Forums - Sony Discussion - (CONFIRMED) Sony State of Play August 6th - No Big PS5 news

How do you grade SOP August 6th 2020?

Thank God they advised to... 9 24.32%

Lot`s of gameplay/10 3 8.11%

7+ (Very good) 5 13.51%

3 - (Very bad) 9 24.32%

4 to 6 (Lukewarm) 11 29.73%

Total:37

Y'all know that there's gonna be another show to focus on PS5, right? Like, they said outright this was not about PS5, so why are some people still acting like this somehow offended them.

It was a better show than the Xbox Series X show because it actually had a LOT of gameplay. Stuff like The Pathless I likely would have ignored had we not seen so much gameplay of it. Godfall looks gorgeous but kinda dull (But likely a good co-op game, so I might pick it up anyway).

Around the Network

I'm glad Sony tempered expectations lol. I'd rate it 4/5 out of 10 with that taken into consideration.

I felt like this event could have been shorter especially with the lack of bigger third parties. I was hoping to see an update on RE8, Deathloop & Returnal. Not too many games appealed to me outside of Crash 4. Surprisingly, Bugsnax looks a lot darker in tone, and looks to be pretty creative gameplay wise. Hood: Outlaw and Legends looks promising as well.

loy310 said:
It was ok, poor taste lowering the hype bar before fully revealing the PS5, then switching focus to PS4. I get you got over 100 million PS4s out there but this was a poorly timed SoP.

I guess Ghost of Tsushima was poorly timed as well then.

They should have just showed hitman 3 vr and skipped the rest. Especially Godfall, that game cramps the ps5 style.

Bandorr said:
BraLoD said:

Agreed, should have inversed this with the PS5 reveal event.

They just changed focus away from PS5 right after changing it to it.

So weird.

Then people would have just complained "It's july what no PS5 news!?!?!?!"

It's August and we still don't have price and release date, they could pass with it well.

Now this was just out of place.

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
Bristow9091 said:

It's actually a very good MMO Pokémon clone, lol

Well if it is MMO then it isn`t really a clone.

I mean, it plays EXACTLY like a Pokémon game except there's tons of other people around you too lol... it's definitely something worth checking out though, if only out of curiosity :P 

I actually thought that SoP was quite decent. It was PS4 focused so not sure what everyone expected.
a more PS5 focused event will be coming.

Cmon are we really giving sony a pass for this i remember microsoft got criticism for their 3rd party showing on their first xbox series x game showing. We seriously can't be bias now

Jannlee48504 said:
Cmon are we really giving sony a pass for this i remember microsoft got criticism for their 3rd party showing on their first xbox series x game showing. We seriously can't be bias now

They aren't getting a pass. They didn't promise a next gen showcase for today, going out of their way to let people know to temper expectations.

Neither did Microsoft with their first showing which was obviously all 3rd party games im just saying be fair all the way around instead of the biased comments for sony