By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - PS5 Games Event - Postponed To Support Protests - Rescheduled Date TBD

Around the Network

So, i guess back to black :)

Dallinor said:
victor83fernandes said:

I just want to see the console itself, to know if pro controllers will be compatible and to know if ps4 games will get upgraded, or else Ill be back to xbox, Ill not be playing with that horrible ps5 controller, I still have nightmares of when I used to struggle with ps4 controller, so this time xbox is more powerful, great design, great controller, elite controllers are compatible, huge list of backwards games going back 3 generations all upgraded, great use of external storage in cards inserted in the console, I hate having my external hdd connected to my ps4, specially because the USB is in the front, so the external is in the way.

Controller battery is also important, the ps4 controller lasts me 5 to 6 hours, the xbox controller lasts me 50 hours in one charge. Huge difference, so Ill take that into consideration too.

Over showing games? Why?

Because both console will have hundreds of games. I love ps exclusives but I also love some xbox exclusives and xbox series X plays 2 extra generations of games too.

I'd rather have less games than have to deal with announces like loud fan noise and poor battery life and horrible joystick placement.

derpysquirtle64 said:
victor83fernandes said:

I just want to see the console itself, to know if pro controllers will be compatible and to know if ps4 games will get upgraded, or else Ill be back to xbox, Ill not be playing with that horrible ps5 controller, I still have nightmares of when I used to struggle with ps4 controller, so this time xbox is more powerful, great design, great controller, elite controllers are compatible, huge list of backwards games going back 3 generations all upgraded, great use of external storage in cards inserted in the console, I hate having my external hdd connected to my ps4, specially because the USB is in the front, so the external is in the way.

Controller battery is also important, the ps4 controller lasts me 5 to 6 hours, the xbox controller lasts me 50 hours in one charge. Huge difference, so Ill take that into consideration too.

What's wrong with PS5 controller? From what Sony shown so far it looks like it will be the best Playstation controller.

It looks like ps4 controller and that is very bad, I struggle for years with my left thumb slipping from the joystick from pushing forward for hours, also very poor battery life, and later when I got a pro, my controller started to make strange noise on the right handle.

I fixed the issue by buying the nacon pro revolution unlimited, I have been happy since.

Apart from that, I went through a 4 ps4 so far due to poor design, launch one had a loud fan, bought the destiny model which was quieter, good enough, at least the noise was not over my headphones, then bought the pro, loud annoying noise again heard over my noise canceling headphones, finally bought the 3rd model of ps4 red dead redemption model, good enough not so loud.

I only bought one xbox One, the X at launch, to date the best designed console I ever had in my 30 years of gaming.

A shame about lack of exclusives, but it was great to play witcher 2, fallout 3, oblivion and many others in native 4K, I also love halo, gears and Ori, Recore, Alan wake, etc

I will end up with both next gen consoles in the end, but the first couple years my choice will depend on design and quality.

If sony would allow my pro controller to be compatible that would be a bonus, xbox series X allows the pro controller, it will also add enhancements to old games such as ray tracing, xbox will also read HEVC and Apple lossless files and will have VLC, so sony has a lot to catch up.

Sony also needs a good racing game really seriously, GT sports was online only, a huge mess, and there's nothing like forza horizon either.

TheFallen said:
victor83fernandes said:

Sounds like you've your mind made up already, so it won't matter what Sony bring to the table. Besides, the vast majority of gamers are excited irrespective of their platform of choice. It's important that Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft continue to bring great console packages, with games and network services backing them up, as competition brings continued growth and innovation to the games market.

Have you even read the comment before responding, please read slower so you can understand. I just said I want to see the console design, and compatibility with pro controllers from ps4 BEFORE DECIDING.

Around the Network
victor83fernandes said:
TheFallen said:

Sounds like you've your mind made up already, so it won't matter what Sony bring to the table. Besides, the vast majority of gamers are excited irrespective of their platform of choice. It's important that Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft continue to bring great console packages, with games and network services backing them up, as competition brings continued growth and innovation to the games market.

Have you even read the comment before responding, please read slower so you can understand. I just said I want to see the console design, and compatibility with pro controllers from ps4 BEFORE DECIDING.

I dunno being quite dismissive even before we have seen the product and its games.. Dual Sense is somehow horrible, yet have not tried it. DS4 was somehow a bad controller and the constant comparisons in favour of Microsoft products.

Actually seems like you prefer Xbox, so why not go with that and call it a day?

Last edited by hinch - on 31 May 2020

victor83fernandes said:
TheFallen said:

Yes I responded to your constant comparison to how Xbox was superior for you in various aspects, a lot of which are subjective anyway. So I suggest you re-read through your own comment too. Sure, people are excited to see the console but for people who are serious about gaming, the console aesthetic is an afterthought. It's not the be all and end all, and it's certainly not a deciding factor. The most important thing is the games, which is what this event is about. Nobody can judge what the DualSense will be like until it's in our hands, so I don't think it's fair to speak nonsense. 

shadow of colossus 2 , hopefully

I wonder if Sony will consider postponing this event if the protests and tension continues in the US? EA delayed their reveal of the next Madden game for that reason.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Signalstar said:
I wonder if Sony will consider postponing this event if the protests and tension continues in the US? EA delayed their reveal of the next Madden game for that reason.

Hmm, I'm thinking that there's a bit more pressure on sony to keep things as planned considering the large number of external companies involved (many not american) and it being a necessary part of launching a new hardware (EA its just one game). Also I think they have enough time to prepare a response to the situation by thursday and the protests will be in a different state by then and be receiving different kind of press/social media attention