Forums - Sony Discussion - Iron Man PSVR - Reviews and discussion thread (76 MC/75 OC)

I will be...

Buying. 3 30.00%
 
Waiting for sale 2 20.00%
 
Avoiding it 1 10.00%
 
don't have PSVR. 4 40.00%
 
Total:10

First Impressions

Just finished through Chapter 3. Like Blood & Truth, I think that this is a game held back by the tech in PSVR. It is not bad, but the load screens and the limited controls due to the Move Controllers take a lot away from what could be.

The problem with the load screens is, they are long, and they are often. It greatly interupts the flow of the game, and the action. Just as you get amped up, bam, another loading screen, taking the engament and excitement back down. This game will benefit greatly from a PS5 Edition that eleminates the load screens, and allows for seemless transitions.

With the controls, we have the same issue that plagues many titles with the Move controllers. The lack of analog sticks, breaks the immersion. In Iron Man gameplay, you are limited to imprecise buttons inputs to turn. As Tony, you have to teleport and blink turn around locations. So far the gameplay as Iron Man is fun, with lots of different weapons and attacks to choose from, and some neat little set piece actions to perform, but the limitations of the Move stop it from being a natural or great feeling experience.

So far I am interested in the story, I am taking a short break, and then I will jump back in.

I will try to come back with more impressions as I find anything new to add. I'll give my final thoughts once I finish.

I really love PSVR and VR in general, but I think Sony has done a less than stellar job displaying the medium with the current tech. Stuff like Killzone and Resistance would have been perfect for what we have. The ability to play games like God of War or Horizon Zero Dawn in 3rd Person with the DS4 would have done wonders to showing the scale of the worlds. Hopefully, we see much better choices made with PS5 and PSVR2.



Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network
KBG29 said:
First Impressions

Just finished through Chapter 3. Like Blood & Truth, I think that this is a game held back by the tech in PSVR. It is not bad, but the load screens and the limited controls due to the Move Controllers take a lot away from what could be.

The problem with the load screens is, they are long, and they are often. It greatly interupts the flow of the game, and the action. Just as you get amped up, bam, another loading screen, taking the engament and excitement back down. This game will benefit greatly from a PS5 Edition that eleminates the load screens, and allows for seemless transitions.

With the controls, we have the same issue that plagues many titles with the Move controllers. The lack of analog sticks, breaks the immersion. In Iron Man gameplay, you are limited to imprecise buttons inputs to turn. As Tony, you have to teleport and blink turn around locations. So far the gameplay as Iron Man is fun, with lots of different weapons and attacks to choose from, and some neat little set piece actions to perform, but the limitations of the Move stop it from being a natural or great feeling experience.

So far I am interested in the story, I am taking a short break, and then I will jump back in.

I will try to come back with more impressions as I find anything new to add. I'll give my final thoughts once I finish.

I really love PSVR and VR in general, but I think Sony has done a less than stellar job displaying the medium with the current tech. Stuff like Killzone and Resistance would have been perfect for what we have. The ability to play games like God of War or Horizon Zero Dawn in 3rd Person with the DS4 would have done wonders to showing the scale of the worlds. Hopefully, we see much better choices made with PS5 and PSVR2.

Thanks for the first impression it help us on deciding on jumping or not to buy the game.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Quick Update:

I have now played through Chapter 8. I did find the setting to allow smooth turing which has improved things a bit. It is still not an ideal set up though, as I can not find an ergonomic feeling way to hold down the thrusters and turn without the controller getting all wonkely positioned in my hand.

That said, the game is turning out to be pretty good. The missions have continued to deliver unique new enemies and challanges with each new level so far. I have also encountered one boss fight which had me putting together all the skills I have learn thus far.

My feelings toward the game are becoming more and more positive as I play. Still not calling it a VR masterpiece, but definitly heading in the direction of being earning the recomendation status.



Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

KBG29 said:
Quick Update:

I have now played through Chapter 8. I did find the setting to allow smooth turing which has improved things a bit. It is still not an ideal set up though, as I can not find an ergonomic feeling way to hold down the thrusters and turn without the controller getting all wonkely positioned in my hand.

That said, the game is turning out to be pretty good. The missions have continued to deliver unique new enemies and challanges with each new level so far. I have also encountered one boss fight which had me putting together all the skills I have learn thus far.

My feelings toward the game are becoming more and more positive as I play. Still not calling it a VR masterpiece, but definitly heading in the direction of being earning the recomendation status.

There is so much backlash with the loading screens, I'd imagine there will be a patch. It's all that is keeping me from buying it, keep us updated if anything drops. 



 

China Numba wan!!

John2290 said:
KBG29 said:
Quick Update:

I have now played through Chapter 8. I did find the setting to allow smooth turing which has improved things a bit. It is still not an ideal set up though, as I can not find an ergonomic feeling way to hold down the thrusters and turn without the controller getting all wonkely positioned in my hand.

That said, the game is turning out to be pretty good. The missions have continued to deliver unique new enemies and challanges with each new level so far. I have also encountered one boss fight which had me putting together all the skills I have learn thus far.

My feelings toward the game are becoming more and more positive as I play. Still not calling it a VR masterpiece, but definitly heading in the direction of being earning the recomendation status.

There is so much backlash with the loading screens, I'd imagine there will be a patch. It's all that is keeping me from buying it, keep us updated if anything drops. 

I don't think anything can be done about the load times on PS4. I am playing from an internal SSD, and the loads are still excessive. Only thing we can hope for is a PS5 compatibility patch.



Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network

VR could get very big in the future, I think.

Iron Man PSVR is Number 2 in the UK-Charts, currently. Number 1 is The Last of Us 2, again (the third week).



Game of the Year 2020: Ghost of Tsushima, Persona 5 Royal or The Last of Us 2 ?!