By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last of Us Part II - Review Thread (MC: 93 / OC: 93)

Tagged games:

Spoiler!
My wife is still attached with joel and could't forgive/empathise with abby. At the end of it was was content and felt sorry for abby in the end scene, but said the first is still her fav, and misses joel .I on the other hand was able to accept abby and her actions. Love it. I guess it's all about how one interprets the game world, the chracters and past actions and setting them selves up for expectations. I liked joel in the first game but his actions at the end had me perplexed. I knew what was coming.
Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 08 July 2020

Around the Network
KratosLives said:
My wife is still attached with joel and could't forgive/empathise with abby. At the end of it was was content and felt sorry for abby in the end scene, but said the first is still her fav, and misses joel .I on the other hand was able to accept abby and her actions. Love it. I guess it's all about how one interprets the game world, the chracters and past actions and setting them selves up for expectations. I liked joel in the first game but his actions at the end had me perplexed. I knew what was coming.

Perhaps your wife can better emphatize with someone that killed to protect the person he took for a daugther in his feelings more than she can with revenge for the loss of a father figure.

World is set that a loss of a son/daugther is much bigger emotional loss than lose of a father/mother because the circle of life have that our parents die before us and say that nothing is sadder than a father buring his son.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

KratosLives said:

What was perplexing about it? Joel saved his surrogate daughter, someone he grew to deeply care for.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
KLAMarine said:

What was perplexing about it? Joel saved his surrogate daughter, someone he grew to deeply care for.

Peanuts, he just murdered like 70 fireflies, killed the doctor that was saving the human race in cold blood and murdered the fireflies leader , not perplexing just normal behavior.

But in the last of US 2? Did you Saw that fucking sex scene? My jaw hot the floor bruh i was perplexed, just wow, how dare they to do it!

"Peanuts, he just murdered like 70 fireflies"

>I don't recall it being that many...

"killed the doctor that was saving the human race in cold blood"

>The doctor that was trying to kill Ellie and there was no guarantee the research would have lead to anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5ulX06McSY

By the way, have the fireflies never heard of a biopsy? Surely, if it's a mutation they're interested in studying, they don't need a massive sample: DNA can be extracted from simply swabbing the inside of your cheek for example.

Here's a kids science project that demonstrates a simple and easy means of extracting genetic material.

https://learning-center.homesciencetools.com/article/how-to-extract-dna-at-home/

The fireflies strike me as being staffed by murderous medical quacks who don't know what they're doing.

"and murdered the fireflies leader , not perplexing just normal behavior."

>Extraordinary behavior influenced by extraordinary circumstances.

Spoiler!

"But in the last of US 2? Did you Saw that fucking sex scene? My jaw hot the floor bruh i was perplexed, just wow, how dare they to do it!"

>I definitely saw it... It was mad weird. What the hell was ND thinking? What was the point of that?

Maybe Druckmann is into buff girls? I don't know, man...

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 08 July 2020

BraLoD said:
KLAMarine said:

Joel tortured people, killed a lot of innocent people before the main story, killed an innocent doctor and deprived the apocalyptic world from a cure, and then killer the fireflies leader to cover the lies he would make to Ellie.

That was one of the biggest things from the original game, how lots of people could both condemn and agree with Joel actions at the same time.

Innocent doctor? That doctor was going to kill Ellie.

See my post above.

Around the Network

Well, it's now official: there are now more positive user reviews for TLOU2 on Metacritic than negative ones. As of right now...

57,079 positive reviews
56,974 negative reviews
5,460 mixed reviews

I highlight this distribution to point out the misleading nature of the 5.3 average user review score. Few people actually have mixed opinions about this game. It's very polarizing. Almost everyone either loves it or hates it.

BraLoD said:
KLAMarine said:

Innocent doctor? That doctor was going to kill Ellie.

See my post above.

He was not going to kill Ellie, she was going to die so he could develop a cure. You don't go out killing a doctor for doing their job.

It's like blaming a scientist for testing a vaccine/medicine, it's a process for a greater good, and Ellie wanted that herself.

The second game makes very clear how impactful was that choice Joel made, not only for that person, but for Ellie and ultimately the world, which I don't codemn him for, he was trying to save Ellie even if it was only for himself, he wanted to keep a life he value a lot.

Joel made an egotist choice and that had consequences, but in the end, like he said he would do that all over again, even as he saved a life in spite of many, a lot of us felt like he did what he should have done.

Well, one person didn't, and here we got.

That's the beauty of it, no matter what he did he would carry that burden for the rest of his life.

The first game is beautiful and is his story, the second game shows the consequences of that, and even as its really sad, it is the consequences of the characters own acts.

He was not going to kill Ellie, she was going to die so he could develop a cure.

>So was the surgeon just gonna lay Ellie down on the operating table and wait for her to die from natural causes or something? I don't understand. The process of developing the vaccine was going to kill her and fireflies were the ones developing said vaccine.

They were very much going to kill Ellie.

It's like blaming a scientist for testing a vaccine/medicine, it's a process for a greater good, and Ellie wanted that herself.

>I still maintain the fireflies were staffed by idiots. There's a real world example we can compare this to: the fight against smallpox.

Long story short, when inoculating people against small pox, a simple sample of cow pox, a less severe form of small pox, was all that was needed. The cow pox patient didn't need to die. Why does Ellie have to die?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqUFy-t4MlQ

Maybe I'm missing something, some portion where the science in TLoU is explained in more detail?..

Please note that virusses are something totally different than a parasitic fungi,if a fungi this agressive hits humanity we will suffer great losses.

BraLoD said:
KLAMarine said:

He was not going to kill Ellie, she was going to die so he could develop a cure.

>So was the surgeon just gonna lay Ellie down on the operating table and wait for her to die from natural causes or something? I don't understand. The process of developing the vaccine was going to kill her and fireflies were the ones developing said vaccine.

>I still maintain the fireflies were staffed by idiots. There's a real world example we can compare this to: the fight against smallpox.

Long story short, when inoculating people against small pox, a simple sample of cow pox, a less severe form of small pox, was all that was needed. The cow pox patient didn't need to die. Why does Ellie have to die?

Maybe I'm missing something, some portion where the science in TLoU is explained in more detail?..

There is a very big difference between killing a person as a murder and as a way to save the entire planet, and she wanted it herself.

Ellie was going to die for the vaccine, not because the doctor choose to kill her, that's what I'm talking about, the doctor was innocent, he was saving the world and Ellie was collateral damage (which is still not good, but he is not doing it because he wants to).

Spoiler!
And in the sequel you see he is still sad she would have to die for it, thinking about what would he do if she was his daughter, aka, the dillema Joel was into.

About if they were able to not kill her and still get a cure, pay in mind that it was the world 20 years after the apocalipse, and they were a revolutionary army in the brink of destruction, they didn't have anywhere close the same means, resources and capacity for such delicate surgery as they would in the world before the outbreak.

They explain the only way to develop the vaccine is to extract the part that growns in the brain, which I don't even know if modern science was able to without killing the patient.

The fungus grows in the brain (which is evident everywhere, from the story to the infected evolution stages as well), and at least in the story, only having access to the part of Ellie's brain that was able to fight back the fungus growth they could understand what was the cause and develop a cure.

They needing to kill her to extract the fungus to develop a cure was lousy writting to force the final with Joel killing everyone.

And as a father and also understanding that for him the world was worth nothing anymore and he was just surviving and avoiding people there would be no point in saving humanity at the cost of the girl he took for daughter after bonding on the journey.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

BraLoD said:
KLAMarine said:

There is a very big difference between killing a person as a murder and as a way to save the entire planet, and she wanted it herself.

Ellie was going to die for the vaccine, not because the doctor choose to kill her, that's what I'm talking about, the doctor was innocent, he was saving the world and Ellie was collateral damage (which is still not good, but he is not doing it because he wants to).

Spoiler!
And in the sequel you see he is still sad she would have to die for it, thinking about what would he do if she was his daughter, aka, the dillema Joel was into.

About if they were able to not kill her and still get a cure, pay in mind that it was the world 20 years after the apocalipse, and they were a revolutionary army in the brink of destruction, they didn't have anywhere close the same means, resources and capacity for such delicate surgery as they would in the world before the outbreak.

They explain the only way to develop the vaccine is to extract the part that growns in the brain, which I don't even know if modern science was able to without killing the patient.

The fungus grows in the brain (which is evident everywhere, from the story to the infected evolution stages as well), and at least in the story, only having access to the part of Ellie's brain that was able to fight back the fungus growth they could understand what was the cause and develop a cure.

If these surgeons think they can extract the parasite from Ellie, surely they would be able to extract a sample out of Ellie without killing her. I have to wonder, did they even try to first run some non-invasive tests? MRIs or X-Rays? Why must they automatically resort to a procedure that kills the patient? What if they kill the parasite in the process thus potentially losing a very valuable resource?

I imagine the parasite is living off of Ellie and if Ellie dies, the parasite dies too: it's much better to keep the parasite alive by keeping Ellie alive so you could extract multiple samples and run multiple and various tests.

Like I said, these firefly doctors seem like idiots to me. Joel was right to take Ellie at the end of the first game.