By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last of Us Part II - Review Thread (MC: 93 / OC: 93)

Tagged games:

sales2099 said:
kazuyamishima said:
Remember that is a Sony game, so they will be criticised for the minimum reason.

In other platform I’m pretty confident it would do around 97-98 but since it’s on PS4 I expect between 88-94.

I’ll go with 92 but I hope I’m wrong and the game scores higher.

That’s a odd perspective. From mine it’ll be praised extra just because is a Sony game. Hence my 94 prediction 

If it's two years ago I'll agree with you, but seeing what the review was going on to SONY games these 2 years, it's not odd to say there's gonna be certain point off in the first place because it's a SONY game if it is not PERFECT.

Around the Network

my gut feel 96 dropping down to 94, but  fuck my gut what's it done for me besides bellyaching all the time. 95 it is

Last edited by mjk45 - on 08 June 2020

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

High end of 95

It looks....crazy. Crazy good from a gameplay and technical standpoint. And also, like Trump might say, TLOU 2 looks like "one of the wettest we've ever seen, from the standpoint of water".

I hate him so much.

It looks amazing. Combat and stealth.... The brutality alone makes me want to watch "The Many Faces Of Death", just to cleanse my palette.

It was made with, purportedly, input from Anita Sarkeesian, whom I'm not a fan of. And I've read things about Druckmann and ND that are unsavory if true... So outside of the reservations I have with the narrative that I spoiled myself, with spoilers, I wonder how I will feel about...potentially..., the feeling of forced, modern neo-leftist ideology into the world of TLOU.....I feel that such elements won't be delineated by reviewers at large, and with good reason. Will the Bat-Suit be perfection on it's own? Or will it only be perfection when it fits a woman?

Sorry for the political stuff. I've lived in a left neighborhood for most of my life, but some of my new neighbors are assholes.

- edit, I have no business up some of these topics, especially they way I did it. It's already been quoted, but I change the bit about Sarkeesian, I guess for ceremony, since it's still visible. No sleep, but no excuses. Over the line, and out of place. 

Last edited by COKTOE - on 09 June 2020

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

COKTOE said:

It looks....crazy. Crazy good from a gameplay and technical standpoint. And also, like Trump might say, TLOU 2 looks like "one of the wettest we've ever seen, from the standpoint of water".

I hate him so much.

It looks amazing. Combat and stealth.... The brutality alone makes me want to watch "The Many Faces Of Death", just to cleanse my palette.

It was made with, purportedly, input from, gaming intellectual pig-dog poser, Anita Sarkeesian. And I've read things about Druckmann and ND that are unsavory if true... So outside of the reservations I have with the narrative that I spoiled myself, with spoilers, I wonder how I will feel about...potentially..., the feeling of forced, modern neo-leftist ideology into the world of TLOU.....I feel that such elements won't be delineated by reviewers at large, and with good reason. Will the Bat-Suit be perfection on it's own? Or will it only be perfection when it fits a woman?

Sorry for the political stuff. I've lived in a left neighborhood for most of my life, but some of my new neighbors are assholes.

Hundreds of vids/posts online talking about assumptions,she could very well had no effect at all on the game.

What slightly keeps irritating me is that out of all the feminist rolemodels people blindly follow one that is a toxic human being,and keep giving her positive/negative attention.

Around the Network

93-97 is my range, so let’s go with the middle of 95.

89-93 is the range I am expecting, but for a more punctual value, I will go with 92. It really depends on how many clickbait reviews will be posted, because otherwise, I doubt that it will be anything except exceptional. For the last 2 decades they put out mostly gold and this one seems to be one of the best looking games they made thus far.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

98 cause there is no way a majority of games-media won’t give this 10/10 just because of the “progressive” content of the game

96 Metacritic
85 User

Critics won't be allowed to give a lower than 9.0 for this game even if they wanted to.

I'll say it will be 97 or 98 from gaming industry (Critics).
Let's go with 98.

For gamers (Users) though, I fear it will be close to 80.
Let's go with 81.