE - on 11 August 2020

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network

PC version already being ruined by cheaters. Scumbags.

https://www.techradar.com/news/fall-guys-hackers-are-ruining-the-game-for-everyone-and-they-still-cant-win

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Does anyone actually enjoy the tag game modes? They're so finicky and random. Hexagone is the best mode by far while I groan every time the final round is tag.

TallSilhouette said:
Does anyone actually enjoy the tag game modes? They're so finicky and random. Hexagone is the best mode by far while I groan every time the final round is tag.

Tail Tag is terrible. These types of games almost never work, why is it 2 minutes of nonsense when only the last 30 seconds or so actually matter, might as well go make a coffee and then come back.

team tail tag is tolerable, FFA is bad, tail tag in the final round is god awful.

Dizzy Height - 5/5
Hit Parade - 5/5
Door Dash - 5/5
Gate Crash - 5/5
Whirlygig - 5/5
Slime Climb - 5/5
Jump Club - 5/5
Rock N Roll - 5/5
Block Party - 5/5
Hex-A-Gone - 5/5
Roll Out - 4/5
Fall Mountain - 4/5
Egg Scramble - 4/5
Fruit Chute - 4/5
Fall Ball - 3/5
Tip Toe - 3/5
Hoopsey Daisy - 3/5
Hoarders - 3/5
Team Tail Tag - 2/5
Seesaw - 2/5
Tail Tag - 1/5
Perfect Match - 1/5 (Very rare anyone actually dies)
Royal Fumble - 0/5  (this type of skillless minigame should never be the final round)

Jinx - Haven't played this one

Basically I just really like the FFA races with 30-60 people in them. xD

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

I hate Hex A Gone on the final round, I always manage to stay on the top platform a long time, then fall like 4 levels at once and lose because of people down on the other levels removing everything in my falling path.

The first half of Hexagone is about greed and zoning, not conservation. I deliberately skip the first full level so I can get a head start on carving up the next one and dictating my path. Don't forget about what's below you so you don't fall multiple levels and zone out prematurely. Sometimes you have to cut a level short to make sure you end up with good real estate on the next one. If you see a rival, sprint to cut off their area. Once you have a nice zone all to yourself you can take your time hopping and making it last. Hex has the most depth and strategy by far to me so it's frustrating that it's the mode I get to play the least (even among the finals).

My favourite is the slime climb. Its challenging and eliminate almost everyone but I qualify almost every time

COKTOE said:

PC version already being ruined by cheaters. Scumbags.

https://www.techradar.com/news/fall-guys-hackers-are-ruining-the-game-for-everyone-and-they-still-cant-win

Another reason why PC gaming stinks. :D

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

Hiku said:

Door Dash is a problem.

I think it is the only stage in the game that's essentially entirely rng.
They've made it so that you have to jump through each door (unlike in Gate Crash) which leads to more chaos, and the final stretch can often times be pointless for you, since there are no obstacles there that would allow you to catch up to people that mess up that last bit, unlike every other race stage.

This is a big issue when you play with friends. We very commonly get Door Dash as our first stage, but someone almost always gets eliminated right away. It doesn't feel right to have someone spectate what could be 20 minutes because of nothing but rng at the very first round, so we decided if that happens, the rest of us will quit, and we'll restart together again.

We ended up having to do that a lot. One time we got it as our first stage 3 times in a row, and had to restart 3 times in a row.
And as if that wasn't bad enough, only the person that got eliminated gets any exp. Not the ones that exit manually.

I'd really like them to add something to it that's at least a little skill reliant. Some rotating objects on the final stretch or something.
Otherwise I'd rather not have to play it at all. It's not that it's boring, I just don't like that it feels like a coin flip at the start of the match.

What's rng?

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

I really need this game on any other platform, I dont have my ps4 anymore and it looks so fun