By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Official Protest Thread

The_Yoda said:
SpokenTruth said:

I'll give you a couple of days to reflect upon what you just said and to give you time to amend your position. There will be no mercy after.

I'm going to grab some popcorn. Please prove this statement "Their intention was simply to show them we still own you"  When did you get your power to read the minds of others and know their intention? To know the intention of those long dead is especially impressive.  Notice I ask nor state noting else.  Any attempts to dodge what i have asked you to do will only show you are arguing (at least on this point if not many others) from assumptions born of your own mind. Please show me the proof oh wise one.

I'd like to ask a question too: What honor did the fallen soldiers of the south have; which good cause did they die for?

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

Around the Network

I came across this video about the source of heavy equipment of the US police and it's consequences to policing and found it very interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOAOVbyfjA0

RolStoppable said:
The_Yoda said:

I'm going to grab some popcorn. Please prove this statement "Their intention was simply to show them we still own you"  When did you get your power to read the minds of others and know their intention? To know the intention of those long dead is especially impressive.  Notice I ask nor state noting else.  Any attempts to dodge what i have asked you to do will only show you are arguing (at least on this point if not many others) from assumptions born of your own mind. Please show me the proof oh wise one.

I'd like to ask a question too: What honor did the fallen soldiers of the south have; which good cause did they die for?

I cannot answer that question.  I can speculate that they were defending a way of life and possibly what they thought was overreach by the federal government. That isn't to say I agree with said way of life, far from it.  I did not live through the era nor know what they held in their hearts.

I could also guess that Perspective played a powerful roll both in their actions and in the erection of the statues.  The men on the wrong side of history likely didn't view themselves as evil. I am sure most of them were loved by others as Fathers, Sons, Husbands, Brothers, and friends.

I can speculate that, but I am not so pompous as to state the above as fact, merely as speculation. That speculation could very well be wrong, I don't always understand my own heart fully let alone pretend that I completely understand the hearts / intentions of others.

Perspective is a powerful thing that like timing does not, in my opinion, get nearly enough credit for its role in events and interactions.

@SpokenTruth so are you ever going to respond to us ... my popcorn is stale.

Edit - got a PM - covering for those related to Covid has him limited on time.  Stay safe @SpokenTruth and reply when things slow back down. I'll deal with stale popcorn, I've eaten worse.

Last edited by The_Yoda - on 03 July 2020

Coronavirus issues at work have made me very busy lately.

Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

Around the Network

So does black lives only matter when white people can be blamed cause that's what it seems like. Seeing that video of the guy with his daughter just being randomly shot makes me nauseous. I am glad i haven't seen any videos of the 7 year old killed in Chicago or the 8 year old killed in Atlanta by a BLM-protestor

Nothing to see here, move along