By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Last of Us Part II sold through more than 4m copies during its first weekend. Lifetime sales expectations for the PS4 version alone?

The Last of Us Part II sold through more than 4m copies during its first weekend. Lifetime sales expectations for the PS4 version alone?

Less than 7 million 120 10.22%

7.0 - 7.9 million 47 4.00%

8.0 - 8.9 million 70 5.96%

9.0 - 9.9 million 77 6.56%

10.0 - 11.9 million 259 22.06%

12.0 - 13.9 million 169 14.40%

14.0 - 15.9 million 177 15.08%

16.0 - 17.9 million 91 7.75%

18.0 - 20.0 million 61 5.20%

More than 20 million 103 8.77%

Total:1,174
zkp said:
How in the hell less than 7 millions got 120 votes?

This game sold above 4 milions in just three days. Come on, GoW did 5 millions in a whole month, and SM around 9 milions in just two months.

Uncharted 4 sold 8.7 or 8.9 milions in 6 months in it's first year.

I don't get it really.
I can imagine that's legs will not be that great because of the divise story (which for me was really great and i respect ND for so big risk)
well, we will see soon probably.

Possible some of those votes are made because people want it to do badly while knowing it will not do that badly.

Around the Network

It's been a month now. Thought about it more.

As a game, it's brilliant to playthrough that first time. Gameplay is tight, the story hits you hard and the surprises come out of nowhere. It's just so... Dark. It's grim. While the original was full of feel good moments despite having it's fair share of tragedy, this one is just wall to wall depression and pain with a little feelgood sprinkled between that first 50% of the game. It seems to last forever and it's a real slog to play through a second time.

With no multiplayer, the game itself being tough to replay, a huge divisive twist and no real happy ending... Legs will probably be cut quite quickly. The inevitable PS5 version will undoubtedly have better legs when it launches with updates and multiplayer, but this one wont have anywhere near the same impact as the original.

4 million, eh? Lovely. Lovely. Well earned.

Carl said:
It's been a month now. Thought about it more.

As a game, it's brilliant to playthrough that first time. Gameplay is tight, the story hits you hard and the surprises come out of nowhere. It's just so... Dark. It's grim. While the original was full of feel good moments despite having it's fair share of tragedy, this one is just wall to wall depression and pain with a little feelgood sprinkled between that first 50% of the game. It seems to last forever and it's a real slog to play through a second time.

With no multiplayer, the game itself being tough to replay, a huge divisive twist and no real happy ending... Legs will probably be cut quite quickly. The inevitable PS5 version will undoubtedly have better legs when it launches with updates and multiplayer, but this one wont have anywhere near the same impact as the original.

Very true, likely the best game I ever had when considered as a full package for a first play, but hard to do a second gameplay without a considerable time between.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."