Forums - Sales Discussion - TLOU2 Was UK's Best-Selling Game in June, Outsold Rest of Top 10 Combined

brute said:
MasonADC said:

80%

How does that compare to other Friday releases? Seems steep?

I believe our beloved @trunkswd said the first game had a nearly identical 2nd week drop if that helps at all.

Chinese food for breakfast

Around the Network
COKTOE said:
brute said:

How does that compare to other Friday releases? Seems steep?

I believe our beloved @trunkswd said the first game had a nearly identical 2nd week drop if that helps at all.

Uncharted 4 dropped 78% in its second week.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

trunkswd said:
COKTOE said:

Theeenks.

MasonADC said:
brute said:
Any word on the drop?

80%

oof thats a lot

Pocky Lover Boy! 

COKTOE said:
trunkswd said:

Theeenks.

No problem. Our tweet on the UK drop blew up a bit with all the haters saying the game is like The Last Jedi. We shall see in the coming months how sales continue. They might have dropped 80%, but it remained at number one. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Around the Network
trunkswd said:
COKTOE said:

Thanks. So similar range but Uncharted was a Tuesday release.

A Friday release comparison would be nice. I believe God of War released on a Friday.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Jranation said:
MasonADC said:

80%

oof thats a lot

No. As explained, it is typical. 

trunkswd said:
COKTOE said:

Theeenks.

No problem. Our tweet on the UK drop blew up a bit with all the haters saying the game is like The Last Jedi. We shall see in the coming months how sales continue. They might have dropped 80%, but it remained at number one. 

Although TLOU 2 has a significantly higher install base to sell to than the TLOU did, and it will be a commercial hit, my feeling is that it won't have the legs the original did. I say this because I really do get the impression that a higher than normal number of people dislike, or even hate the story. At the very least, I don't want to undersell the backlash from fans of the original, nor legit criticism from new players. I always watch Jim Sterling, but I still haven't fully watched the Jimpression, because I know the content within will represent total spoiler ruination. Before the spoiler warning however, he left little doubt to which general direction he was going to go.

I won't lie. What I have heard scares the s*** out of me.

I say this without too much conviction, because it's basically impossible to have one's finger on the pulse of millions of players. It's all still conjecture at this point. Like you say though, we shall see. It's going to be very interesting to see how this unfolds.

Jranation said:
MasonADC said:

80%

oof thats a lot

That's actually pretty typical for 2nd week in the UK but speaks volumes for the amount it sold to retain number 1.  Even looking at XCDE earlier this month went from number 1 to number 28 in it's second week..

CGI-Quality said:
Jranation said:

oof thats a lot

No. As explained, it is typical. 

Can't it be both typical and a lot?