By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last of Us Part II - Review Thread (MC: 93 / OC: 93)

Tagged games:

couchmonkey said:
The best part of TLOU2 is the reviews!

Anguish over “is it 9.4 or 9.6” - 9/10
Review bombing - 10/10
Political outrage- 10/10
GOTY / best ever declarations - 10/10

Overall, this thread was a great overview of the proceedings, better than any one review. 10/10, best review show ever!

I don't disagree. It was entertaining, and then some!

BraLoD said:

Seems like the score here has settled on 94.

So kudos to @HollyGamer, @JRPGfan, @sales2099, @hinch and @COKTOE for predicting the right score!

Woo one of a few predictions I actually got right this gen! Well deserved score for a superb game.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
hinch said:

I don't disagree. It was entertaining, and then some!

Woo one of a few predictions I actually got right this gen! Well deserved score for a superb game.

I was so close to being right xD

Yeah a couple more 80's or low 90's and you probably would have been right lol. At least we were in the same ballpark.

Way overestimated on GoT, which to be fair looks like a great game.

If tlou2 doesn't win game of year I'd be perplexed.

BraLoD said:
KratosLives said:
If tlou2 doesn't win game of year I'd be perplexed.

GoT is also already a strong contender.

I would say Ghost of Tsushima is a shoe-in if Cyberpunk 2077 gets delayed again. Regardless of anyone's personal opinion on TLOU2, it was a divisive game. Ghost of Tsushima has had glowing praise from gamers and reviewers alike, and Cyberpunk is poised to take the crown if it can deliver Witcher-3-tier content again.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Azuren said:
BraLoD said:

GoT is also already a strong contender.

I would say Ghost of Tsushima is a shoe-in if Cyberpunk 2077 gets delayed again. Regardless of anyone's personal opinion on TLOU2, it was a divisive game. Ghost of Tsushima has had glowing praise from gamers and reviewers alike, and Cyberpunk is poised to take the crown if it can deliver Witcher-3-tier content again.

Ghost has a shonky camera, terrible AI, glitches and a combat system that needs reworking. Tlou2 kills it in every department. There is soo much detail in that game it's insane also the tiny details, never been done before,  that to many have gone unnoticed  that even kojima would be proud of. Tlou2 was decisive because of peoples expectations and emotional attachment to a certain character. Those who understood what "thelastofus" theme and nature of the world represents, went on to love the game. 

Around the Network

The Last of Us Part II SHOULD win Game of the Year awards, but it won't because if it did, 90% of the gaming population would riot in the streets and burn down Naughty Dog headquarters brandishing placards comparing...

Spoiler!
...Joel's death at the hands of Neil Druckmann...

...to that of George Floyd at the hands of the Minneapolis police. To judge by the behavior we've seen this summer so far, most gamers demonstrably consider the former more serious. and I'm not exaggerating.

Like others are saying, Cyberpunk 2077 will win the Game of the Year awards instead for being the most popular game. That's not the same thing as artistic merit in my mind, but I think popularity is more likely to carry the day than a serious evaluation of merit. The Last of Us Part II will more likely win the "Biggest Disappointment of 2020" awards. It definitely will here on VGC.

Last edited by Jaicee - on 22 August 2020

Jaicee said:

Spoiler!

The Last of Us Part II SHOULD win Game of the Year awards, but it won't because if it did, 90% of the gaming population would riot in the streets and burn down Naughty Dog headquarters brandishing placards comparing Joel's death at the hands of Neil Druckmann to that of George Floyd at the hands of the Minneapolis police. To judge by the behavior we've seen this summer so far, most gamers demonstrably consider the former more serious. and I'm not exaggerating.

Like others are saying, Cyberpunk 2077 will win the Game of the Year awards instead for being the most popular game. That's not the same thing as artistic merit in my mind, but I think popularity is more likely to carry the day than a serious evaluation of merit. The Last of Us Part II will more likely win the "Biggest Disappointment of 2020" awards. It definitely will here on VGC.

You're awake early. Or up late. Good morning! I'd wish @BraLoD a good morning too, but I don't understand how time works in Brazil.

Last edited by COKTOE - on 22 August 2020

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

The whole “cyberpunk 2077 will win Goty 2020” Thing reminds Me of all of those enthusiastic fans of RDR2 back in 2018 when all were saying that game would win goty 2018 no matter what.

In the case of TLOU part II ,the game was “divisive” only on those gamers who didn’t liked some decisions on the story or the ones that wanted to play the game but got brainwashed by those who didn’t like it.

As for the critics the game only received 8 “average” scores according to MC but also became the PS game with most 10/10 scores, YEAH even surpassing the mighty GOW (a masterpiece).

It amused me that every day, gamers are finding new details in the game.

Just look at the level of details after the explosions when somebody put 300 mine Bombs in one area:

https://youtu.be/DrC8Co16yiw

COKTOE said:

You're awake early. Or up late. Good morning! I'd wish @BraLoD a good morning too, but I don't understand how time works in Brazil.

I never sleep hardly. Good morning I guess.

BraLoD said:
@Jaicee can you please add a spoiler tag into your post?
Let's please not ruin the game for other people, it's still only 2 months old.

@COKTOE can you do it too? Like I did into my reply to you?
Spoiler!
Done!