By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - F1 2020 - Turkish GP

im done with this season already

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

All cars matter.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Turned out to be a pretty interesting finish lol

McLaren, my love

First race was great, however Mercedes is once again going to be so dominant this year it won't be fun to watch most of the season. Ferrari have shot themselves in the foot with their engine, so the only competitor to Mercedes is Red Bull... and they are quite a bit slower and didn't score any points in the first race. The only man who could make this interesting is Bottas. Or Verstappen maybe, but only if Red Bull gets closer.

Man, I do remember the Ferrari days with Schumacher when the FIA did everything in their power to stop the dominance: A new qualifying format, a new points system which made first place so much less valuable that Schumacher - with seven wins - almost lost the championship to Räikkönen - who won once - in 2003 and of course the infamous tire rule change in 2005 which basically guaranteed that Bridgestone teams stood no chance against Michelin. Mercedes, however has been and is being helped tremendously by stable rules and token systems.

Around the Network

So happy for Lando. Can't wait to see him partner Ric next season and hopefully McLaren can move forward.

Ferrari is such a mess

#FireBinotto

Anyways, yet another boring year of Mercedes domination

I hope at least Bottas can be some competition to Hamilton, like Rosberg back in 2016.

Last edited by Link_Nines.XBC - on 12 July 2020

Ka-pi96 said:
Yep, Ferrari have been embarrassing so far.

Mercedes domination looks all but assured. Especially with this being a shorter than normal season. Less time for anybody to try to turn it around. Just wonder how many (if any) wins Verstappen will be able to pull off.

And the craziest thing about it all? With the big rule change being pushed back to 2022 Mercedes is basically guaranteed to dominate again next year. That's Mercedes dominance from 2014 to at least 2021 with no break in between. Eight years! No other team has ever been this dominant for so long, not even McLaren in the 80s or Ferrari in the early 2000s. It's really getting a bit repetitive at this point.

So far im right with it being a shit season

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

@ka-pi96 SNOREFEST