By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most Wanted August (Results Up!)

1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Sequel (NS)
2. Bravely Default II (NS)
3. Tales of Arise (PS4)
4. Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time (PS4)
5. Scarlet Nexus (PS4)

Around the Network

1. Horizon: Forbidden West (PS5)
2. Ghost of Tsushima (PS4)
3. The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV (PS4)
4. Hollow Knight: Silksong (PC)
5. Elden Ring (PS4)

It's hard participating in this after having Wolfenstein:Youngblood and Yakuza 7 in my top 5 for so long. Loooook what happened. Youngblood turned out to be a piece of shit. Yakuza 7 is going to charge money for difficulty selection and new game+. Stinky garbage. I may need another month off and some therapy.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

shikamaru317 said:
COKTOE said:

It's hard participating in this after having Wolfenstein:Youngblood and Yakuza 7 in my top 5 for so long. Loooook what happened. Youngblood turned out to be a piece of shit. Yakuza 7 is going to charge money for difficulty selection and new game+. Stinky garbage. I may need another month off and some therapy.

I liked Youngblood personally. It wasn't a great game, but it was a good game imo.

Where are people getting this thing about Sega charging for Yakuza 7's new game+ and hardest difficulty mode from? The only thing I could find about it was this, that said it is most likely free DLC:

During today's Sega Nama Broadcast, Ryu Ga Gotoku Studios head Toshihiro Nagoshi confirmed that Yakuza: Like a Dragon will be receiving a "New Game Plus" option and harder difficulty mode as DLC. New Game Plus is pretty self-explanatory, but the harder difficulty will be specifically for players that have already completed the game. As you enter the next cycle, you can increase the challenge so you don't sleepwalk through the game.

Nothing was confirmed about price or whether the western version would include this as a standard feature. In the past, Yakuza titles in the west have come with all post-launch DLC included or as free updates. From what was described, everything here is merely extra bells and whistles to an already complete game.

Like a Dragon does already have free DLC, though. Following the release of the game in Japan last month, Sega began giving out free updates for seven weeks. It stands to reason that this new difficulty option and New Game Plus mode will fall into that category. Considering this is the last update and is planned for February 27, that is likely the case.

It was all over Youtube in February. I saw it first via a Yongyea upload. As of May, NG+ costs $9 USD in Japan.

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/03/yakuza_like_a_dragon_charges_just_usd0_60_for_new_gameplus_but_rises_to_nearly_usd9_in_may

I cant find anything that indicates it has been made free since then. Perhaps the western release will be different, but again, I can't find anything that points in that direction. 

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

1. Cyberpunk 2077 (PC)
2. Horizon: Forbidden West (PS5)
3. Diablo 4 (PS5)
4. Demon's Souls (PS5)
5. Kena: Bridge of Spirits (PS5)

Last edited by hinch - on 08 July 2020

Around the Network

1 - Horizon: Forbidden West - PS5

2 - Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart - PS5

3 - Earth Defense Force 6 - PS5

4 - Cyberpunk 2077 - PS5

5 - Earth Defense Force: World Brothers - PS4

Ooooo! 4 PS5 games. To all the other lovely platforms, I'm sorry I never bought you. Also, if you see that empty container of yogurt, tell him thank you for being so full of yogurt when I met him.

hinch said:
1. Ghost of Tsushima (PS4)
2. Cyberpunk 2077 (PC)
3. Horizon: Forbidden West (PS5)
4. Diablo 4 (PC)
5. Kena: Bridge of Spirits (PS5)

Ghost Of Tsushima is no longer eligible sir!

Ahh oops, updated previous post. Thanks :)

COKTOE said:
shikamaru317 said:

I liked Youngblood personally. It wasn't a great game, but it was a good game imo.

Where are people getting this thing about Sega charging for Yakuza 7's new game+ and hardest difficulty mode from? The only thing I could find about it was this, that said it is most likely free DLC:

During today's Sega Nama Broadcast, Ryu Ga Gotoku Studios head Toshihiro Nagoshi confirmed that Yakuza: Like a Dragon will be receiving a "New Game Plus" option and harder difficulty mode as DLC. New Game Plus is pretty self-explanatory, but the harder difficulty will be specifically for players that have already completed the game. As you enter the next cycle, you can increase the challenge so you don't sleepwalk through the game.

Nothing was confirmed about price or whether the western version would include this as a standard feature. In the past, Yakuza titles in the west have come with all post-launch DLC included or as free updates. From what was described, everything here is merely extra bells and whistles to an already complete game.

Like a Dragon does already have free DLC, though. Following the release of the game in Japan last month, Sega began giving out free updates for seven weeks. It stands to reason that this new difficulty option and New Game Plus mode will fall into that category. Considering this is the last update and is planned for February 27, that is likely the case.

It was all over Youtube in February. I saw it first via a Yongyea upload. As of May, NG+ costs $9 USD in Japan.

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/03/yakuza_like_a_dragon_charges_just_usd0_60_for_new_gameplus_but_rises_to_nearly_usd9_in_may

I cant find anything that indicates it has been made free since then. Perhaps the western release will be different, but again, I can't find anything that points in that direction. 

Astonishing.

This is such a disgrace.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

0D0 said:
COKTOE said:

Astonishing.

This is such a disgrace.

Yes! Yes it is!