Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ubisoft Forward 2020 event thread

Mar1217 said:
Doing my chores with the show in the background was more entertaining in the end.

Btw, Valhalla looks alright from the actual first glimpse we got but you can clearly see they haven't much of the engine they were already using for the last 2 games. Seems like we'll have to wait the middle of the next generation to see some noticeable differences in their games.

Honestly, by concept alone, I think WD Legion we'll be the better of both games.

I'm guessing there will be one more cross-gen AC after this releasing Holiday 2021. Then the 2022 (or 2023 if they take another 1 year break) AC will probably be next-gen only running on a new engine. 

Around the Network

Not sure if this was mentioned but Watch Dogs Legion supports Smart Delivery on Xbox and free upgrade from PS4 to PS5

Source

"Purchase Watch Dogs Legion on PlayStation®4 or Xbox One and upgrade your game to the next-gen version (PlayStation®5 or Xbox Series X) at no additional cost.*"

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                      Anime: Love Live
                              Nsfw Anime Thread                                                                             Join our Anime Threads!
                             Sfw Anime Thread                                                                                VGC Tutorial Thread

The beginning of Farcry 6 had a pirate ship on display and I got SO EXCITED for one of my most anticipated games ever only to be disappointed once again by nothing about Skull and Bones :(

Black Flags was one of my most enjoyable gaming experiences of all time and I really want a proper pirate game (not that individual boring stuff that Sea of Thieves has).

Seriously, did they have to troll us Bones fan with that pirate image?!

Dulfite said:
The beginning of Farcry 6 had a pirate ship on display and I got SO EXCITED for one of my most anticipated games ever only to be disappointed once again by nothing about Skull and Bones :(

Black Flags was one of my most enjoyable gaming experiences of all time and I really want a proper pirate game (not that individual boring stuff that Sea of Thieves has).

My suspicion is that Skull & Bones got delayed to add a sizeable singleplayer camapign and make it fully next-gen. According to Ubisoft it won't release until the financial year from April 2021-March 2022, or possibly even the financial year from April 2022-March 2023. 

shikamaru317 said:
Dulfite said:

My suspicion is that Skull & Bones got delayed to add a sizeable singleplayer camapign and make it fully next-gen. According to Ubisoft it won't release until the financial year from April 2021-March 2022, or possibly even the financial year from April 2022-March 2023. 

Fully gen you mean better than Ass Creed Valhalla? Cause that game looks just as good as Odyssey and I don't need it to look any better. Give me skulls in the Ass engine and launch it this year instead of massive delay! All I need is Ass graphics, the gameplay is what I enjoy!

Around the Network

That was a snoozy. They should have made it quicker and put all the games instead of separating into 2 presentations.

Dulfite said:
shikamaru317 said:

Fully gen you mean better than Ass Creed Valhalla? Cause that game looks just as good as Odyssey and I don't need it to look any better. Give me skulls in the Ass engine and launch it this year instead of massive delay! All I need is Ass graphics, the gameplay is what I enjoy!

Yeah, I think they delayed it to make it PC/PS5/XSX only in order to push the graphics further, and to add a singleplayer campaign, since it was multiplayer PvP and PvE only before. 

Far Cry 6 looks interesting. I'm not a huge fan of this series, except for Blood Dragon, but It's looking promising.

But I would be very happy with a new Rayman...

I liked Odyssey a lot but I dunno but Vallhalla just looks lame.

Last edited by Leynos - on 13 July 2020

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Not sure if I'm still stoked for Valhalla after this.

First, they really tried desperately to portray brutal invaders as desperate explorers. I fear they may go overboard with that glorification.

Second, they barely showed anything about the stealth missions. It seems they are very much focused on active combat with big open battles, which is not what I'm playing AC for.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.