By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last of Us Part II - Review Thread (MC: 93 / OC: 93)

Tagged games:

Bonzinga said:
DonFerrari said:
Metacritic now at 76k reviews and the positive keeps growing faster than the negatives, now the score is 4.4

Metacritic has actually blocked all negative reviews for TLOU2 however Positive Reviews are still allowed. This explains the score climb.

And gaming sites are now praising the raise in score saying people actually like it and that this is a victory against bots. :P

10/10. Well played.

Last edited by iron_megalith - on 26 June 2020

Around the Network

A thing I forgot, in most games you have to wait like 20 seconds to get back into the game once you die. In TLOU2 it takes like 2 seconds. How did they do that? It was so amazingly fast.

KLXVER said:
A thing I forgot, in most games you have to wait like 20 seconds to get back into the game once you die. In TLOU2 it takes like 2 seconds. How did they do that? It was so amazingly fast.

Xenoblade has been doing this for a long time. So it's not some hardware miracle.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

iron_megalith said:
Bonzinga said:

Metacritic has actually blocked all negative reviews for TLOU2 however Positive Reviews are still allowed. This explains the score climb.

And gaming sites are now praising the raise in score saying people actually like and that this is a victory against bots. :P

10/10. Well played.

Odd way to look at it as a win. Its not all bots posting negative reviews.

This could become a bad look for Metacritic as they are also deleting actual negative reviews while keeping the positive review bots in the mean time. It can make them look bias and the fact they don't do this with every game. Example: Warcraft Reforge sits on a 0.6/100 with 30,000 Users hating the game shortly after the China protesting incident, that User score has not changed since. Treating some companies with special privileges will only back fire in the long term reputation of the site.

The video below is a good watch about whats happening.

Ill will be making a separate Post about this shortly.

Last edited by Bonzinga - on 26 June 2020

John2290 said:
KLXVER said:

You have to load in for two minutes at the start and in chapter select, I'm sure that has something to do with it. I guess they load the world states upon death onyo the drive and have them ready to pull up, you're two seconds would be ordering that but sure I know fuck all. Oh and Sekerio: Shadows Die Twice in at 0 seconds ;P

Well I wish more games would be like TLOU2, Sekiro and Xenoblade then. Hopefully this is what many of the PS5 games will do.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
John2290 said:

You have to load in for two minutes at the start and in chapter select, I'm sure that has something to do with it. I guess they load the world states upon death onyo the drive and have them ready to pull up, you're two seconds would be ordering that but sure I know fuck all. Oh and Sekerio: Shadows Die Twice in at 0 seconds ;P

Well I wish more games would be like TLOU2, Sekiro and Xenoblade then. Hopefully this is what many of the PS5 games will do.

Actually I think the amazing thing is that so many games load that long after a death. Amazingly bad.

Respawn after death is usually a checkpoint close to the point you died, same level or area, so basically you already have loaded all the world, monsters and textures you need. But alas, most games drop everythign and reload the damn level. So all you need for a faster reload after death is devs with two braincells and enough resources to do their job.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

BraLoD said:
KLXVER said:

Their new integrated SSD is already show to render new full new scenarios at any time during the actual gameplay (Ratchet and Clank), so if it can't get you back almost instantly it'll make no sense xD

Im sure Sony will utilize it, but I still have my doubts about it being very common among third parties.

BraLoD said:
KLXVER said:

Im sure Sony will utilize it, but I still have my doubts about it being very common among third parties.

It should be common, because the XSX also have a SSD.

We will see Sony first party doing things you'll see only there but very quick loads (including respawn) should be the norm from now on.

That would be amazing. Not very long until we find out for sure.

John2290 said:
Finished it, no wonder it's still getting brigaded. I'm half tempted to leave a zero myself. Utter load of bollachs of a story.

I guess I know why you are pissed and would be an explanation I gave on here that shows similarity to the first game, let it sink and perhaps it will set.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."