By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo “Extend the Life Cycle of the Switch” and talks About Next System!

NSW 2 Will Release in....

2022 4 14.29%

2023 4 14.29%

2024 15 53.57%

2025 5 17.86%

2026+ 0 0%

Total:28

as I and some were saying, Nintendo switch will be here to stay, how long is anyone guess. A new successor before 2023 doesn’t seem likely at all. Anyways....... here is the article

Nintendo’s next game system will bring forward the unique elements and learning experiences of the Switch.

This is a woolly answer, for sure, yet Nintendo isn’t one to showboat. In its 80th Annual General Meeting of Shareholders, an investor suggested that Nintendo should surpass the “limits” of a TV or an external monitor for their next console. Nintendo president Shuntaro Furukawa and director and senior executive officer Ko Shiota replied by praising the Switch, and saying that whatever is next for Nintendo, it would springboard from the successes of this console.

“Our current generation game system, Nintendo Switch, has entered its fourth year since launch, but its momentum is increasing,” stated Furukawa. “We believe there are two factors behind this. First is the existence of two hardware configurations with different characteristics, in Nintendo Switch and Nintendo Switch Lite. The second factor is that Nintendo’s development resources are concentrated on developing content for a single platform, Nintendo Switch. We want to extend the life cycle of Nintendo Switch while maximising such advantages.”

Link https://www.videogamer.com/news/nintendos-next-console-will-utilise-the-unique-elements-of-the-switch

“From the perspective of playing with the image displayed on a TV, we believe that because consumers can play Nintendo Switch on a TV or the game console screen itself, it has greatly increased the opportunities for gameplay in various scenes in their lives, compared to previous consoles,” he explained. “Through Nintendo Switch, we’ve made many discoveries about where a dedicated video game platform can fit into a consumer’s daily life. We see scenes on social media of children and their families sitting around a game console to play, which gives us a renewed sense of the value of our dedicated video game platform. We will utilise these experiences in carefully considering the form our future game consoles will take.”

Around the Network

Extending it also allows for more chance of new features Nvidia comes up with in their tech to be included as well I can see the Switch doing Gameboy numbers at this point.

Other applications besides TV screens and external monitors?!?!?! PLEASE make an augmented reality windshield for cars, Nintendo! Turn driving into a video game fun for the while family!

Score points by performing tricks!
Time trial mode, see how fast YOU can get to work while dodging Pokémon!
Shoot turtle shells at your competition.
Achievements such as: hit 200 kilometres per hour, won 10 consecutive races, and the classic escaped the police.

Also, get The Weeknd to license the game. It will be HUGE!
Blinding Lights, the video game, available for vehicles everywhere!

Nintendo has the opportunity to revolutionize how we drive, Weeknd’s Blinding Lights, transcend all you thought you knew about video gaming with this Augmented Reality experience.

Or they could do another sort of Wii Fit health pack thing.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

I really hope instead of throwing a bunch of gimmicks or oddities into the next platform that Nintendo just keeps it a mostly straightforward follow-up to the Switch. Just give me better specs, a better OS, better online, Switch backwards compatibility, and I'm golden.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

2022 is still my guess. Maybe holiday.
Spring 2023 is the latest I can see it getting release.
I also expect Nvidia to impress us with the advancements in the mobile tech department for the next device, surprising us even more than with the current Switch.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

Please don't name it the Switch U

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Jumpin said:
Other applications besides TV screens and external monitors?!?!?! PLEASE make an augmented reality windshield for cars, Nintendo! Turn driving into a video game fun for the while family!

Score points by performing tricks!
Time trial mode, see how fast YOU can get to work while dodging Pokémon!
Shoot turtle shells at your competition.
Achievements such as: hit 200 kilometres per hour, won 10 consecutive races, and the classic escaped the police.

Also, get The Weeknd to license the game. It will be HUGE!
Blinding Lights, the video game, available for vehicles everywhere!

Nintendo has the opportunity to revolutionize how we drive, Weeknd’s Blinding Lights, transcend all you thought you knew about video gaming with this Augmented Reality experience.

Or they could do another sort of Wii Fit health pack thing.

you are sick, nintendo will never do achievments!

Great to hear the Switch will have an extended life cycle.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

I hope a good Strategy RPG releases for the console, before it gets replaced.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!