Forums - Gaming Discussion - Far Cry 6 confirmed by Ubisoft after leak, possible Far Cry 3 prequel

Angelus said:
I don't really see why Vaas would need an origin story, but....ok.

This^ looks like another Ubi game I'll grab on sale for dirt cheap. No interest in Vaas' origin in the slightest

Around the Network
NobleTeam360 said:

This^ looks like another Ubi game I'll grab on sale for dirt cheap. No interest in Vaas' origin in the slightest

Iw as interested in him yonks ago, but not now. This is them purely going for the nostalgia factor, in the hopes it'll net them a sales increase. They could have given us an origin story in FC4 or even 5, but it took years for that to even happen and a decline of sales. 

I don't even think they actually care about Vass, I think they know a crowd likes him, and they want to go back and cash in on that. 

Chazore said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Iw as interested in him yonks ago, but not now. This is them purely going for the nostalgia factor, in the hopes it'll net them a sales increase. They could have given us an origin story in FC4 or even 5, but it took years for that to even happen and a decline of sales. 

I don't even think they actually care about Vass, I think they know a crowd likes him, and they want to go back and cash in on that. 

Ah fair enough and agreed on the nostalgia point. 

Chazore said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Far Cry sales aren't down though? Far Cry 3 sold 10m copies in 2 years. Far Cry 4 sales were down compared to Far Cry 3, and it took it 5+ years to pass 10m copies. Far Cry 5 had the biggest launch week in the history of the franchise, doubling Far Cry 4's launch, and then went on to pass 10m copies in 2 years, meaning it is selling at the same pace as Far Cry 3 did lifetime. 

Sales are only down if you get into the spinoff entries. Far Cry: New Dawn sales were down compared to the previous 2 spinoff entries, Blood Dragon and Primal, but that is not so much a problem with the series as it is that people simply didn't want a sequel to Far Cry 5. Besides, Michael Mando hinted that he would play Vaas again before New Dawn even released, Far Cry 6 has been in development for more than 2 years already, so bringing Vaas back, if it even happens, could hardly be considered a reaction to New Dawn's poor sales by Ubisoft.