Forums - Gaming Discussion - Playstation 5 " Future of Gaming ", June 11 Official Games Reveal/Streaming Thread - PS5 hardware revealed, includes standard and digital editions, PS new motto : "Play Has No Limit "

Are you ready for PS5

I am so Ready 16 51.61%

I am always ready 6 19.35%

Not yet, PS4 still has greatness 3 9.68%

My wallet are not ready 6 19.35%

Total:31

PS fan and PS4 Pro owner here.

The console design didn't please me. I rarely like white devices and this one reminds me of a fancy living room fan. I still quite don't like the dualsense either.

The list of games is solid tho. A good bunch of many genres, but I admit that I'm not really excited for any of that. Perhaps only new Horizon and GT7 to a certain degree.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

Around the Network
Decker said:

Demons souls was the highlight for me absolutely.

Where you found those , holy fucking shit ..

Dat looks goooood!

EnricoPallazzo said:
Was I the only one noticing there was no mention on backward compatibility and a very strong focus on "next generation" in the final speech?

Not sure what you are implying but this means literally nothing.

They emphasized PS5 experiences because that is what's going to sell the PS5, not PS4 games.

These comparison shots...

Original

Remake

Original

Remake

Just watched a bunch of pics and videos in the first page of the thread.
That sci-fi helmet-shaped case is a sexy cold-blooded killer.
Project Athia is impressive.
GT7 very impressive.
Godfall graphically impressive, but not my fav action RPG style.
GTA V on 10th gen too and 300M copies sold by 2030 confirmed?

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network
Hiku said:

Original

Remake

Original

Remake

... Wow :o Bluepoint are so fucking amazing at what they do!

haxxiy said:
Did you guys know the games actually showcased the 3D audio Cerny was so excited about?

Yeah, me neither. But now you know, and might re-watch GT7 and Ratchet with that in mind for the full effect.

Honestly, it's nothing to the extent Cerny's PR speech would have led you to believe. Think a good stereo mix with some binaural effects here and there.

It wasn't PR.  

https://youtu.be/hmI9-l3a6FM

3D audio is pretty darn good when it works.  

Just for some reason, it doesn't really seem like it was here. Despite the blog announcement saying that it would be.  So I don't know if the games just didn't really have it implemented despite the promise, or something else.  

Hiku said:

Original

Remake

Original

Remake

During the stream, there were only a couple moments where I honestly felt like this was next gen.  

I really wish they showed more of this, because this would have easily been one of those moments for me.  

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Decker said:

Demons souls was the highlight for me absolutely.

Where you found those , holy fucking shit ..

Dat looks goooood!

WOW! It's a real proper remake, amazing, need to play it. If it is a PS5 exclusive, with no release for PS4, this will bring a few million PS5 units sales from Dark SOuls fans

the-pi-guy said:
haxxiy said:
Did you guys know the games actually showcased the 3D audio Cerny was so excited about?

Yeah, me neither. But now you know, and might re-watch GT7 and Ratchet with that in mind for the full effect.

Honestly, it's nothing to the extent Cerny's PR speech would have led you to believe. Think a good stereo mix with some binaural effects here and there.

It wasn't PR.  

https://youtu.be/hmI9-l3a6FM

3D audio is pretty darn good when it works.  

Just for some reason, it doesn't really seem like it was here. Despite the blog announcement saying that it would be.  So I don't know if the games just didn't really have it implemented despite the promise, or something else.  

I have seen that demo before. Like I said, binaural audio with some good mix as Dolby Atmos has been doing for ages.

Although, obviously, if the sound chip can be used to incentive developers to use more sources, that'll be great already. But I just don't think many third parties will bother and will do everything in the CPU with whatever thread there is to spare.