Forums - Gaming Discussion - I can stop being angry - Crash Bandicoot DOESN'T have microtransactions!

kirby007 said:
CaptainExplosion said:

By needlessly firing their hardworking developers who weren't even being paid enough to begin with.

they cant do that each year

Kotick: Hold my beer...

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019

Predictions: Switch / Switch vs. XB1 in the US / Three Houses first quarter

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:

See the forum rules.

A) Thread Titles:

1. Should use full names rather than abbreviations (StarCraft instead of SC. Star Control 2 instead of SC2. Soul Calibur 3 instead of SC3. SimCity 4 instead of SC4).

This list of examples could be updated a bit though lol.

Well, it's Activision. Expecting them to not do this exploitative, underhanded shit is at best naive at this point. This is the company that added laid off 800 workers the same year they reported record revenues, and the company that in the past has added microtransactions to their games months after release so they wouldn't affect the reviews for the game. The industry in general, especially in the AAA side of things, will always do everything it can to squeeze out money from their customers, so I can't even pretend to be surprised.

My Most Recent Articles:

1. Video Game Music Spotlight #14: A Moment of Calm

2. Gods and Superheroes: The Story of Clover Studio

3. Video Game Music Spotlight #13: Winter and Cold

For my non-video game related writings you can check my blog below.

Latest Post: Disney Canon: Dumbo (1941)

Its an Activision game. I would be surprised if it didn't have micro-transactions.

Its Activision.
If the game is somehow good and these are minor, then just ignore then.
But imagine if it fails, Sony buy the IP from them and give it to Insomniac...
Then we could have a good new Crash game from a change.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Its Activision.
If the game is somehow good and these are minor, then just ignore then.
But imagine if it fails, Sony buy the IP from them and give it to Insomniac...
Then we could have a good new Crash game from a change.

I mean, if that DID happen, I'd be hyped as shit for a Ratchet and Crash crossover lol :P

Over the last year or two, since the big blowup over loot boxes, I've found that microtransactions in general have become a lot less significant in games. I was never really bothered by them. I am definitely not bothered by (most of) them anymore.

Game development and publishing is a business. These companies exist to make money. If they can make money through voluntary purchases of cosmetics (which is what most of them are these days), in games that were voluntarily purchased in the first place, I see no problem with that at all.

Can't wait to see what they have planned for the Spyro sequel then.

Yeah.... while I liked the trailer, this and the developer (plus the lack of development time) makes me feel that this will be a fairly shallow experience and the 100+ levels will more or less the same, and are made to stretch out the game. It went from a "buy" to a "maybe when it hits 10$" pretty damn quickly.

Probably just skins.