By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last of Us Part II - Review Thread (MC: 93 / OC: 93)

Tagged games:

DonFerrari said:
KLAMarine said:

I'm not calling myself an accomplished writer. Aspiring = humility.

Not really, it is just that you can't really call yourself professional if you can't sustain yourself with that work. Being professional doesn't mean you are better or worse than an amateur on technique or similar, but means you can earn your keep.

The way you wrote was very far from humble actually, it was just very disrespectful.

If I was one that didn't like the elements or the story of TLOU2 the way I would phrase that (since I also write, have 3 books finished) would be "The story in TLOU2 had a line that is very different than what I aspire to do so I could use it as template of what elements I don't want to follow because I want to write about hope, luck, fortune" or whatever else you want to mean.

The way you wrote is just what I use to the first company I worked at "There I learnt all I needed to make a company thrive, by doing the opposite of what they did". Do that looks humble or disrespectful? And in this case the company had a very big revenue but still wasn`t able to pay me, they usually where down 3 months behind, so yes their management was dreadfull.

"Not really, it is just that you can't really call yourself professional if you can't sustain yourself with that work."

>Hence I don't call myself professional.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
KLAMarine said:

On the contrary, this whole debacle makes me more interested. As an aspiring writer, I want to dissect this story and pin-point what went wrong and learn what NOT to do when writing a story.

You'll likely keep looking forever, as you'll not find it.

Funny to know you aspire to write and yet don't understand why something happens when you have a cutscene displaying it directly for you.

You should really keep looking, by that point of view, you'll likely learn a lot of what to do instead of what not to do, it'll actually do you well.

Keep the good fight!

"Funny to know you aspire to write and yet don't understand why something happens when you have a cutscene displaying it directly for you."

>elaborate with examples, please.

I really hope ND can deliver more of these debacles in the future :)

KLAMarine said:
Replicant said:

It's common knowledge that you never had any interest in this game to begin with.

Let it go man. Move on with your life. There are more important battles to fight.

On the contrary, this whole debacle makes me more interested. As an aspiring writer, I want to dissect this story and pin-point what went wrong and learn what NOT to do when writing a story.

Nothing went wrong story wise . You think halley grossman is an amateur writer? have you seen her credentials?  I don't think you went in with the right perspective frame of mind.  Why do you think there are people who love it and hate it?  Why are there people who hated it initially, then loved it.  it's all psychological, your mind needs a bit of fine tuning in the right direction to really appreciate this game. 

BraLoD said:
KLAMarine said:

"Funny to know you aspire to write and yet don't understand why something happens when you have a cutscene displaying it directly for you."

>elaborate with examples, please.

Spoiler!
You were confused why Ellie was mad with Joel after she said in an earlier cutscene that they were done for after discovering he lied for her for years and choose to kill her change of being the cure to the world.

You were also very focused in hammering a sex scene between two people that loved each other for years and were kept apart while revenge was consuming one of them.

As a bonus unrelated to your question but very important for the mattter, you were just recommending someone to sell a game you never played and are keeping a thread of a game you don't like alive just to spread your agenda over it.

You clearly can't either comprehend what the game laid in front of your eyes neither that you have a clear set mind against it, yet you wanna criticize other people writing skills while trying to be a writer yourself, with zero respect and understanding of their work.

Spoiler!
You were confused why Ellie was mad with Joel after she said in an earlier cutscene that they were done for after discovering he lied for her for years and choose to kill her change of being the cure to the world.

No, I'm aware the game provides an explanation. The problem is I don't buy the explanation given. I don't find it believable that

Spoiler!

Ellie would be that angry at Joel over him saving her life. I recall Ellie having abandonment issues in the first game (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Csw8G6yruE), I'd have expected Ellie would be somewhat elated Joel refused to abandon her on the surgery table.

KratosLives said:
KLAMarine said:

Nothing went wrong story wise . You think halley grossman is an amateur writer? have you seen her credentials?  I don't think you went in with the right perspective frame of mind.  Why do you think there are people who love it and hate it?  Why are there people who hated it initially, then loved it.  it's all psychological, your mind needs a bit of fine tuning in the right direction to really appreciate this game. 

"You think halley grossman is an amateur writer? have you seen her credentials?"

>Oh gee, guess that must mean she can do no wrong.

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:
BraLoD said:
Spoiler!

You were also very focused in hammering a sex scene between two people that loved each other for years and were kept apart while revenge was consuming one of them.

As a bonus unrelated to your question but very important for the mattter, you were just recommending someone to sell a game you never played and are keeping a thread of a game you don't like alive just to spread your agenda over it.

You clearly can't either comprehend what the game laid in front of your eyes neither that you have a clear set mind against it, yet you wanna criticize other people writing skills while trying to be a writer yourself, with zero respect and understanding of their work.

Spoiler!

No, I'm aware the game provides an explanation. The problem is I don't buy the explanation given. I don't find it believable that

Spoiler!

Ellie would be that angry at Joel over him saving her life. I recall Ellie having abandonment issues in the first game (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Csw8G6yruE), I'd have expected Ellie would be somewhat elated Joel refused to abandon her on the surgery table.

KratosLives said:

"You think halley grossman is an amateur writer? have you seen her credentials?"

Oh gee, I guess you can do no wrong.

KLAMarine said:
BraLoD said:
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

KratosLives said:

You not buying or not agreeing means nill, she wasn't angry to be saved but to be lied and that he chose to sacrifice the whole world and killed doctors to rescue her and that she prefered to die to save the rest, and she was already suspicious in TLOU1.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Hope it wins the prestigious Game of The Year award at The Game Awards.

Last edited by Dahum - on 05 September 2020

BraLoD said:
DonFerrari said:

You not buying or not agreeing means nill, she wasn't angry to be saved but to be lied and that he chose to sacrifice the whole world and killed doctors to rescue her and that she prefered to die to save the rest, and she was already suspicious in TLOU1.

I've been saying this for years, here too.

The reaction in the expression on Ellie's face on the PS3 was still the most impressively realist scene on any game ever until TLoU2.

It was clear Ellie never believed him, it was only natural she would confront him to know the truth and absolutely hate what he did, including lying to her.

And not to forget that from the day TLOU launched we saw people saying the sequel would be about Ellie discovering and running away or killing Joel.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

BraLoD said:
The game received a 75 and finally dropped to 93.
Forget 94, I was right in the end! xD

Now to all the true winners of the predictions, including me, the proper kudos too.
@BraLoD @drbunnig @Mummelmann @Eric2048 @coolharry @irvingeleniak

Also as a side not, the predictions average have also turned out to being right now.

Haters showing up 2 months later?