By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - PS5 Games Event - Postponed To Support Protests - Rescheduled Date TBD

Signalstar said:
I wonder if Sony will consider postponing this event if the protests and tension continues in the US? EA delayed their reveal of the next Madden game for that reason.

Madden is a very US centric franchise, so that delay is understandable.

The PS5 event on the other hand is highly anticipated all around the world and postponing it would do the perception of the Black community absolutely no favors. Sony has already showed their support for the cause on twitter and might include another nod in the presentation and I think that's the best kind of action they can take concerning the situation.

Around the Network
Signalstar said:
I wonder if Sony will consider postponing this event if the protests and tension continues in the US?
EA delayed their reveal of the next Madden game for that reason.

Sony is a global entity.
Just because people are out protesting in 1 country, doesnt mean it can just change things around to suit that country.
(even if the US is a big market)

Its up to people if they want to see this PS5 reveal & games event or not.

Madden's market is probably like 90%+ in the US.
Plus america football, has had past issues with racism. So it makes sense, they "have" to push their thing back.
They dont want to look bad, or like their against the protests.

Playstation cant afford to look weak by last minuet cancelling of events, or moveing things around like this.

Basically these 2 things arn't the same.
Its unfair to judge sony for acting differntly than EA does in this case.

Here's my predictions.

First Party:
* Horizon II Kicks-Off the show - Takes advantage of Ray Tracing, and SSD speeds, allowing for a more complex world and seamless fast travel. Gameplay demonstrates how it uses DualSense. Pulling back on the bow is conveyed with the adaptive triggers, HD haptics convey various textures in the world, and Gyro aiming is finally confirmed. Horizon II launches along side PS5.

* New London Studio game - Built as a key demonstration of DualSense. Showcases Motion used in conjunction with Haptics, as well as the Improved Touchpad, and Voice Commands using the built-in Mic. Also a launch title.

* PixelOpus shows off new IP - Action/Adventure title with a Unique hook

* Insomniac announces a new Ratchet & Clank - Disregards the PS4 reboot, takes place after the Future Saga, slightly darker

* Bluepoint announces Demon's Souls remake - Updated with enhanced visuals, 4K output, DualSense features, coming 20

* Gran Turismo 7 announced - First new mainline game in 5 years, shows off Ray Tracing and DualSense features.

* New Multiplayer game announced - Hero Action/Shooter that leverages SSD capabilities, available 2020

* Japan Studio reveals 2 games - One, a new Ape Escape title, showing a new art style, bright colors, DualSense controls, and how SSD can enhance the action. The other a new IP, fresh from the Gravity Rush team, a game that showcases the potential of both Ray Tracing and SSD speed.

* Spider-Man 2 Teaser - Green Goblin is the Villain, no gameplay, just narration over NY.

Third Party:
* Capcom announces Monster Hunter World II - World is Massive this time, new weapons shown Monsters are bigger than ever

* Ubisoft shows off Assasin's Creed Vallhalla - Shows off features exclusive to next gen, locations, and new gameplay elements

* Tekken 8 unveiled - New Characters, Next-Gen graphics, Special Guest character. Console exclusive to PS5

* Tales of Arise New Trailer - Story overview with voices, new battle system showcased

* Square Enix showcases 2 games - Brand new Bushido Blade, and teaser for Final Fantasy VII Remake Part 2, exclusive to PS5

* Activision shows the next Call of Duty - Explains new features for Next gen, new setting, 2020

* Bethesda talks about Starfield and Elder Scrolls VI - First look at gameplay of Starfield shown, and what new things Next gen can bring to these games.

* Sega shows off Yakuza: Like a Dragon, alongside a brand new Sonic game - The Sonic game is a spiritual successor to Sonic Adventure, SSD allows for a new kind of speed.

* Activision also announces a brand new Crash Bandicoot - First new main game in over 10 years, timed exclusive for PS4 and PS5

* Bandai Namco announces New IP - Exclusively for PS5

* Shuhei Yoshida shows off indie titles coming to the system - Various Indies are shown.

I think this can all make for a pretty solid showing by Sony.

hinch said:
victor83fernandes said:

Have you even read the comment before responding, please read slower so you can understand. I just said I want to see the console design, and compatibility with pro controllers from ps4 BEFORE DECIDING.

I dunno being quite dismissive even before we have seen the product and its games.. Dual Sense is somehow horrible, yet have not tried it. DS4 was somehow a bad controller and the constant comparisons in favour of Microsoft products.

Actually seems like you prefer Xbox, so why not go with that and call it a day?

PS5 controller has the same joystick layout as the ps4 controller, hence terrible for me, I'll not deal with thumb slipping for another whole generation. Never had the issue with xbox 360, wiiU, switch, xbox one and ps4 pro controller. I hate that joystick position, thats not an opinion, that a fact. I will never like the ps5 controller no matter what.

With that said, if sony allows the pro controllers compatibility, and good cooling with fans that don't get noisy, also console design can not look out of place with my entertainment center, can't be white, can't have some crazy lights, must be able to stand vertically.

If all of that is sorted then I'll gladly go ps5 instead of xbox. 

Unless Microsoft would blow me away with price and new exclusives.

But price is not important at all, unless the difference would be more than 200 dollars. 

TheFallen said:
victor83fernandes said:

Have you even read the comment before responding, please read slower so you can understand. I just said I want to see the console design, and compatibility with pro controllers from ps4 BEFORE DECIDING.

Yes I responded to your constant comparison to how Xbox was superior for you in various aspects, a lot of which are subjective anyway. So I suggest you re-read through your own comment too. Sure, people are excited to see the console but for people who are serious about gaming, the console aesthetic is an afterthought. It's not the be all and end all, and it's certainly not a deciding factor. The most important thing is the games, which is what this event is about. Nobody can judge what the DualSense will be like until it's in our hands, so I don't think it's fair to speak nonsense. 

Please explain what was subjective? Backwards compatibility is subjective? Or is the 12teraflops vs 10 teraflops subjective? Is the great design for cooling and ventilation subjective? Is the joystick position subjective?

When did I say the xbox was superior? Do you even understand English? Please read carefully.

Who are you to tell me if console aesthetics is important for me or not? Do you live in my house? How would you even know?

Most important thing is the games sure, both will have hundreds of great games. PS2 has more games than ps5 right now, does that mean I should just buy a ps2 instead? You make no sense.

Around the Network
KratosLives said:
shadow of colossus 2 , hopefully

Please NOOOOO, horrible game, all you do is climb a giant, repeat 12x times, the end. You do the exact same thing for the whole game.

Now if Sony announces horizon 2, gt7 ( a proper one this time that could compete with Forza, I mean at least a full campaign and some of the forza features as dynamic weather. 

To be honest I'd actually be happier with automatic updated graphics for all ps4 games, such as Anti aliasing and such, that would really get me excited for the console.

But most importantly for both Sony and Microsoft, bring us new games, stop with the endless sequels and remasters, we want new worlds, new characters, new story.

victor83fernandes said:
KratosLives said:
shadow of colossus 2 , hopefully

Please NOOOOO, horrible game, all you do is climb a giant, repeat 12x times, the end. You do the exact same thing for the whole game.

Now if Sony announces horizon 2, gt7 ( a proper one this time that could compete with Forza, I mean at least a full campaign and some of the forza features as dynamic weather. 

To be honest I'd actually be happier with automatic updated graphics for all ps4 games, such as Anti aliasing and such, that would really get me excited for the console.

But most importantly for both Sony and Microsoft, bring us new games, stop with the endless sequels and remasters, we want new worlds, new characters, new story.

People want new games and experiences unlike anything we're seeing now. Updated graphics for ps4 games would be a nice bonus but, just like the smart delivery games, it's not exactly the main reason anyone would buy a new console for. New experiences doesn't mean Sony should abandon all their successful ip's though. A HZD2 will probably get a lot more people excited than a new unknown ip. But from what I heard, Japan Studios has been working on a new AAA sci-fi ip for a while now.  

Lets how they show real-time gameplay and not some polished CGI movie.

JapaneseGamesLover said:
Lets how they show real-time gameplay and not some polished CGI movie.

Pretty sure this has been the format, especially in the last couple SoP for Last of Us 2 and Ghost of Tsushima

Tagging in.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."