By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Series X: The Most Powerful and Compatible Next Gen System

I just dropped in after literally years... And I see Goopy is still at it. My God... With that dedication you could've actually become rich if you put the time into something productive. In any case...

Just throwing one thing out there. We already know Medium is going to be available only on the Xbox Series X, not on the older consoles. Developers will choose if they will cater to the older consoles or not. They are not forced to do so. Microsoft has chosen to support the older Xbox One consoles for at least the first year for their first party studios, considering how the early games are most likely going to be developed in the 'old way' anyway. Their perspective most likely is that it doesn't hurt to increase your potential market.

And obviously, there are always the ones trying to spin a good thing into a bad thing. Buying the game on one system and automatically getting it on three is not a bad thing in the slightest. That this needs to be said at all is ridiculous.



Truth does not fear investigation

Around the Network

Maybe, maybe not. We'll just have to wait till Nvidia and AMD release the prices of their new GPU's. But like I've been saying for months now, ps5 will be showing them games that take advantage of that kind of hardware from day one. Meanwhile MS is too busy making sure anyone with a pc and Xone can play their games on GP too. That's why Sony's event got everybody excited about next gen, while Series X's first look did pretty much the opposite. 

Fascinating that you even think showing every consumer the middle finger who doesn't instantly buy a next gen console just to have enough "next gen only games" for the first few million people who buy such a console early is the only way MS should go. 

I mean, maybe, just maybe all the XBO owners and Gamepass on PC users who don't want to upgrade in the first year will be happy about getting more games they can play?

Just imagine that...100% of Xbox gamers will get more games now of whom 10% (early XSX customers) will get a much better version which could theoretically be even better if the other 90% wouldn't get it at all. MS is such a bad company nowadays!

MS did some mistakes the last ten years or so and that includes that XBO owners didn't get many first party games. Giving them some more in 2020 and 2021 isn't a bad thing.

And even after hundred people told you already that you can't compare a little side show from MS with Sony's main show I try to explain it to you as well:

MS got many smaller games out of the way already. Instead of letting these games go down in a main show MS gave these games a chance to get some attention. Attention some of these games would never get otherwise. Having more shows of whom one is the big one isn't worse as only having one big show. 

It's just stupid to argue about how MS failed when their big show didn't even happen yet. I have no idea how Halo or whatever else will look like on XSX but anyone who is able to think properly knows that he should at least wait for this show to argue about MS's offerings.