By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Eiyuden Chronicle (Suikoden successor) Most successful Japanese Kickstarter game

Yeah i'm sure backing this.

Around the Network

This is crazy,please be succesfull!(as a product)

That art style doe 💦. I get good vibes from this KS. Will buy when it releases.

And the game has sleepy cats just like irl.
Fidelity through the roof/true next gen.

This is awesome. I just made my pledge as well! I can't wait to play it on PS5.

Around the Network

When it gets published into a physical I will be on this like a moth to a lightbulb.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Bristow9091 said:
Leynos said:
When it gets published into a physical I will be on this like a moth to a lightbulb.

Pretty much guaranteed to get a physical release, it's already offered as a backing option

This is great to hear, I'll be running to buy the phyisical provided the game is good.

Hiku said:
Blood_Tears said:
This is awesome. I just made my pledge as well! I can't wait to play it on PS5.

Just to be clear about the console versions because I've seen some confusion about this, the game is offered for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, and Nintendo's next generation system (Switch 2).
If at the time of release there is no such system from Nintendo, then they will either go through the difficult process of downgrading the game to Switch 1, or they will refund backers who wanted it on a Nintendo system.

Wow. Those paragraphs pretty much confirm why developers don't like porting to the Switch. It is simply too expensive/ difficult.

Heh, just clicked on the Kickstarter and saw it is already above $1.5m.  That's a really good sign.  It will be interesting to see how high it gets by the time the Kickstarter ends.  

I kind of think games/series that get discovered later, like this one, are primed to do really well on Kickstarter.  This series was not even on my radar back in the PS1/PS2 days.  It's hard to know how many Suikoden fans are out there, but you can look at the price of buying a used Suikoden 2 to get some indication that the series has a strong following.

Last edited by The_Liquid_Laser - on 28 July 2020

I backed the project, I'm super excited. I pledged 10k yen, thinking about upgrading my pledge later in the project depending on the stretch goals.