Forums - Sony Discussion - First look: Box art for upcoming PS5 games (Spider-Man/ Godfall)

Tagged games:

jakemania said:

I too would prefer black case/banner with white logo/text:

Yea, I think this looks a lot better. Maybe a bit too reminiscent of PS2 and PS3 covers, but I'd be fine with that.

But I think the white/blue/black will grow on me, because I don't dislike it. But the white is a bit striking.
Though it's not an eyesore, like green or yellow tends to be for me.

Last edited by Hiku - on 10 July 2020

Around the Network
Jranation said:
sales2099 said:
Sorry if I missed it in the comments, but I realized it doesn’t have “only on PS” in the top right. Is that a typo or are they adopting the PC release route?

It might get released on PSNow. 

That would still qualify as PS would it not? My first thought was Sony going harder on PC releases. 

I understand they had to make it different enough from PS4 but c'mon... The black on white is so tacky and outdated looking. The more I look at this, the more i hate it. Should have have returned to the White on black of the PS3 like someone posted above or hell, try anything new at all. It's the white that bothers me the most, that bar of whiteness is far to dated looking and it's going to lead to, even the best of box art looking terri... Oh, right, they want people to go digital and removing good box art and stamping out collectors desire is a keystone in that. Well, doesn't effect me, I'm all digital since 2016.

China Numba wan!!

It's salvageable if they make the plastic of the boxes transparent clear plastic or something more neutral. I can't even see them stacking well, it's so fucking tacky looking.

China Numba wan!!

the more I look at it the better it looks

Around the Network
Dante9 said:
Machina said:

Perhaps they've just dropped the label for PS5, because they intend to release more of their exclusives on PC (like they're about to do with Horizon: Zero Dawn), and don't want to be accused of false advertising. Obviously too late with Horizon: Zero Dawn, but not for future games.

I think they should still use it, to stand out a little. I mean, it's true at the time of the original release, even if it goes to PC a few years later.

I think even some timed exclusives (that perhaps at the time didn't even had a deal) got the only on playstation label.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Its basically the same as the PS4. Was kinda hoping they would do something different, but I'm ok with this.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

sales2099 said:
Jranation said:

It might get released on PSNow. 

That would still qualify as PS would it not? My first thought was Sony going harder on PC releases. 

The main packaging is most likely not finalised yet. This is just the overall look and colour scheme. But we will know closer to release I suppose.

twintail said:
sales2099 said:

The main packaging is most likely not finalised yet. This is just the overall look and colour scheme. But we will know closer to release I suppose.

That’s fair, makes sense.