Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last of Us Part II - Review Thread (MC: 94 / OC: 94)

Tagged games:

KratosLives said:
Neil druckmann may be right. What an amzing game, amazing ending! Just finished it, it may have just topped the first game.

Did you enjoy the sex scene?

Around the Network
John2290 said:
BraLoD said:

This shit is getting old now. Really.

No, it really isn't. This is one of the most facinating things to happen to video games in years ans it'a going to be great to see where it levels out and how this will effect the big first party exclusives that are now in the early stages or on the drawing board. 

This won't affect anything at all.

It's a great game, with great reviews, and that is selling great.

There is nothing bad happening that have any effect on how ND or Sony does anything, at all.

This massive overreaction to nothing is really getting old, yes it is.

Next month GoT is there for another success, then the PS5, and things will follow as they are supposed to.

Calm down, you don't need to overreact to all videos you see, really.

KLAMarine said:
KratosLives said:
Neil druckmann may be right. What an amzing game, amazing ending! Just finished it, it may have just topped the first game.

What fucking weird question.

Just got a 70.

And I agree, it's not uncommon to reach to reviewers who criticized your product to get a more in depth explanation.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
KLAMarine said:

That makes it an interesting question...

How about you? Did you enjoy the sex scene?

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

That makes it an interesting question...

How about you? Did you enjoy the sex scene?

Looking at it i felt like i was invading on their privacy :P

I cringed a bit with the way it happened,would have liked to see something more loving instead of that.(something with more care for eachother)

After finally beating this game I'd give it a 8/10, perhaps a little generous but the highs were enough for me to get over the lows and still enjoy the overall experience.

I find it interesting how the initial reviews for this game all gave very high scores but the later ones haven't been so complimentary, to my memory I've not seen anything quite like this before.

JustThatGamer said:
After finally beating this game I'd give it a 8/10, perhaps a little generous but the highs were enough for me to get over the lows and still enjoy the overall experience.

I find it interesting how the initial reviews for this game all gave very high scores but the later ones haven't been so complimentary, to my memory I've not seen anything quite like this before.

Games getting lower scores later on has happened before. On top of that, it has a 94 based on 111 counted reviews (a mere two points since release day and and an enormously high score). I'm not sure what people are looking for at this point, but the narrative surrounding the game has really reached the point of "silly" now. 

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 01 July 2020

CGI-Quality said:
JustThatGamer said:

Games getting lower scores later on has happened before. On top of that, it has a 94 based on 111 counted reviews (a mere two points since release day and and an enormously high score). I'm not sure what people are looking for at this point, but the narrative surrounding the game have really reached the point of "silly" now. 

So ppl aren't allowed to find the game bad now cause you said so ? There are plenty of reasons to find it wierd that reviewers tought this was the "Shindler's list of videogames" and a lot of ppl playing ti aren't at all seeing the paralel. Also the games defenders are super keen to lable anyone saying the story is just bad as a bigot. The Dina Ellie relation was one of the best parts in the game, but it gets completly swamped by so many things going wrong you barely even remember it was there.

Last edited by DakonBlackblade - on 01 July 2020

DakonBlackblade said:
CGI-Quality said:

Games getting lower scores later on has happened before. On top of that, it has a 94 based on 111 counted reviews (a mere two points since release day and and an enormously high score). I'm not sure what people are looking for at this point, but the narrative surrounding the game have really reached the point of "silly" now. 

So ppl aren't allowed to find the game bad now cause you said so ? There are plenty of reasons to find it wierd that reviewers tought this was the "Shindler's list of videogames" and a lot of ppl playing ti aren't at all seeing the paralel. Also the games defenders are super keen to lable anyone saying the story is just bad as a bigot. The Dina Ellie relation was one of the best parts in the game, but it gets completly swamped by so many things going wrong you barely even remember it was there.

The majority of people who actually played the game enjoyed it, hence good scores.

The other stuff is a shit show about politics and how story is crap is way overblown. Criticism is criticism but you hardly ever people criticizing ever find anything OTHER than the story (which to be fair should have seen coming from watching the initial trailers) to discount the game or how SWJ the director is. What about the gameplay, music, graphics and looking at it as an entirety or whole package. Its a high quality and extremely well polished game with 20-30 hour of game time.

So yeah a good game gets a good score. I can see the criticisms about the story but honestly thought it was decent. Not as good as the first but serviceable and has good gameplay and is fun to play.

Last edited by hinch - on 01 July 2020