Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is everyone's PS5/Xbox Series X price predictions?

What do you think the next-gen consoles will cost?

PS5 - $500 / XSX - $500 18 60.00%

PS5 - $500 / XSX - $450 1 3.33%

PS5 - $500 / XSX - $400 3 10.00%

PS5 - $450 / XSX - $500 4 13.33%

PS5 - $450 / XSX - $450 1 3.33%

PS5 - $450 / XSX - $400 0 0.00%

PS5 - $400 / XSX - $500 2 6.67%

PS5 - $400 / XSX - $450 1 3.33%

PS5 - $400 / XSX - $400 0 0.00%

Total:30
Bristow9091 said:
hinch said:

Yeah always though that 9 pricing is wierd haha like that £1 would make a difference like .99p. But sadly yeah they kinda set the bar there.

£450 is about my upper limit to what I'm willing to spend on a console, and would imagine most others.

You would have to get in early a lot of scalpers on the trigger as soon as preorders are up xP I'm still in two minds whether to buy now or later.

Honestly, I'm a little scared with how loud my PS4 Pro gets playing some games, and I've still got quite a backlog... think I'll just be shifting to playing my backlog on the PS5, better performance and no jet engine in my living room is a nice enough plus to get one right away lol :P 

Good gravy, clean out that PS4 before it cooks. At least get the vents if you're not going to open it up for a proper cleaning.

Around the Network

PS5 - $449
PS5 Digital - $399
Xbox Series X - $499
Xbox Series S - $299

I think PS5 could potentially be 50$ cheaper than the XSX.
Otherwise PS5 is just 499$ like the XSX.

theDX said:

The average consumer will buy like 9 or 10 full priced games over the entire lifespan of a console. 4 games in the first 5 months is not gonna happen...

With the PS3 don't forget it was also supposed to popularize Blu-ray, so Sony probably expected movie sales as well.

Doesn't sound like very much at all. I'd have that many in less than a year, but they wouldn't be full price. Nor digital if I could help it.

DPsx7 said:
Bristow9091 said:

Honestly, I'm a little scared with how loud my PS4 Pro gets playing some games, and I've still got quite a backlog... think I'll just be shifting to playing my backlog on the PS5, better performance and no jet engine in my living room is a nice enough plus to get one right away lol :P 

Good gravy, clean out that PS4 before it cooks. At least get the vents if you're not going to open it up for a proper cleaning.

I do clean the vents pretty often actually, although I've never opened it up because I don't feel confident enough to do so, even after watching tons of videos on it, lol. It's not every game that makes the noise, the last game I can think of off the top of my head was Ni no Kuni 2 when I played it earlier this year... also just recently finished Resident Evil 2 and the fans did kick in a few times but never a constant thing, and they calmed down after a few minutes and that was it. It also seems to happen quite a bit on Dreams too, lol. It's sort of on a per-game basis... lol.

Bristow9091 said:
DPsx7 said:

I do clean the vents pretty often actually, although I've never opened it up because I don't feel confident enough to do so, even after watching tons of videos on it, lol. It's not every game that makes the noise, the last game I can think of off the top of my head was Ni no Kuni 2 when I played it earlier this year... also just recently finished Resident Evil 2 and the fans did kick in a few times but never a constant thing, and they calmed down after a few minutes and that was it. It also seems to happen quite a bit on Dreams too, lol. It's sort of on a per-game basis... lol.

Different games put different strains on the system. I know exactly what you mean.

I don't have a pro model however in my experience they aren't that complicated. It's not a full teardown, all you really want is better access to the heat sink or the cooling fins. That's where the fuzzballs collect. A few screws, maybe a wire needs to be unplugged if a part doesn't shift far enough to the side.

Around the Network

PS5 - $449
PS5 Digital - $ 399
Series X - $499
Series S - $299

Prediction: In 5 years Nintendo will Lauch a "Core Mario game"  very similar to Astro Bot. That said, many will Ignore Astro Bot existence and say Nintendo created this concept.

Looks like the Series S is $300

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/243270/xbox-series-s-design-leaked-by-brad-sams-300-this-holiday/1/#4

Edit: Nvm, it later got changed to rumour.

Last edited by Captain_Yuri - on 07 September 2020

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                      Anime: Love Live
                              Nsfw Anime Thread                                                                             Join our Anime Threads!
                             Sfw Anime Thread                                                                                VGC Tutorial Thread