By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NSW is here to Stay!! It’s Life Will Be Long and No Successor Will Come Before 2025!

When will NSW2 come out?

2022 Holiday 15 11.19%

2023 Spring 19 14.18%

2023 Holiday 25 18.66%

2024 Spring 38 28.36%

2024 Holiday 23 17.16%

2025 Spring 10 7.46%

2025 Holiday 3 2.24%

2026+ 1 0.75%

Total:134
tbone51 said:
Moonhero said:
If they release Mario Kart 9 this Christmas, they wouldn't need a new system until 2029.

I love a new MK for NSW I could see it for holiday 2021 and if it does come out at that time it proves NSW will live for along time 

Farsala said:

MK8 is doing just fine though, they probably don't need MK9 until 2029.

Lol nice reply

In Japan it is still top 10 and I imagine the same WW, I don't see what a MK9 would accomplish that MK8 hasn't already.

Around the Network
Farsala said:
tbone51 said:

I love a new MK for NSW I could see it for holiday 2021 and if it does come out at that time it proves NSW will live for along time 

Lol nice reply

In Japan it is still top 10 and I imagine the same WW, I don't see what a MK9 would accomplish that MK8 hasn't already.

No doubt, MK8D could go on and sell for years and never stop. I’m just saying if they release it and if they do it’ll be glorious. Imagine both mk games charting for years lol

I actually would love to see what a Mario Kart sequel on the same console looks like sales wise. My gut feeling is that it would perform maybe half of what MK8 deluxe does.

Otter said:
I actually would love to see what a Mario Kart sequel on the same console looks like sales wise. My gut feeling is that it would perform maybe half of what MK8 deluxe does.

Nah way more, a holiday release would sell thru well over 10mil and legs would be much stronger 

Better to hold back MK9 as a killer app launch title for Switch's successor I feel; Switch and BOTW showed how important it is to have a killer app right out of the gate.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Better to hold back MK9 as a killer app launch title for Switch's successor I feel; Switch and BOTW showed how important it is to have a killer app right out of the gate.

Screw that.

They can test MK9 on Switch 1 and Deluxe it with DLC for Switch 2.

Mario Kart is so big now it needs to become Nintendo Kart. Zelda, 3D Mario and Animal Crossing have all hit new heights after being featured in Mario Kart. I think that's the way forward for MK now. Bi-annual DLC and/or subscription exclusive tracks. They could even offer to feature some 3rd party tracks in exchange for certain favours. MK8 showed how crap hardware held back a 50m selling game. If Switch 2 is a flop then so is MK9 (relative to it's potential). If they mess it up they can always reset with Mario Kart 10 on Switch 2 instead of MK9 Deluxe.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Pyro as Bill said:
curl-6 said:

Screw that.

Mario Kart is so big now it needs to become Nintendo Kart. Zelda, 3D Mario and Animal Crossing have all hit new heights after being featured in Mario Kart. I think that's the way forward for MK now. Bi-annual DLC and/or subscription exclusive tracks. They could even offer to feature some 3rd party tracks in exchange for certain favours. MK8 showed how crap hardware held back a 50m selling game. If Switch 2 is a flop then so is MK9 (relative to it's potential). If they mess it up they can always reset with Mario Kart 10 on Switch 2 instead of MK9 Deluxe.

Switch simply doesn't need another Mario Kart with how 8D is selling.

They're going to need heavy hitters to give Switch 2 the same kind of great first year that Switch 1 had, it'd do more good for them there, alongside Splatoon 3.

tbone51 said:
Otter said:

Nah way more, a holiday release would sell thru well over 10mil and legs would be much stronger 

A new Mario Kart could singlehandedly keep Switch alive for 3-5 extra years (like it did with WiiU).

curl-6 said:
Pyro as Bill said:

Screw that.

They're going to need heavy hitters to give Switch 2 the same kind of great first year that Switch 1 had, it'd do more good for them there, alongside Splatoon 3.

Nintendo's IPs are too valuable to risk on unproven hardware. Look at N64/WiiU. There's no reason for Nintendo's big dogs to be exclusive to Switch 2 and given the risk it would be foolish to do so. If Switch has X years of life left as a home console, then it has X + 5 years left as a handheld. They can't bet the house on hardware again even if they do have the best hardware gimmick ever invented.

Pyro as Bill said:
curl-6 said:

Nintendo's IPs are too valuable to risk on unproven hardware. Look at N64/WiiU. There's no reason for Nintendo's big dogs to be exclusive to Switch 2 and given the risk it would be foolish to do so. If Switch has X years of life left as a home console, then it has X + 5 years left as a handheld. They can't bet the house on hardware again even if they do have the best hardware gimmick ever invented.

They cannot ride Switch 1 forever, so sooner they later they have to move on to new hardware, and when they do, they need software to sell it.