Forums - Gaming Discussion - I can stop being angry - Crash Bandicoot DOESN'T have microtransactions!

V-r0cK said:
As long as it doesn't affect the game itself then I dont care, and not like they're forcing us to.

All micro transaction affect games. The games are always designed around them. If they weren't, people wouldn't buy them.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
vivster said:
Wait, you didn't have any reason to be pissed at Activision before this? People losing their jobs while Kotick gets more money blasted at his ass, but we draw the line at micro transactions in Bandicoot. Who would've thought that the company making money by peddling gambling to children would stoop so low.

I'm still pissed about that, but I thought maybe I could look past it enough to get what looked like a great new Crash Bandicoot game, and they turn around and royally fuck it up. Even Microsoft wouldn't do this. -_-

vivster said:
V-r0cK said:
As long as it doesn't affect the game itself then I dont care, and not like they're forcing us to.

All micro transaction affect games. The games are always designed around them. If they weren't, people wouldn't buy them.

^THIS!!

CaptainExplosion said:
V-r0cK said:

We'd rather they didn't put them into the game to begin with. Microtransactions are basically an extortion racket disguised as a game mechanic.

The way I see it is that they're just going to waste their own extra time and resources to garbage I wont even buy :P

vivster said:
V-r0cK said:

Well they say its most likely costumes so I doubt that'll affect their design of the game.  I've experienced my share with Capcom and their million DLC skins for Street Fighter and Resident Evil so I'm use to this.

V-r0cK said:
CaptainExplosion said:

We'd rather they didn't put them into the game to begin with. Microtransactions are basically an extortion racket disguised as a game mechanic.

The way I see it is that they're just going to waste their own extra time and resources to garbage I wont even buy :P

vivster said:

Well they say its most likely costumes so I doubt that'll affect their design of the game.  I've experienced my share with Capcom and their million DLC skins for Street Fighter and Resident Evil so I'm use to this.

I'm used to it too, but that doesn't mean I'm ok with it.

Sure, Nintendo does DLC too, but they at least make DLC that I actually want to get.

It's 2020 and you expect Activision to release a game without microtransactions? How naive...

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:
It's 2020 and you expect Activision to release a game without microtransactions? How naive...

It's called optimism, and I made the mistake of having it for a game owned by Activi$ion to not be turned into shit.

CaptainExplosion said:
vivster said:
Wait, you didn't have any reason to be pissed at Activision before this? People losing their jobs while Kotick gets more money blasted at his ass, but we draw the line at micro transactions in Bandicoot. Who would've thought that the company making money by peddling gambling to children would stoop so low.

I'm still pissed about that, but I thought maybe I could look past it enough to get what looked like a great new Crash Bandicoot game, and they turn around and royally fuck it up. Even Microsoft wouldn't do this. -_-

Halo Infinite already has confirmed micro transactions. Every company will at some point go that route, even CDPR.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Halo Infinite already has confirmed micro transactions. Every company will at some point go that route, even CDPR.

Then how the fuck do we put an end to this? -_-

CaptainExplosion said:
V-r0cK said:

Sure, Nintendo does DLC too, but they at least make DLC that I actually want to get.

I dont like the practice of microtransaction either but as long as DLC exist you'll always have devs/publishers making good ones and bad ones.  Best we can do as gamers/customers is to buy the ones that are worth it, that's all.

CaptainExplosion said:
V-r0cK said:

Wouldn't it be better if a game doesn't make you want DLC? If you want it, they have already manipulated you into thinking you need it.