By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 could see even more 3rd party exclusives than PS4

2021 June Update

Bold = full exclusive

Bold, italic = console exclusive

Underline = timed console exclusive

Square Enix:

1. FF7R+Integrade (??)
  2. FF16
  3. Project Athia ( 2 years)
  4. Babylon

Capcom : ??

Atlus:

1. Aegis 13 Sentinels
  2. Persona 25th anniversary project
  3. RE fantasy

Bethesda:

1. Deathloop (1 year)
  2. Ghostwire Tokyo (1 year)

Konami:

1. Silent Hill
  2. MGS Remake (Bluepoint)

Cygames:

1. Gran Blue Fantasy
  2. Project Awakening

Tecmo:

1. Team Ninja game
  2. Nioh 1/2 PS5

1. rumoured game

Arcs System Works

1. Guilt Gear Strive

SEGA

1. VF5

SIE 1st Party Collabs (many of these are rumoured so take with a grain of salt)

1. Arrowhead AAA
  2. FROM SOFTWARE Bloodborne Remastered
  3. Media Vision Wild Arms
  4. Kojima VR title (PT like)
  5. Firesprite (ex-Wipeout devs)
  6. Firewalk (ex-Bungie devs)
  7. Haven (ex-Ubisoft veterans AC1-3, BGE)
  8. Remedy
  9. Deviation (ex-Treyarch BO1-2)

3rd party:

• 17 JP games
  • 1 Western game

1st party collabs:

• 3 JP studios
  • 6 Western studios

Full exclusives: 18

Console exclusives: 4

Timed Console exclusives: 4

Sony have massively invested in new studios headed by very talented veteran teams.

Around the Network

we see 100% more exclusives and many strong suprises of the next sony conference, tokyo games show and playstation experience! =)

Another 2 third party exclusive or timed:

KOTOR Remake - Aspyr
Project EVE - Shift Up

Also Firesprite, who I previously had down as making an exclusive have been acquired by Sony.

Star Ocean 6 seemingly PS4/5 exclusive

Square Enix:

1. FF7R
2. FF16
3. Forspoken
4. Babylons Fall
5. Star Ocean 6

5 exclusives in some form already. I think KH, Nier and maybe even a DQ spinoff might become PS exclusive in some form now.

src said:

Square Enix:

1. FF7R
2. FF16
3. Forspoken
4. Babylons Fall
5. Star Ocean 6

5 exclusives in some form already. I think KH, Nier and maybe even a DQ spinoff might become PS exclusive in some form now.

FF14 online is also a console exclusive to Playstation from SE. 

Around the Network
src said:

Square Enix:

1. FF7R
2. FF16
3. Forspoken
4. Babylons Fall
5. Star Ocean 6

It's also coming to PC, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S. Also the only exclusive you listed is FF7R. The rest are also going to PC, so that makes them multiplats.

PC makes them console exclusive. Many are also timed exclusive. Yeah saw the update SO6 coming to Xbox as well. Looks like Sony only picks the games they like to be exclusive (FF Origin is also multiplat).

src said:

PC makes them console exclusive. Many are also timed exclusive. Yeah saw the update SO6 coming to Xbox as well. Looks like Sony only picks the games they like to be exclusive (FF Origin is also multiplat).

I never liked the term "console exclusive". It's either exclusive or it isn't. Exclusive means one platform. If it's more than one platform that makes it multiplatform. Heck, even games only on PS4/PS5 makes the game multiplat since it's on two platforms. 

Sogreblute said:
src said:

I never liked the term "console exclusive". It's either exclusive or it isn't. Exclusive means one platform. If it's more than one platform that makes it multiplatform. Heck, even games only on PS4/PS5 makes the game multiplat since it's on two platforms. 

I dont see an issue with the term console exclusive. It makes sense and has meaning, much like the term Timed exclusive. With your logic, a timed exclusive isn't an exclusive either, knowing its coming to other platforms later.

src said:

Well, isn't this how exclusivity works? After FF16 and Forspoken, SO6 doesn't provide Sony with any real platform advantage. Probably too much overlap with FF16 and Forspoken, the former being more recognisable and the latter being possibly more commercially viable. 

But I think that is also good for SO as a brand... probably needs more widespread access. 

Sogreblute said:
src said:

The modification to 'exclusive' seems pretty straight forward to me. 'console', 'VR', 'timed' etc etc all modify 'exclusive' to specify what kind of exclusive the game is.