By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - F1 2020 - Turkish GP

Was a fun race. Merc clearly didn't take well to those soft compounds, particularly in combination with the high tire pressures, and hot temperatures. Great stuff by Max, and RB. Now everyone can stop worrying about Merc winning every race this season lol.

My sympathy to all the Vettel fans out there though.

Around the Network

F1 races go like this

Lewis leading after turn 1: Race over
Anyone else leading after turn 1: Might get interesting

Just came here to say that Ferrari is garbage

Hmm.. Easy, yeah. Not super easy though.

Another tyre situation nearly presented itself.

Ricciardo 4th... Fastest lap and only 3 seconds behind verstappen...

Cyril should be nervous about the tattoo at Monza. Renault straight line speed looking really good.

It's still crazy to me that Lewis is going to break all of Michael's records. I remember watching that domination back in the day as a kid, thinking surely there was no way, in a sport as unpredictable, and ever shifting as F1, that anybody could ever come close to 91 wins and 7 championships again. Yet here we are. Lewis is going to end his career somewhere probably well north of 100 wins, and at least 8 championships, by the looks of things. That's insane.

I wonder if Max will end up dominating the sport the same way once Lewis retires. Max is still so young, and yet already has so much F1 experience under his belt, it's really almost unfair for all his contemporaries.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Angelus said:
It's still crazy to me that Lewis is going to break all of Michael's records. I remember watching that domination back in the day as a kid, thinking surely there was no way, in a sport as unpredictable, and ever shifting as F1, that anybody could ever come close to 91 wins and 7 championships again. Yet here we are. Lewis is going to end his career somewhere probably well north of 100 wins, and at least 8 championships, by the looks of things. That's insane.

I wonder if Max will end up dominating the sport the same way once Lewis retires. Max is still so young, and yet already has so much F1 experience under his belt, it's really almost unfair for all his contemporaries.

It seems like that will depend a lot on the team he drives for. It's certainly possible, but you'd hope things aren't as one-sided in terms of car performance in the future. Without a superior car, it would still be possible, but much less likely.

Of course, that's why these records seemed so untouchable to me in the first place, but Max is quite ideally positioned atm. Whenever Lewis leaves, it's highly likely that Max will be viewed by every team on the grid as the best driver in the field, and he'll probably be able to go race for whatever team he wants for quite some time. If there was ever a driver positioned to have a chance at these types of records, it's probably him.

Much like you though, I'm of course hopeful that we'll ultimately see a more mixed up field of winners in the future. As cool as it is to see people make history, by the time Lewis gets done doing it, I'll have already seen that bar smashed twice in my time as an F1 fan. I'm ready for some more unpredictable years.

Bottas got embarrassed HARD today, jesus. Lewis ends up half a minute behind last, catches up, overtakes people left and right to get back to 7th in like under 20 laps....meanwhile, Bottas fucks up the start, and ends up stuck pretty much in place around 5-7th all race. Pathetic.

Happy for Gasly. What a year he's having after getting kicked out of RB last season. Good for him.

Great race.

I wonder if this will be the final nail in Albons coffin.

Might not happen this year but next?

ironmanDX said:
I wonder if this will be the final nail in Albons coffin.

Might not happen this year but next?

Ya, I don't believe that he'll get replaced this season, because it's a crazy year for the whole paddock already, but I'm gonna be shocked if he's in that RB next year.

Angelus said:
Bottas got embarrassed HARD today, jesus. Lewis ends up half a minute behind last, catches up, overtakes people left and right to get back to 7th in like under 20 laps....meanwhile, Bottas fucks up the start, and ends up stuck pretty much in place around 5-7th all race. Pathetic.

Happy for Gasly. What a year he's having after getting kicked out of RB last season. Good for him.

Great race.

I must say, Lewis shows what a great driver can do in that car. 

Bottas... He's clearly just there to supplement Hamilton's points. Grosjean could almost do as well it seems at the moment. No wonder Lewis is keen to keep his him there. 

I'm sick of Lewis winning and glad to see him missing from the podium if I'm to be honest though. 

Also, Schumacher won the feature f2 race and is now 4(?) points behind in the championship.... Looking likely to be taking Raikkonens seat next year pending retirement. 

What a weekend.