By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Some TLOU2 Haters Are Nut Jobs CONFIRMED!

This shouldn't be too out of place I don't think (minus the physical torture)

Around the Network
KratosLives said:
Immersiveunreality said:

Spoiler!

Most people do not have a problem with Joel dieing but with the deliverance,the wrongdoings of Joel in the first game had build up and made you feel for the character that did it while the fireflies were never a perfect organisation and had testsubjects before that failed to deliver a cure(Ellie was not unique), so there was a deeper connection that made his choices more meaningfull for the player,and surely after the whole father/daughter buildup.

This absolutely had almost no buildup and there are so many coincidences and out of character things happening to even get to the point of the brutality that comes too early for letting it feel justified for the story,it felt like the game wanted to cover major plotpoints without much care how to get to them.At the end it was a simple revenge story written badly,even Stephen King his worst books stand miles above what this was imo.

I do not applaud this just being shocking and daring while it comes of as uninspiring and lazy,the only positive about the writing for me personally is that while i disliked most characters by the end i finally started to feel something for Abby and i'm happy she got away cause what would be left without that? Just the terrible Ellie and nothing to return to.

Spoiler!
Joel has done terrible acts of the past, killed innocent,  that he is ashamed off. And the end of the first game didn't resonate well with everyone. And nothing was justified for joel commiting such acts at the end. He did not have to brutally kill everyone. But i guess since the game shows that murder and death is a common thing without much hesitation,  there could be some people who didn;t feel anything by joels actions and the only thing on their mind is ellie and joel. Joel kiling the surgeon was a grave mistake, maybe blame it on the writers, even the death of marlene could be questioned.  I saw no laziness in the writing at all. They had to tie the sequel to the first, and show that actions have consequences. And people expecting joel and ellie to have another duo adventure are kidding themselves and don't truly understand the world of "the last of us". 

Also people act like the first game had no issues, pacing problems.  If i was to nit pick, i can find things wrong with the game. I have been playing the first remastered aswell, and for someone reason find it hard adjusting to the old game. Maybe i should just leave my amazing experience with it in my memories. I never would have thought i would have been applauding naughtydog for how the made abby. I did not expect to like her or have emotions resonate. Even the scenes of joel and ellie were amazing, abby and lev, and watching ellie evolve.I understand some people want another game with ellie and joel, but you just can't do that. This isn't uncharted, Ellie and joel had they're run together. There is no way those two could have surpased what they did without being a basic repeat. This game had to be about Ellie and go in different ways. 

Dude... there were so many spoilers in your posts that were not tagged.  This is not a spoiler topic, and people may come here not having played/completed either the first or the second game.  

Last edited by JWeinCom - on 08 July 2020

JWeinCom said:
KratosLives said:
Spoiler!
Joel has done terrible acts of the past, killed innocent,  that he is ashamed off. And the end of the first game didn't resonate well with everyone. And nothing was justified for joel commiting such acts at the end. He did not have to brutally kill everyone. But i guess since the game shows that murder and death is a common thing without much hesitation,  there could be some people who didn;t feel anything by joels actions and the only thing on their mind is ellie and joel. Joel kiling the surgeon was a grave mistake, maybe blame it on the writers, even the death of marlene could be questioned.  I saw no laziness in the writing at all. They had to tie the sequel to the first, and show that actions have consequences. And people expecting joel and ellie to have another duo adventure are kidding themselves and don't truly understand the world of "the last of us". 

Also people act like the first game had no issues, pacing problems.  If i was to nit pick, i can find things wrong with the game. I have been playing the first remastered aswell, and for someone reason find it hard adjusting to the old game. Maybe i should just leave my amazing experience with it in my memories. I never would have thought i would have been applauding naughtydog for how the made abby. I did not expect to like her or have emotions resonate. Even the scenes of joel and ellie were amazing, abby and lev, and watching ellie evolve.I understand some people want another game with ellie and joel, but you just can't do that. This isn't uncharted, Ellie and joel had they're run together. There is no way those two could have surpased what they did without being a basic repeat. This game had to be about Ellie and go in different ways. 

Dude... there were so many spoilers in your posts that were not tagged.  This is not a spoiler topic, and people may come here not having played/completed either the first or the second game.  

sorry :(   my bad.  

Zoombael said:
KratosLives said:

So you are saying i'm wrong?. State of mind and distractions alters a game experience completely. There are different factors that can heighten and lower the experience. How you approach a game is huge factor.  What i'm saying is the game itself isn't the issue, there is a reason many love it. Those that don't and reacted like joe, is unfortunately on their own doing and the way they chose to play the game and the mindset they went in with in the first place. I loved thed first game, played it multiple times, platinumed it, so how is it  some one like myself can be proud with what the team did on the sequel? I saw no real flaws in the game, everything was done in painstakingly detail and there was a though process behind everything implemented. When all this drama settles, they will look back at this game and time, and as a gem badly misinterpreted. 

You're wrong.

shikamaru317 said:

Almost everybody who read that leak was pissed about the decisions Naughty Dog made, they were no different from the rest. But just because they were initially angry at Naughty Dog after the leak, doesn't make their reviews any less valid. Having watched both reviews myself, you can tell that both played the game all the way through, so their criticism is absolutely valid. Their reviews would have been the same rather the leak happened or not, somebody isn't going to suddenly like writing that was specifically designed to be divisive, leak or no leak.  

Specifially designed to be divisive.

Or do you, @KratosLives, suggest NaughtyDog/Neil Druckmann didn't know what it will lead up to? You're saying they were completely oblivious to the reactions that were bound to happen?

They knew of course, everything in the game was definitely very well designed with a purpose. Drunkmann himself said the game was going to be hated by a lot of people. It is definitely no surprise for the creators that a lot of people didnt like the game, so it should not be a surprise for us.

Some people didnt like the game and its story, there shuld be no problem with it. Still if you dont like it its because you didnt play/are homophobe/transphobe/does not understand art/was not in the right mindset/(insert reason here).

Funny enough, just came back from the hairdresser which happens to be a huge gamer. He told me he stopped after 7 hours. He must probably fit in one of the options above.

Last edited by EnricoPallazzo - on 08 July 2020

I watched the whole review by AngryJoe, plus the discussion video he put up afterwards and there was nothing bigoted in either of those. ResetEra banning AngryJoe is just another case of ResetEra mods acting like imbeciles.

Around the Network
EnricoPallazzo said:
Zoombael said:

You're wrong.

Specifially designed to be divisive.

Or do you, @KratosLives, suggest NaughtyDog/Neil Druckmann didn't know what it will lead up to? You're saying they were completely oblivious to the reactions that were bound to happen?

They knew of course, everything in the game was definitely very well designed with a purpose. Drunkmann himself said the game was going to be hated by a lot of people. It is definitely no surprise for the creators that a lot of people didnt like the game, so it should not be a surprise for us.

Some people didnt like the game and its story, there shuld be no problem with it. Still if you dont like it its because you didnt play/are homophobe/transphobe/does not understand art/was not in the right mindset/(insert reason here).

Funny enough, just came back from the hairdresser which happens to be a huge gamer. He told me he stopped after 7 hours. He must probably fit in one of the options above.

Neil druckmann said that, and new the game will be decisive,  because he knew that there would be people who are bigots, he knew there would be people who just don't get good narrative,  and he knew there would be people, probably a lot that mentally aren't prepared for it. He knew people are attatched to joel and would react negatively and not give the game a fair chance and play with an open mind,  and that there are people who don't really understand who joel is, his past actions to a full extent, and the kind of world they exist in, in context going forward.

I have not read the OP, not any posts in case there are spoilers (I am currently in my first playthrough)

So first the good:
The combat is tense and satisfying
The game looks amazing, the ambiance is great, one of the best looking games out there
The sound track is also amazing

The bad (I'm about halfway through --SPOILERS):
The story is starting to fall a part, I just spent two days in Seattle as Ellie and I went through a flashback to two years before where Ellie and Joel meet back at the hospital where the first game ends, the get there on their horses without any apparent resistance from the new human enemy groups (WLF and the other guys)... That whole section makes no sense, because I just went through the whole city as if I never went back there since the last game, those two factions just sprawled over the last two years, etc. I thought that this pretty lazy.

So far I love the game anyway, I just don't think this section holds up, it felt forced and made the believability weaker--The first game was very consistent.

The discourse surrounding TLoU 2 has been a toxic mess ever since the leaks happened, and I've intentionally stayed away from it all because there's nothing of value to be gained in taking part in it at the moment. Regardless of what your opinion of the game is (and I haven't played it yet so I don't have one), there is going to be at least one subset of people getting angry at you because of it. The most unfortunate aspect of all of this is, besides the harassment of innocent people for idiotic reasons of course, that all the legitimate criticism and thoughtful discourse is going to be buried under an avalanche of mindless, awful drivel from a legion of morons on both sides.

It's going to take some time before any actual decent conversation is going to take place on TLoU 2, and it's all because there are idiots shouting at each other all over the place right now.

I hate the TLOU2, so I guess I automatically must be a racist/sexist/homophobic nutjob! Eh I can live with those titles, they don't somehow devalue my arguments as to why the game's story is a shallow uncreative insult to intelligence.

But yeah your thread title isn't ideal. "Death threat senders are nut jobs" would be more fair and accurate, but as you admit you're going for clickbait which hey at least you're honest about it.

Darashiva said:
The discourse surrounding TLoU 2 has been a toxic mess ever since the leaks happened, and I've intentionally stayed away from it all because there's nothing of value to be gained in taking part in it at the moment. Regardless of what your opinion of the game is (and I haven't played it yet so I don't have one), there is going to be at least one subset of people getting angry at you because of it. The most unfortunate aspect of all of this is, besides the harassment of innocent people for idiotic reasons of course, that all the legitimate criticism and thoughtful discourse is going to be buried under an avalanche of mindless, awful drivel from a legion of morons on both sides.

It's going to take some time before any actual decent conversation is going to take place on TLoU 2, and it's all because there are idiots shouting at each other all over the place right now.

That's forever the case about anything, but likewise you can always have intelligent discussion, just gotta find the right people.

KratosLives said:

Spoiler!

First bolded:I'm aware it did not resonate well with everyone,there is a big difference in understanding why a character does something and agreeing with that action taken and also that happened at the end of the game with building up to it and that is again a big difference.

Second bolded: It felt more justified for HIS character in HIS state of mind with all of the backstory beforehand,again the action in itself is not a justified humane action but fitting in good storywriting.

Third bolded: Does consequences have to mean torture and death and being spit upon by people not known yet and so early in the game,i do think not and this was a bad decision in my opinion cause it even shuts people to be open for Abby her backstory told afterwards by having this happen so early.And does hate always has to be the solution?

Fourth bolded:It could have been all that without being this game but i'm happy you enjoyed it while i keep on working on why i'm wrong for not accepting the perfect views others have.

But what about the gameplay. It;s greatly improved on the first, from the Ai, to the addition dogs, crawling and hiding mechanics, the whistling by the scars.. just playing the game itself tells a story. I know people keep hyping the cutscene narratives, but there is much more than that, same with the first game. By the end of it, i was so satisfied and ready to do another player through. And just like the first game, when you played it once, you know the story, the following play throughs becomes more about the focus on gameplay. And like the first, the immersion in  gameplay is on its own a 10/10 experience

The gameplay is good,do not have anything against that and looks ''objectively'' like around 8/10 on its own(for me,as unbiased does not really exist but we can try to get close to it) even when i never personally enjoyed gameplay like that,i stick a lot of value to characters and story so i count my taste for that in more heavily and i get annoyed by plotholes/flaws a bit faster.

But you do not need mines or anyones approval for loving the game,i do not decide what you need to like and neither do you about others,different people,different experiences,different tastes,and it is just about entertainment.

Understanding is enough.