Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last of Us Part II - Review Thread (MC: 93 / OC: 93)

Tagged games:

TLoU2 is now only 3 games ahead of the 93 score mark.

Around the Network
Jaicee said:

Erm, I was under the impression that a full month in, everyone knew this stuff by now. Sorry.

One month is still so early for a game xP

Elli and Joel are one of the best characters in the gaming-world, again :) TLOU2 is so dark and wonderful.

Game of the Year 2020: Ghost of Tsushima, Persona 5 Royal or The Last of Us 2 ?!

wombat123 said:
JWeinCom said:
It's a little frustrating. Seems like there's a lot to love, but the most common complaint is the combat. I don't know why Nintendo feels like they have to reinvent the wheel each time when they have a perfectly good system collecting dust.

I thought it was because they wanted to avoid the risk of cannibalizing sales between the Mario & Luigi and Paper Mario series since both were starting to make appearances on the same platforms.  I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo went back to making Paper Mario a traditional JRPG if the Mario & Luigi series is truly dead following AlphaDream's demise.

BraLoD said:

Might be a silly question but how do you guys find out if a game is on the higher or lower spectrum of its current score in metacritic? I kinda wanna see where ghost of tsushima is currently at. 

J3MD313 said:
wombat123 said:

I thought it was because they wanted to avoid the risk of cannibalizing sales between the Mario & Luigi and Paper Mario series since both were starting to make appearances on the same platforms.  I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo went back to making Paper Mario a traditional JRPG if the Mario & Luigi series is truly dead following AlphaDream's demise.

BraLoD said:

Might be a silly question but how do you guys find out if a game is on the higher or lower spectrum of its current score in metacritic? I kinda wanna see where ghost of tsushima is currently at. 

When you are on the game page you have some options on the right, you can click on one that say something like "all time high scores".

It'll be filtered by the platform of the game you are looking at, then you just change the filter from PS4 to All Platforms, and start looking for it.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:

I don't know how ratings are calculated in metacritic, but if it's based on average then TLOU2 is currectly at 93.5. If it gets anything less than a 92 it'll drop to 93.49 which i'm guessing is gonna be considered 93, dunno though. 

icykai said:
BraLoD said:

I don't know how ratings are calculated in metacritic, but if it's based on average then TLOU2 is currectly at 93.5. If it gets anything less than a 92 it'll drop to 93.49 which i'm guessing is gonna be considered 93, dunno though. 

Metacritic has weighted scores, so we never know where their average is xD

But yeah, it's really close to 93 regardless.

The game received another 100/100 today.

Also it seems (if is not confirmed already) that the game will receive an update adding a grounded mode (just like part I) and a permadeath mode (once you die you will start the game according to rumours).

But in a couple of hours/days we will see some confirmation.

Not sure I want to go through Ground Zero in Grounded and perma death. Especially the boss.
That would probably be too much.

And yes Im aware you dont need to do both grounded and perma death at once.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

BraLoD said:
Carl said:
Finally got the platinum. Some of those collectibles are really well hidden.

It'll be a long, long time before I pick this up again.

Did you miss many into your first playthrough?

I got 90% of the collectibles on the first run, with 80% of the parts and meds, which was almost what was possible. And I know you didn`t ask me =p

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994