By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory logo leaks

I think it looks decent. Ill give it a go.

Around the Network
Hiku said:
Nautilus said:

It was announced for PS4, XOne and Switch. There are no mobile platforms.

I know. I'm speaking of the presentation.
For example, the Phoenix Wright trilogy seem like mobile games, but are on PS4.

I don't imagine this will feel like a console level KH experience. But for the right price point, it can look appealing.

I do get where you are comming from, I just don't agree.

KH BBB was on PSP and I personally think it's one of the best KH games.

I mean, Melody of Memory is a rhythm game, so obviously is going be a different experience, and being ''kind of'' a spin off, it's not going to get the same budget and attention as a mainline title, but I do think it can stand up in it's own, even if it's fully priced.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Honestly, for the right price I will absolutely buy this, a Kingdom Hearts rhythm game... say what you want about the story and whatnot, but the music is absolutely solid, and who DOESN'T enjoy Disney songs?!

This only gives me envy to go back and play FF Theatrhytm Curtain Call lol

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Mar1217 said:

Do it! I've only got the first one but it's my most played 3DS game by far... not got Curtain Call though, what did they add exactly? Since I ended up buying some extra songs for the first game anyway

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:
Mar1217 said:

Do it! I've only got the first one but it's my most played 3DS game by far... not got Curtain Call though, what did they add exactly? Since I ended up buying some extra songs for the first game anyway

Songs from the newer games and spin-offs, ton of songs in the DLC from other Square franchises like Bravely Default, Romancing Saga, LiveaLive, Chrono Trigger, etc ...

There's also Quest mode which puts you on a linear grid where you need to complete the course to gain certain rewards.

Don't know if OG had online multiplayer by this one has.

It's also dirt cheap so I think it is a worthwhile investment if you consider to dump more than 200 hours like I did.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Mar1217 said:
Bristow9091 said:

Songs from the newer games and spin-offs, ton of songs in the DLC from other Square franchises like Bravely Default, Romancing Saga, LiveaLive, Chrono Trigger, etc ...

There's also Quest mode which puts you on a linear grid where you need to complete the course to gain certain rewards.

Don't know if OG had online multiplayer by this one has.

It's also dirt cheap so I think it is a worthwhile investment if you consider to dump more than 200 hours like I did.

... It has Chrono Trigger music too?! Well fuck, guess I better go find myself a copy lol. I've put over 400 hours into the first game lol :P 

Nautilus said:
Hiku said:

I know. I'm speaking of the presentation.
For example, the Phoenix Wright trilogy seem like mobile games, but are on PS4.

I don't imagine this will feel like a console level KH experience. But for the right price point, it can look appealing.

I do get where you are comming from, I just don't agree.

KH BBB was on PSP and I personally think it's one of the best KH games.

That's not what I meant.
Consoles can have handheld level games, and handhelds can have console level games. And I think Birth By Sleep was primarily a console level experience. Because it was designed to be a proper Kingdom Hearts experience.

For an on rails rythm game, they can cut corners on a lot of elements. Instead of designing worlds that you can explore at your leisure, it's set pieces playing out in the background on a path you can't really stray from. Character models and environments in gameplay look like they're from previous generations. Combat should be watered down significantly, etc.
The cutscenes look like they they're quite ambitious though. But there are seemingly more shortcuts taken than strides made, which is along the lines of what I expected. The question is how much of the time they save is used on improving the quality of the game, vs being as cost efficient as possible.
That's what in the end can separate this game from the ambition of something like KH3 or BBS, imo.

It can still be fun either way though. But if it's $60, that's going to be a tough sell for me.
At least the Persona rythm games went in the opposite direction with fidelity.

Kingdom Hearts 3

Melody of Memory

Looks like it stepped back a couple of generations.

Persona 5

Persona 5 Dancing In Starlight

While in the Persona rythm games, the character models have been improved significantly.

Last edited by Hiku - on 17 June 2020