By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - PS5 Games Event - Postponed To Support Protests - Rescheduled Date TBD

JamesGarret said:
setsunatenshi said:
Not sure if it helps but Masahiro Ito just retweeted the PS5 announcement.

hint: He was the art director of the old Silent Hill games :)

By now you´ve probably heard  the rumors say it´s a PS5 exclusive developed by Sony Japan Studios and the key developers behind the original, so the excitement is off the charts!

Of course, just trying to not to fully believe it just yet. Besides any SH reboot or entry without Kojima would leave me disappointed at this point, but still... what if :)

Around the Network
Ryotsu said:

I have heard a rumor that Sony would have bought Sega and that is why their events on June 4 coincide on the same day

Let's not go crazy just yet lol... I was thinking of a handheld in my wildest dreams, but I won't allow myself to get hyped right now for it.

method114 said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

So long as Sony shows a good launch exclusive, I'll be happy. Something as good as Spiderman, Horizon, or GoW.

If they don't show something like that, or just show third party games I'll be a little disappointed. Also, I'd like to see a lot of gameplay so we can have digital foundry go into just how powerful PS5 actually is, and not on paper.

I think there is a very high possibility we get HZD2. I think it would be the perfect game to start the PS5 but will see.

I got a feeling they're not going to show their big 1st party exclusives early and wait till after MS had their July presser. Apparently there will be a number of streams leading to the ps5 launch and this one seems to be more about 3rd party games.

Finally official then. Let's see what they got.

Ryotsu said:

I have heard a rumor that Sony would have bought Sega and that is why their events on June 4 coincide on the same day

very unlikely, SegaSammy is actually worth quite a bit of money unless they decided to decouple pachinko and video game businesses

Around the Network
goopy20 said:
method114 said:

I think there is a very high possibility we get HZD2. I think it would be the perfect game to start the PS5 but will see.

I got a feeling they're not going to show their big 1st party exclusives early and wait till after MS had their July presser. Apparently there will be a number of streams leading to the ps5 launch and this one seems to be more about 3rd party games.

I think that would be a mistake. I'm getting a PS5 period Sony's already got a proven track record when it comes to delivering on the kind of software I want from both their own studios and Japanese studios (which I have a lot of interest in). Right now though Sony has been receiving a lot of negative attention and now would be the perfect time to show their big exclusives with gameplay after what just happened with Xbox.

It would also be weird to only show 3rd party games and nothing from your own in house studios when this is their event.

Finally

I'm actually curious to see the new game experiences that wouldn't be able to exist on PS4.

PotentHerbs said:
Next gen starts when Sony says so!

God, I hate that line. It hasn't been true in like 20 years.

OT: Interesting that they call it a "games" event. Makes me think they'll be taking a reverse approach when compared to Microsoft by starting with the games and then talking about the general features of the device as we get closer to release. I makes sense, too, as I don't think Sony will be a match for M$ in the features/UI department, whereas they have them handily beaten when it comes to the actual videogames.

It also lets them get the drop on Microsoft before they can show off any of their own first party support in July, AND effectively undermine whatever minor announcements M$ has slated for June.

Theres a rumor floating around about 38 games (from 3rd party) being shown.... and a additional few 2nd/1st party titles.

Its gonna be a big if their showing the console + potentially ~50ish games or so.