By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last of Us Part II - Review Thread (MC: 93 / OC: 93)

Tagged games:

95 for me

Around the Network

EnricoPallazzo said:
DonFerrari said:

Have no idea why no critics will be allowed to go lower than 9. I would bet we are going to see some troll reviews on the 60 or even lower.

Because of the themes included in the game. No reviewer will want to have his name spearing on twitter giving a low score for a game with such themes and being chased by cancel culture mob. The same thing happens with movies. 

TLOU DLC and UC4 DLC both would fall in what you want to put on "such themes" and still...

Left Behind metacritic 88, so even the average was lower than 90 (7 points lower than TLOU)

Lost Legacy metacritic 84, even lower (9 points lower than UC4)

The reason TLOU and UC4 got great scores were becaue they were great games, and the DLC while great and even having more content than several full AAA games while being cheapter "standalone DLCs" aren't on the same scope and have much more focus on themes that progressivism like still that didn't prevent the score to take a big deduction.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
EnricoPallazzo said:
96 Metacritic
85 User

Critics won't be allowed to give a lower than 9.0 for this game even if they wanted to.

Have no idea why no critics will be allowed to go lower than 9. I would bet we are going to see some troll reviews on the 60 or even lower.

I agree. I don't get this freedom of the press thing. 9 should be the mandatory minimum. 

Anyways, I'm going to say 95. Though, I think if this was as fresh as the original game, it would probably score a 96, maybe even a 97. Looks like the combat is better in every way, plus the AI might work as intended more consistently. And everyone's a sucker for longer titles, which this appears to be much longer. Alas, it's not worth pondering such theoretical notions. I still think 96 is possible though, even a 97. 

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
EnricoPallazzo said:

Because of the themes included in the game. No reviewer will want to have his name spearing on twitter giving a low score for a game with such themes and being chased by cancel culture mob. The same thing happens with movies. 

TLOU DLC and UC4 DLC both would fall in what you want to put on "such themes" and still...

Left Behind metacritic 88, so even the average was lower than 90 (7 points lower than TLOU)

The reason TLOU and UC4 got great scores were becaue they were great games, and the DLC while great and even having more content than several full AAA games while being cheapter "standalone DLCs" aren't on the same scope and have much more focus on themes that progressivism like still that didn't prevent the score to take a big deduction.

They were DLC's and usually DLC's always get a lower score anyway so it would never generate the controversy that a full game would generate. Also I see no controversy with the lost legacy, it's just a girl power DLC just like FFX-2.

TLOU and UC4 were definitely great games and deserve every praise they had, although looking in retrospect I have a few things in UC4 that today would make me bring the score a little bit lower. TLOU may be top 5 or even top 3 for me all time and I wish I could erase my memory to play it again.

Anyway, considering the themes of the game, the leakage, everything is happening in the world right now (hell even Gone With the Wind got cancelled) I don't think any critic would give a score lower than 9 even if they wanted to. We shall see.

EnricoPallazzo said:
DonFerrari said:

They were DLC's and usually DLC's always get a lower score anyway so it would never generate the controversy that a full game would generate. Also I see no controversy with the lost legacy, it's just a girl power DLC just like FFX-2.

TLOU and UC4 were definitely great games and deserve every praise they had, although looking in retrospect I have a few things in UC4 that today would make me bring the score a little bit lower. TLOU may be top 5 or even top 3 for me all time and I wish I could erase my memory to play it again.

Anyway, considering the themes of the game, the leakage, everything is happening in the world right now (hell even Gone With the Wind got cancelled) I don't think any critic would give a score lower than 9 even if they wanted to. We shall see.

Did you skip the relationship part on Left Behind? It started as DLC but both became standalone. Unless you are talking about it being digital only or cheaper so the score would be lower (still we have digital only games that done good scores).

Do you want to bet that there will be at least one review below 90?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Probably in the 90s from reviewers, but users will try to demolish it unless Metacritic stops them, on the other hand.

I am predicting a 97-98.

I'll go with 95