By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Linus - I’ve Disappointed and Embarrassed Myself (re: PS5 SSD)

DonFerrari said:
HollyGamer said:
The video got trending on Youtube LOL. Sony and EPIC just got free marketing LMAO.

As they say there is no bad publicity, and sometimes it turns out real good.

That's why Sony has it's class when it comes to PR. They might be arrogance but they are leader on video games industries after Tencent and bigger one on dedicated home consoles. 

They just let people arguing and made drama , in the end people who made drama just embarrassing themself. 

Just look on how PS5 reveal, it was just only a logo the Internet took a storm and then Mark Cerny did presentation (and forum dweller mock that) and suddenly boom Unreal Engine came out without even need  Sony logo or Playstation add at all or not even Sony the one who reveal that.  just look how many view it has on Unreal Youtube channel. They did less and even started bad, but they gained a lot attention like always.

The power of brand. 

Around the Network

The conversation is so one sided one can’t help but think Sony got them in their pockets. They are supposed to be neutral.

Edit: the apology is warranted but I stand by him saying he was possibly paid off. Clearly we can all see what is a very good effort in tilting the power narrative away from Xbox. 

Last edited by sales2099 - on 07 June 2020

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Bandorr said:
sales2099 said:
The conversation is so one sided one can’t help but think Sony got them in their pockets. The UE demo they were practically forbidden to mention the word “Xbox”. They are supposed to be neutral.

So in the thread of a video where Linus calls people out for thinking that Sony paid off Sweeny.. you spread the theory that.. Sony paid off Sweeny?

Watch the video you clearly haven't.

Just watched it, ya the guy apologized for taking 2nd hand info and called him out on things he shouldn’t have. Only strengthens my opinion Sweeny is only hyping up Sony here. All this is free press to ram home the PS5 SSD is the secret sauce of next gen. He should be talking up both, Series X makes a lot of clever uses of its own tech but what we seeing is Epic only advertising for Sony. It’s brilliant because Sony bragging doesn’t have the same weight as a major 3rd party doing it. Comes across as more believable. They should be neutral is my point but to me it looks more like they are obligated to only talk up one platform.  

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 15 June 2020

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

twintail said:
sales2099 said:

Just watched it, ya the guy apologized for taking 2nd hand info and called him out on things he shouldn’t have. Only strengthens my opinion Sweeny is only hyping up Sony here. All this is free press to ram home the PS5 SSD is the secret sauce of next gen. He should be talking up both, Series X makes a lot of clever uses of its own tech but what we seeing is Epic only advertising for Sony. It’s brilliant because Sony bragging doesn’t have the same weight as a major 3rd party doing it. Comes across as more believable. They should be neutral is my point but to me it looks more like they are obligated to only talk up one platform.  

Poor MS, seems no one is willing to give them the time of day.

Basically Sony combatting the weaker console narrative when the spec sheets came out (admittedly they are doing a good job). Epic does the work and Sony’s fingerprints arent on the scene. Again I said it’s brilliant marketing but there is no way Epic is doing this one sided commentary by their own will alone. MS got to step it up. 

sales2099 said:
Bandorr said:

So in the thread of a video where Linus calls people out for thinking that Sony paid off Sweeny.. you spread the theory that.. Sony paid off Sweeny?

Strengthens it only in your paranoid mind.

You clearly seem to be bothered by the attention SONY's receiving and trying to come up with conspiracy theories because it might just kill you to acknowledge they did a fine damn job with their SSD. Your "MS got to step it up" followup post only strengthens my opinion on your behavior. 

Around the Network
HollyGamer said:
DonFerrari said:

As they say there is no bad publicity, and sometimes it turns out real good.

That's why Sony has it's class when it comes to PR. They might be arrogance but they are leader on video games industries after Tencent and bigger one on dedicated home consoles. 

They just let people arguing and made drama , in the end people who made drama just embarrassing themself. 

Just look on how PS5 reveal, it was just only a logo the Internet took a storm and then Mark Cerny did presentation (and forum dweller mock that) and suddenly boom Unreal Engine came out without even need  Sony logo or Playstation add at all or not even Sony the one who reveal that.  just look how many view it has on Unreal Youtube channel. They did less and even started bad, but they gained a lot attention like always.

The power of brand. 

Remember also the meltdown of the "100 PS4 games on BC", people can watch a full presentation and simply don't understand nothing. That also gave a loot of publicity and Sony put a very quick explanation that most PS4 games will be playable on PS5.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

sales2099 said:
Bandorr said:

So you want to pass a bill of platform coverage neutrality so every newspaper and dev talk equally as good about Xbox?

I always though MS had infinity money and Sony was bankrupted. So how can Sony have bought all devs and left none for MS?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
sales2099 said:

So you want to pass a bill of platform coverage neutrality so every newspaper and dev talk equally as good about Xbox?

I always though MS had infinity money and Sony was bankrupted. So how can Sony have bought all devs and left none for MS?

Guess MS investing in first party where as Sony has a very rich history this gen moneyhatting 3rd party devs. They already have a handle on their own 1st party. And Sony being bankrupted stopped being a meme since the Ps3 days. You know very well they have more then recovered this gen.

LurkerJ said:
sales2099 said:

You clearly seem to be bothered by the attention SONY's receiving and trying to come up with conspiracy theories because it might just kill you to acknowledge they did a fine damn job with their SSD. Your "MS got to step it up" followup post only strengthens my opinion on your behavior. 

I am acknowledging they did a fine job with the SSD. Happy?

But if you honestly think Sony has nothing to do with Epics one sided praises then you just the flip side of me in terms of platform loyalty. You can easily acknowledge this but still claim a victory because in the end this is positive press and exposure for your favourite brand.

Since the spec sheets came out overall favouring Series X it is Sony that has everything to prove, not Ms. And like I said it’s weird Epics comments on next gen consoles has been incredibly one sided for a third party dev. 

Edit: I’m clearly not the only person who thinks this. The awkward moment when Sweeny refused to utter the word “Xbox” when repeatedly asked if the demo could run on Series X. Almost like he was contractually obligated to only talk about PS5 positively. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2020/05/15/why-is-epic-cheerleading-ps5-and-being-weird-about-xbox-series-x-with-ue5/amp/

sales2099 said:
LurkerJ said:

I am acknowledging they did a fine job with the SSD. Happy?

But if you honestly think Sony has nothing to do with Epics one sided praises then you just the flip side of me in terms of bias. You can easily acknowledge this but still claim a victory because in the end this is positive press and exposure for your favourite brand.

Since the spec sheets came out overall favouring Series X it is Sony that has everything to prove, not Ms. And like I said it’s weird Epics comments on next gen consoles has been incredibly one sided for a third party dev. 

My favourite brand? lmao, go to sleep. 

and your paranoia is baseless, because it's not just Epic that has been overly and positively vocal, the examples have been countless but your continuous refusal to see them; start with the video in the OP. Did SONY pay Linus too? 

Last edited by LurkerJ - on 07 June 2020