By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - To prepare for Infinite, I am playing through the entire Halo franchise (FINISHED)

Tagged games:

DroidKnight said:
mjk45 said:

So why do you think the Xbox One X  wireless worked after 8 months of non use, was it a placement problem causing signal blocking ?

I remember at the time, it wouldn't detect internet period like it couldn't scan for it, then it would come up with an error screen about a mac address something or other.  Moving the device for several days to different locations did not alleviate the issue.  I went ahead and reset the unit to its original factory condition.  Nothing I did worked.  It seemed like a hardware issue.  My conclusion (just a theory) is I had devices competing for the connection and one knocked the other one completely off somehow.  Somebody wasn't playing nice. I would have had 4 apple devices, a few PS4's connected at the same time.  I'm thinking the Xbox tried to mess with another device, or something interfered with it.  That in turn caused a defense mechanism to kick in somewhere and some devices went offensive and Xbox went defensive. Since then I have disconnected the PS4's because I haven't been using them.  I connected the Switch which wasn't connected before, and I'm still running the same Apple products.  If it was a hardware issue it shouldn't just start magically working now.  I still think it was software related even though I zapped it as well.

...and back to my post on the way that I'm playing through the Halos.  I played each one on their original release dates (except for the plastic wrapped 5).

I feel you're too many devices theory is correct , otherwise it leads us to the elephant in the room that being around 8 months ago both PS4 and Xbox consoles became sentient and they then gave proof to the theory that the console wars are real and not some made up tribalism based concoction, that the xbox and not any other devices were affected is further proof also it shows that the PS4 AI is capable of teaming up to defeat it's opponent and that is something to be wary of especially since the xbox one x has more flops than two PS4's unless yours are both PS4 pros ,they may have joined forces with apple to do the deed if so terminator here we come and It's your fault.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network
mjk45 said:
DroidKnight said:

I remember at the time, it wouldn't detect internet period like it couldn't scan for it, then it would come up with an error screen about a mac address something or other.  Moving the device for several days to different locations did not alleviate the issue.  I went ahead and reset the unit to its original factory condition.  Nothing I did worked.  It seemed like a hardware issue.  My conclusion (just a theory) is I had devices competing for the connection and one knocked the other one completely off somehow.  Somebody wasn't playing nice. I would have had 4 apple devices, a few PS4's connected at the same time.  I'm thinking the Xbox tried to mess with another device, or something interfered with it.  That in turn caused a defense mechanism to kick in somewhere and some devices went offensive and Xbox went defensive. Since then I have disconnected the PS4's because I haven't been using them.  I connected the Switch which wasn't connected before, and I'm still running the same Apple products.  If it was a hardware issue it shouldn't just start magically working now.  I still think it was software related even though I zapped it as well.

...and back to my post on the way that I'm playing through the Halos.  I played each one on their original release dates (except for the plastic wrapped 5).

I feel you're too many devices theory is correct , otherwise it leads us to the elephant in the room that being around 8 months ago both PS4 and Xbox consoles became sentient and they then gave proof to the theory that the console wars are real and not some made up tribalism based concoction, that the xbox and not any other devices were affected is further proof also it shows that the PS4 AI is capable of teaming up to defeat it's opponent and that is something to be wary of especially since the xbox one x has more flops than two PS4's unless yours are both PS4 pros ,they may have joined forces with apple to do the deed if so terminator here we come and It's your fault.

You nailed it.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Halo Reach is pretty amazing so far. I’m only through four of the twelve missions but so far it’s probably my favorite of any Halo game I have played. It blends some modern FPS elements with Halo CE staples very well. It’s gonna be hard to go from this to Halo CE.

Decided to co-op it with my younger brother (online) this time. We live over a 100 miles apart and started Halo CE a few days ago. Done with 8 out of 10. Will jump to Halo 2 next. Working around each other's schedules is going to be the trick.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

I am thinking I might play them on the original hardware in chronological order rather than any re-releases/remasters.
After I finish with this CoD campaign...

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network

I have not played a Halo game since 2008. I played the original on OG Xbox in 2004 or so and then some of Halo 3 at a gaming party in the spring of 2008. I didn't care for them at the time and stayed away ever since. However, in the years since I'm much more open to shooters tho more of a TPS person, not against FPS as I like a few. Esp Sci-fi.  I don't remember how they played really except having trouble with the Warthog controls.

Thought about at times giving Halo 4 a try since it has a few former Metroid Prime staff that worked on it. Story not too concerned with. Just curious about which one is the most pick up and play.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Seven missions into Reach now. You can really tell this was Bungie’s last game before Destiny. At many times it feels like you are on a strike mission or whatever in Destiny. Tip of the Spear and the mission right after that were both amazing. I had no idea the game had space combat. Not just spacecraft combat but then you get out and fight on a space carrier and the gravity effects are amazing.

I’m seeing stuff ive never seen in a Halo before like Grunts that are all armored up and look like Elites but they’re still weak as fuck? Also some cool tech. It’s really going to be hard to go to Halo CE after this.

I did mission five and six on my Scorpio today and did mission seven lying in bed on my phone thanks to xCloud. Played very smooth. I’ll probably finish Reach up tomorrow.

Cool project!

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

So I finished Reach. Overall, what a great game. Maybe even better than Halo CE. There was so much variety in the gameplay, such great level design. Also outside of when the game was trying to play sad music because something bad happens, the music kicked ass. I'd rate Halo: Reach a 9/10.

My understanding of the story so far... in Halo Wars they make contact with Convenant, who are looking for Forerunner technology but instead find Flood. The Convenant does eventually find the tech they want but before they can use it, the UNSC blows the planet up. The war rages on for awhile and we get to Reach. The Convenant destroys Reach and slaughter tons of humans and Spartans, but somehow the UNSC has found some Forerunner tech that they think can turn the tide of the war, which they are badly losing. You give Cortana to Keyes to take aboard the Pillar of Autumn and that leads right into Halo: CE.

Reading some Halo lore, it seems I'm missing a ton of into but I assume these are in books or something, and I am not digging that deep lol.

I am a couple missions into CE. It holds up and is still very good.

Halfway through CE. Man the last mission “assault on control room” or something seems like it would never end. Did they redo the music or did I just forget that the game had kick ass music?

Game still holds up halfway through, as well. Loving the variety of enemies and weapons. I’m starting to dislike the interior map design, all the corridors start looking the same. I just found the control room to Halo. Covenant was already there, why didn’t they just fire it?