By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - F1 2020 - Turkish GP

The Mercedes are going to be unstoppable at Silverstone too...

Kinda hoping that they will hit each other and bottas escapes it after having to go to the pit for a nose change to sneak a decent amount of points in the end.

Around the Network
ironmanDX said:
The Mercedes are going to be unstoppable at Silverstone too...

Kinda hoping that they will hit each other and bottas escapes it after having to go to the pit for a nose change to sneak a decent amount of points in the end.

Yeah, haha! At this point I'm almost hoping for such a thing as well. It's obvious Hamilton will be World Champion this season, so we just have to hope something like this is gonna happen so things will at least be somewhat interesting.

Honestly, Merc is embarrassing a lot of people year after year. This stretch of consistent excellency is unheard of. This season looks like they might have built their most impressive car yet.

Angelus said:
Honestly, Merc is embarrassing a lot of people year after year. This stretch of consistent excellency is unheard of. This season looks like they might have built their most impressive car yet.

I can't believe the gulf in performance from them to Ferrari...

All that downforce though...

What does everyone think of the pink Mercedes?

ironmanDX said:
Angelus said:

The irony, is that Ferrari cheating with their engine last season forced Merc to step up their game even more. Now that Ferrari has been slapped back down to earth by the FIA (and then built a shitbox to boot), Merc is sitting pretty with a car built to compete against an opponent that no longer exists. 

I'm all for the pink Merc. Why shouldn't midfield teams try to copy what has been the best car in the sport for years? 

Around the Network
Angelus said:
ironmanDX said:

The irony, is that Ferrari cheating with their engine last season forced Merc to step up their game even more. Now that Ferrari has been slapped back down to earth by the FIA (and then built a shitbox to boot), Merc is sitting pretty with a car built to compete against an opponent that no longer exists. 

I'm all for the pink Merc. Why shouldn't midfield teams try to copy what has been the best car in the sport for years? 

Really? I thought you'd be against it.

I don't mind it either unless it's copied that hard. They all copy each other in one way or another, they're simply more subtle about it.

I imagine it's too late to copy DAS though. That is brilliant. Useful maybe once or twice a race but still brilliant.

ironmanDX said:
Angelus said:

Really? I thought you'd be against it.

I don't mind it either unless it's copied that hard. They all copy each other in one way or another, they're simply more subtle about it.

I imagine it's too late to copy DAS though. That is brilliant. Useful maybe once or twice a race but still brilliant.

I would be against it if a top team went out and tried to completely replicate last year's Merc, because whatever gains that might bring you, I don't believe you'll ever be a real championship threat when you're simply imitating what the winner has already built in the past.

But a midfield team, fighting for whatever points they can get any given week...why not? If they have the ability to reasonably reverse engineer what was the best car on track last year, I say go for it.

Hell, putting straight up copying aside for a moment, I don't understand why teams haven't taken more cues from Mercedes' design philosophy in general. Year after year after year, they've built a low rake car, and keep winning everything. Meanwhile, everyone else is out here building high rake cars year after year, and what have they got to show for it? At what point do these people acknowledge that Newey is no longer the person designing the best chassis?

The way I already gave up on this season, nothing against Hamilton but this is really boring

Link_Nines.XBC said:

The way I already gave up on this season, nothing against Hamilton but this is really boring

I feel that. I'm a big Hamilton fan, but it is rather annoying when there's nobody putting up a fight. Bottas' bad luck there pretty much ending this championship early. 

But alas, this is the way at times in F1. Gotta focus on fights in the midfield and such to find the entertainment.

i trust mercs enginemodes as much as i trusted the red top speed last year

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.