By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last of Us Part II - Review Thread (MC: 93 / OC: 93)

Tagged games:

The sum of critic reviews for a game is not representative to the quality of that game, but the youtube review of a person who dislikes the genre of the game to begin with, is representative.

The gaming community has come a long way.

Around the Network
Mordred11 said:
EnricoPallazzo said:

This week the ending leaked and other scenes and Im baffled. Not going to play it anymore and it impresses me a lot so many 10's for this game. For me the review from Skill Up sums it perfectly.

Hence why im curious about the public opinion vs critics opinion on this one.

A lot of people seem to bring this review up but the majority are ignoring the fact SkillUp stated very recently he didn't enjoy the first game that much either. And when comparing the two, he stated that the reason for him disliking part 2 more was that the first game at least had somewhat of a more light nature, a narrative less dark and more filled with hope. How does that sum it up to you perfectly, a supposedly BIG fan of the first game, in correlation to everything else you said?

Besides, if it's true the first game is one of your favorites of all time, why would you watch ALL of the leaks, including the ending? 

For your second question, I already answered above. I dont need to prove to you how much I love the first game, if you dont believe it after what I said, so be it.

As for the "perfectly" im sorry I forgot that people here aver VERY attached to 100% accuracy of meaning on words. Of course its not perfect, there are other stuff I dont like and it is mentioned.

His low score though was because of the tone, the story, the plot holes, the ending and etc. Which matches what I think. 

I wont go further because I dont want to spoil anything neither make people fell tempted to check leaks. I hope everybody enjoys the game, im just curious for their reactions and opinions, including ND blatlantly lying in the traillers.

Mod Note-  Edited this post slightly.  Don't think what was said was necessarily a spoiler, but we want to be extra cautious.- JWeincom

Last edited by JWeinCom - on 18 June 2020

Mordred11 said:

The sum of critic reviews for a game is not representative to the quality of that game, but the youtube review of a person who dislikes the genre of the game to begin with, is representative.

The gaming community has come a long way.

this is just ridiculous and juvenile from your part and shows how you definitely dont want to have a proper discussion.

Yes, I think all reviews are wrong except skill up and ign japan. Happy now? See I agreed with you, you won. Feels good doesnt it?

Never understood people who dont play a game because someone else "told" them they didnt like it.
Go play it.
Make up your own mind.
And after you fully played it,and you honestly Didnt like it, then but only then,your opinion about it means something.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

xl-klaudkil said:
Never understood people who dont play a game because someone else "told" them they didnt like it.
Go play it.
Make up your own mind.
And after you fully played it,and you honestly Didnt like it, then but only then,your opinion about it means something.

I agree if we are talking about a 5 dollar movie on netflix or maybe watch a game from a sport you think it sucks, or having a aquick meal on a restaurant or whatever.

But on a 35 hour game that costs 60 dollars? Then I dont agree. I dont need to play 100 hours of Persona 4 to have an opinion that I dindt like the game when I know I dont like the setting, combat, story, pacing etc. Its just not for me, not my cup of tea. I dont need to spend 100 hours and 60 bucks on it to know.

Around the Network
xl-klaudkil said:
Go play it.
Make up your own mind.

Big youtubers like jacksepticeye, channels big enough who don't need to rely on negativity for more views, have started uploading their playthroughs and they are stating how this might be game of the year for them. I guess everyone who was downplaying the game should change their mind and buy the game now? No, because an opinion is just an opinion. Negativity will simply have a stronger voice on the internet, shame we can't do much about it.

Thats ofcourse not what i ment.

I dont like sport games and i will never buy them.

But some people where looking out for tlou2, and because some leaks or dude told them  he didnt like it, all of a sudden they dont like it either without playing it.

Sorry but that just sounds weird to me.

So what i ment is, if your interested  in a game,dont let someone else there "opinion" change yours. 

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

xl-klaudkil said:

Thats ofcourse not what i ment.

I dont like sport games and i will never buy them.

But some people where looking out for tlou2, and because some leaks or dude told them  he didnt like it, all of a sudden they dont like it either without playing it.

Sorry but that just sounds weird to me.

So what i ment is, if your interested  in a game,dont let someone else there "opinion" change yours. 

Ah this I agree 100% with you. I would never stop playing a game because someone told me its bad. But if I watch 6 hours of this game know the story beforehand then I definitely have enough info to say I should better not play ut.

Ppl who are determined no matter what to bad mouth this game are still giving it publicity and awareness which is working for the game’s advantage;)

Basically the joke is on them.

EnricoPallazzo said:
Mordred11 said:

A lot of people seem to bring this review up but the majority are ignoring the fact SkillUp stated very recently he didn't enjoy the first game that much either. And when comparing the two, he stated that the reason for him disliking part 2 more was that the first game at least had somewhat of a more light nature, a narrative less dark and more filled with hope. How does that sum it up to you perfectly, a supposedly BIG fan of the first game, in correlation to everything else you said?

Besides, if it's true the first game is one of your favorites of all time, why would you watch ALL of the leaks, including the ending? 

For your second question, I already answered above. I dont need to prove to you how much I love the first game, if you dont believe it after what I said, so be it.

As for the "perfectly" im sorry I forgot that people here aver VERY attached to 100% accuracy of meaning on words. Of course its not perfect, there are other stuff I dont like and it is mentioned.

His low score though was because of the tone, the story, the plot holes, how the last 10 hours of the game are thrown away in the ending and etc. Which matches what I think. 

I wont go further because I dont want to spoil anything neither make people fell tempted to check leaks. I hope everybody enjoys the game, im just curious for their reactions and opinions, including ND blatlantly lying in the traillers.

In TLOU1 you pass the whole game trying to get Ellie to the lab to discover the cure for the disease, but end up killing the doctors and running with her. I guess that throws out everything you done on the game as well right?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."