Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fall Guys Is Amazing! (Now the most downloaded PS Plus game of all time!)

Yeah, this is the first 'battle royale' type game I've given any attention to, but I don't think it should be grouped with other games of that genre(?).

It's mostly just a stupid fun game not meant to be taken too seriously, with a simple pick-up-and-play approach focused on putting you immediately in the action, quick turnover between games, and a lot of RNG mechanics meant to create chaos and kinda even the playing field. All these qualities remind me a lot of Mario Kart and why that's so addictive and fun.

Hopefully this game keeps a steady player base past the first season, cause I can see myself coming back often enough, just to have a break from other stuff.

Around the Network

Fall Guys is now the most downloaded PS Plus game of all time!:

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/08/fall_guys_is_officially_the_most_downloaded_ps_plus_game_of_all_time

Updated thread title

Shaunodon said:

Yeah, this is the first 'battle royale' type game I've given any attention to, but I don't think it should be grouped with other games of that genre(?).

battle royal multiplayer can be used for a plethora of genres, not just fps where it was first introduced

apart from Fall Guys, there is Tetris 99 on the Switch and next month a Bomberman BR game will release on Stadia

Yep I have been playing it everyday, very fun.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Ok this is a must watch.

Spoiler!
Everyone deliberately losing their team match to get the cheater eliminated

is the kind of team work I like to see.

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
Yep I have been playing it everyday, very fun.

Great.

Lafiel said:
Shaunodon said:

battle royal multiplayer can be used for a plethora of genres, not just fps where it was first introduced

apart from Fall Guys, there is Tetris 99 on the Switch and next month a Bomberman BR game will release on Stadia

This and Tetris 99 are the two battle royale I like 

And just imagine released on All plataforms ( + Xbox and Switch) 

I am seeing on Twitter that estimates are up to 21 million players on PS4. Awesome player engagement this month for this game. Kudos to Sony for this partnership, very smart move!

Blood_Tears said:
I am seeing on Twitter that estimates are up to 21 million players on PS4. Awesome player engagement this month for this game. Kudos to Sony for this partnership, very smart move!

I don't like games attached to services. On the Fall Guys, bought on Steam. In the case of Tetris 99, I bought the cartridge version. 

The game has the potential to sell 20M+. Sony could win millions on royalties fees