Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last of Us Part II - Review Thread (MC: 94 / OC: 94)

Tagged games:

DonFerrari said:
John2290 said:

So we can only imagine it would be less in reality if you cut the 4 thousand off who 5 stared it before release. I gotta wonder though if this isn't something Sony does preemtively cause who the hell would rate a game before release. Maybe a few dozen embeciles but thousands, idk man. 

Don't think so, people were also able to give lower scores prior to launch and considering for how long it was for pre-order perhaps many done that before cancelling their pre-order.

Nah, I seen it the day before release when I was buying it for preload, it had between 4 and 5k ratings at 5 full stars. 

China Numba wan!!

Around the Network
John2290 said:
DonFerrari said:

Don't think so, people were also able to give lower scores prior to launch and considering for how long it was for pre-order perhaps many done that before cancelling their pre-order.

Nah, I seen it the day before release when I was buying it for preload, it had between 4 and 5k ratings at 5 full stars. 

And how many weren't 5 star?

Because if Sony do this type of thing it is quite possible that they will get sued.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

John2290 said:
J3MD313 said:

Right on man. 

Its ironic how some people call foul when being accused of bias for repeatedly trashing one of the biggest and highest rated playstation exclusive this year and pulls out the I'm entitled to my opinion card.

Yet same crowd suspects bias if you so happen to have a opinion liking most playstation exclusive games. 

I for one find God of war to be a bit overrated but the difference is I don't repeatedly go to every God of war related discussion on the internet just to tell people my dislike for the game over and over again. 

God of war is a masterpiece and highly underrated, it's not the games fault, it's YOU that is the problem.  

The last of US 2 is a masterpiece and highly underrated, its not the games Gault , its you that is the problem

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
John2290 said:

God of war is a masterpiece and highly underrated, it's not the games fault, it's YOU that is the problem.  

The last of US 2 is a masterpiece and highly underrated, its not the games Gault , its you that is the problem

My point exactly.

China Numba wan!!

John2290 said:
J3MD313 said:

Right on man. 

Its ironic how some people call foul when being accused of bias for repeatedly trashing one of the biggest and highest rated playstation exclusive this year and pulls out the I'm entitled to my opinion card.

Yet same crowd suspects bias if you so happen to have a opinion liking most playstation exclusive games. 

I for one find God of war to be a bit overrated but the difference is I don't repeatedly go to every God of war related discussion on the internet just to tell people my dislike for the game over and over again. 

How is God of War 2018 underrated? 
is the only videogame that actually beat a Rockstar game nominated for GOTY at Spike VGA and Now VGX.

-2004 GTA San Andreas Won

- 2008 GTA IV Won 

- 2010 RDR Won

- 2013 GTA V Won (yeah, the same year when TLOU released)

- 2018 GOW beating RDR2, a game highly praised but imo lower quality than RDR, and still GOW achieved more GOTY awards.

As for TLOU part II the hate campaign is really shameless, never seen such campaign against a videogame before, the point is clear when you see a lot of non regulars into the Sony forum especially in this thread. 

I understand plenty didn’t like it but mainly because they put too much emotion on it, at the end is just a video game nothing else.

Around the Network
kazuyamishima said:
John2290 said:

How is God of War 2018 underrated? 
is the only videogame that actually beat a Rockstar game nominated for GOTY at Spike VGA and Now VGX.

-2004 GTA San Andreas Won

- 2008 GTA IV Won 

- 2010 RDR Won

- 2013 GTA V Won (yeah, the same year when TLOU released)

- 2018 GOW beating RDR2, a game highly praised but imo lower quality than RDR, and still GOW achieved more GOTY awards.

As for TLOU part II the hate campaign is really shameless, never seen such campaign against a videogame before, the point is clear when you see a lot of non regulars into the Sony forum especially in this thread. 

I understand plenty didn’t like it but mainly because they put too much emotion on it, at the end is just a video game nothing else.

The point I was trying to make is anything can be overrated (or underrated). It's all perspective. 

China Numba wan!!

If you're going to buy reviews from a meat bot farm make sure you vet the bot farms work. Some of these are embarrassingly bad, we got...

Luca123457 https://www.metacritic.com/user/Luca1234567

196099820403021 https://www.metacritic.com/user/196099820403021

Kevin12344321 https://www.metacritic.com/user/Kevin12344321

All with one TLoU2 review and if i was here listing all I've found it'd be a dozens long list, the hard part is matching them up and finding the repeated usernames, I've found them already and matched a few but MC seem to have put filtered by date searches on random now that, so it's next to impossible now that i want to take note and i suppose that's the smart move to make it seem like reds are still coming in when they are actually blocked and also to avoid people noticing the bots names in case they are posting to fast. Sony will buy their way up to a yellow 5 and leave it at that, I'd assume. I guess that's how integral this IP is to Sony but the damage is done, they can pull back the score all they want and even change the narrative online but the damage is done, Players have bought the game and aren't just brain dead zombies who follow what people say online. They should leave well enough alone cause it's not a bad game that will get them, it's the trust they have eroded with deceptive marketing and what not. 

China Numba wan!!

Okay, I've finished the game. They had us in the first half, not gonna lie.

Great things:
-Graphics
-Gameplay

Meh things:
-Memories

Terrible things:
-Story about halfway through was like watching a plane crash and then another plane crashing into the crashed plane.

I'm actually terribly shocked at how much praise this game has received having finished it myself. Story is such an integral part of a game and I'm just left with a bad taste in my mouth.

On to Hitman 2 I guess - thanks Steam summer sale.

Head of Xbox Phil Spencer responded to the tweet congratulating Naughty Dog on the success of the game. "Congrats to you and the team on the success with a really great game," said Spencer.

"The Last of Us 2" is also number 1 in the second week of the UK. It has set a new year record in Germany and the UK. In total, over 4 million units were sold within 3 days! The game also has strong sales in Japan. Wonderful to see how popular single player games are! The developers thanked all players.

The Last of Us 2, so beautiful <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dowuwdxzblM

OhNoYouDont said:

Okay, I've finished the game. They had us in the first half, not gonna lie.

Great things:
-Graphics
-Gameplay

Meh things:
-Memories

Terrible things:
-Story about halfway through was like watching a plane crash and then another plane crashing into the crashed plane.

I'm actually terribly shocked at how much praise this game has received having finished it myself. Story is such an integral part of a game and I'm just left with a bad taste in my mouth.

On to Hitman 2 I guess - thanks Steam summer sale.

I'm sorry you didn't like the second part. For me it made perfect sense. And I was perfectly ready to hate because of the SJW agenda and leaks.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994