By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last of Us Part II - Review Thread (MC: 93 / OC: 93)

Tagged games:

Don't really get why some doubted this one. Have you seen Naughty Dogs track record?

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Just realizing there's a whole lotta consequences here. I know most of you won't know what I'm referencing, and I'll be nice and not name who it is, but someone was quite wrong on how this would be received.

Were there bets made?

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

COKTOE said:
CGI-Quality said:
Just realizing there's a whole lotta consequences here. I know most of you won't know what I'm referencing, and I'll be nice and not name who it is, but someone was quite wrong on how this would be received.

Were there bets made?

Run around naked in the field shouting the Last of US!

BraLoD said:
Just watched some spoiler free reviews and they always end up this way:
It's the best game this gen/ever.

Saw so much praise on the animations, sadly they are wonky like on Uncharted 4 tho... 🤣

Trying not to read any review to avoid any spoilers but does seem very promising and if its anything like the original or even better - hooeee!

That says something about the quality of animation in the games industry. ND still the best in the biz, but ultimately still not there yet.

Ahh okay, fair enough, lol. For sure, the attention to detail they usually put into their games is so impressive each gen, so I wouldn't be surprised.

Just a week to go.. can't wait.

Around the Network

Still winning!

This is undoubtedly the game of the year by far at least according to the reviews I am reading. Probably the game of generation ...So naughty dog has now pulled the same feat twice in subsequent generations.

BraLoD said:
TruckOSaurus said:
I'll go with 92.

Also, I sincerely don't know why some people think Sony games get treated unfairly. Most of them have great scores.

It's not that they are treated unfairly, is that Sony games will ALWAYS be prone to more criticism, independant of how good they are.

You can see games that win several GOTYs like Uncharted 4, TLoU and GoW just never reach the likes of Rockstar or Mario/Zelda peak scores (97+) even as they get as much recognition from everybody anyway.

(GoW wins lots more GOTYs from the same critics that scored it lesser than RDR2, for example).

You gets reviews dropping TLoU a 6 because when Joel dies his death is not permanent, or U4 a 4 because the game is too beautiful, or GT6 a low score (forget it, think it was 4) because it's not open world.

When it happens to Pokemon for example (too much water) it becomes a widespread meme, but that happens all the with Sony games.

Also you see things like this often in reviews: it's the best game I ever played, 9.4

Sony games are not treated unfairly by most of the critics (they are by some, but that happens) but they are definitely way more scrutinized by most of then.

So even as they can still score amazingly well, it ends up feeling that if it was made by someone else, it could score even better.

That review got memed, because that sentence was hilarious. But you realize that exactly this example is countering your stance: No Pokemon game ever has been 90 or more in score, while God of War, TLOU and Uncharted all are above 90. Sony games score incredibly well. Even if another game sells millions more.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Oh I'm happy with the critical reception

Hoping the sales are also great, I've seen so many people hating on this game now I just can wish the best

85 reviews and still 96 looking good. Anyone know if Edge's review is up?

Last edited by hinch - on 12 June 2020