Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony: The Last of Us Part II Sells More Than 4 Million Copies, Fastest Selling PS4 Exclusive

Tagged games:

DakonBlackblade said:
LivingMetal said:

I've seen YouTubers use the 80% drop as ammo to justify their cause.  And I'm not knocking anyone with an opinion.  It's just that the 80% drop reported by these certain YouTubers reveal how much of a shill they really are who are just as bad if not worse than the ones they judge as being shills of the opposite persuasion.  Especially when given a potentially similar context in drop as Don had previously stated.  So please do not fall in the same camp.  In fact if you don't want to come off as a kind of shill, please make sure you formulate a more structurally correct argument.  I am by no mean grammar police.  But everything in bold and underline that was corrected from your original quote in plentiful do you no favors when your post comes across as agenda driven talking points.  It comes across as "reacting before thinking" which doesn't bode well for the intent of the argument.

You understood the message, there's no reason to be pedantic. 

Also the drop is massive, no ammount of sugar coating it will work, stores are reporting used copys in the buckets, Japan has pages and pages of used TLoU copys over there (they hate the game to no end in Japan) and if you want a more elaborate critic here goes:

It's not sugar coating, it's stating a fact. Games like these have 75-80% drops week two. This isn't some new phenomenon with TLOU Pt. II and anecdotal talks of used copies and games being traded in doesn't change anything.



                                                                                                             

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
DakonBlackblade said:

You understood the message, there's no reason to be pedantic. 

Also the drop is massive, no ammount of sugar coating it will work, stores are reporting used copys in the buckets, Japan has pages and pages of used TLoU copys over there (they hate the game to no end in Japan) and if you want a more elaborate critic here goes:

It's not sugar coating, it's stating a fact. Games like these have 75-80% drops week two. This isn't some new phenomenon with TLOU Pt. II and anecdotal talks of used copies and games being traded in doesn't change anything.

The more a game is sold, even more when it is a story heavy one, without MP, more likely to have used copies and turn in. When those get heavely discounted or third week and ownards get even bigger drops we can think about speculating the game isn't going to have legs;



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

DonFerrari said:
CGI-Quality said:

It's not sugar coating, it's stating a fact. Games like these have 75-80% drops week two. This isn't some new phenomenon with TLOU Pt. II and anecdotal talks of used copies and games being traded in doesn't change anything.

The more a game is sold, even more when it is a story heavy one, without MP, more likely to have used copies and turn in. 

Indeed. 



                                                                                                             

Well deserved. This game is a Masterpiece.



DakonBlackblade said:
LivingMetal said:

I've seen YouTubers use the 80% drop as ammo to justify their cause.  And I'm not knocking anyone with an opinion.  It's just that the 80% drop reported by these certain YouTubers reveal how much of a shill they really are who are just as bad if not worse than the ones they judge as being shills of the opposite persuasion.  Especially when given a potentially similar context in drop as Don had previously stated.  So please do not fall in the same camp.  In fact if you don't want to come off as a kind of shill, please make sure you formulate a more structurally correct argument.  I am by no mean grammar police.  But everything in bold and underline that was corrected from your original quote in plentiful do you no favors when your post comes across as agenda driven talking points.  It comes across as "reacting before thinking" which doesn't bode well for the intent of the argument.

You understood the message, there's no reason to be pedantic. Also English is not my first language, fast typing + that results in problems, it is what it is.

Also the drop is massive, no amount of sugar coating it will work, stores are reporting used copys in the buckets, Japan has pages and pages of used TLoU copys on their Ebay over there (they hate the game to no end in Japan) and if you want a more elaborate critic here goes:

Better than being a dumb ass.  How's that for pedantic...?

⚠️ WARNED: Flaming ~ CGI

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 01 July 2020

Around the Network

it will be interesting to see how this sells in the long run. I think it may get stuck at 6M



Heavenly_King said:
it will be interesting to see how this sells in the long run. I think it may get stuck at 6M

It's probably already passed that, but even if it hasn't, this is completely unrealistic (barring sarcasm, which I really hope this is given how stupendously wrong it will prove to be).



                                                                                                             

Heavenly_King said:
it will be interesting to see how this sells in the long run. I think it may get stuck at 6M

Oh I know what you did here!!!



kazuyamishima said:
Heavenly_King said:
it will be interesting to see how this sells in the long run. I think it may get stuck at 6M

Oh I know what you did here!!!

Could be the Sales all along.



                                                                                                             

CGI-Quality said:
kazuyamishima said:

Oh I know what you did here!!!

Could be the Sales all along.

Only 2099 copies a day from now on.